Topic Deleted **********

3 seasons or so… most of the time on my account is from Vanilla.

And I did not really start group play until S19.

None of that precludes that the paragon creep is not an issue. Nor does it really help the overall health of the game.

there is absolutely no problem with paragon. except the babies that are jealous of people that have more paragon then they have

I’m not jealous at all especially if that paragon was earned by someone sitting in chair grinding the time.

Can you say that every paragon point on the server was earned by someone physically playing?

If the answer is no then it is a flawed system that should be addressed.

I can say that all 2.4k paragon that I have was earned by playtime, without macros or 3rd party programs.

I even try to avoid groups where I even suspect that a party member is using a 3rd party program.

I have missed many grouping opportunities as a ZBarb because I do not have Thud or discord to time a stomp on the RGK’s holy cycle.

I refused to play with Bazooka wizards because it was impossible for me to know if they had the talent to time the rotations or if they were relying on a macro to hit the damage windows.

Even by not cheating myself it is hard to know if I have been the beneficiary of someone else’s skullduggery. That doesn’t feel good.

BTW if this is the response of a dumb person then I am happy to be moron.

you could play bazooka without macros. just because you couldn’t do it doesn’t mean other people couldn’t do it

I did not say that you couldn’t play Bazooka without macros, I said it was impossible to know if someone was using a macro or not.

That uncertainty for me tainted the whole build.

Nor did I claim that I was good or bad at the build, at the time it was viable I was focusing my time playing other classes. I will say when I did research builds I was turned away from playing by the reports that it took a macro for a casual player to make it effective.

I also did not play AoV until Blizzard sorted out the animation canceling issue as it was an unintended exploit of how the game worked. They fixed it now I enjoy playing it.

Btw… you cherry picked the comment that you thought you could insult me with and did not answer the question I posed to you:

Can you prove that all the paragon on every account was earned by someone sitting at their computer actively playing the game?

Please don’t deflect the conversation.

you are way too negative and complicated, based on your thinking you should never play with anyone else because they could possible cheat.

and I’m not cherry picking anything, you really want to enforce that casual-players can get as good results as pro-players and that is just ridiculous

A pro player should be able to beat a casual player even if they both have 0 paragon because a pro player has spent hours working on their skill at gameplay not because they have a statistical advantage over the casual player.

qed

• at least 20 characters

Then you agree that for a pro player the amount of paragon is arbitrary and a cap of 3000, 300, 30 or getting rid of it altogether would not affect their ability to push higher than a casual player.

I believe that is what this conversation demonstrated.

I don’t agree to anything, especially not to your fascist style of discussion

If sharing personal experiences and feelings are fascist then civil discord in the world has really devolved. That doesn’t feel good.

I hope you enjoy your version of the universe as much as I enjoy mine. Good day, sir.

the difference between the two of us is I’m not trying to enforce my version of the universe on everybody else

No you are only using ad hominem arguments and straw-man arguments, no actual discussion going on. The part about health and damage done scaling differently, so higher paragon can do rifts higher than expected through their paragon still stands. I pushed a 140 with my pig sticker Crusader this season and survivability was the number 1 problem for me, if I had 3000 extra paragon it would be a complete nonissue until GR150, while the damage would still be hard to get around GR 145.

this is exactly what paragon is made for: so you can put more points in main stat/vitality and roll off main stat/vitality on gear

crying for a cap is just ridiculous and does not even deserve a real discussion about it

I think what he’s really saying, Fang, is that Ivory Tower is O.P. because of how the game handles blocking in general.

2 Likes