5. 107 ultramic P2083 Gr133
  6. 109 mersinary P2008 Gr133
  7. 116 th3diplomat P2163 Gr133
  8. 154 ninjadookie P1652 Gr132
  9. 157 darkdemon P2040 Gr132
  10. 160 ivan P2205 P2205 Gr132
  11. 177 luckynuttrix P1391 Gr131
  12. 211 keteriwa P1662 Gr131

Do what you will with this info. Currently, Rank 1 has pushed to Gr145 at P4151 as straight GoD6 duel wielding Dawn+Vallas. And everyone inbetween in the top 211 is either mix of duel wield, 1h xbow+Satchel, and there may be a couple 2h xbow+Satchel in there as well (I didn’t look that closely). So is Duel Wield really that much stronger? I’ve read conflicting ideas that 2h xbow should be better cause of how much harder it hits over 1h xbows and bows, and the same with bows over 1h xbows. Or is this just a simple case of popularity?

Personally, I feel like duel wield hits harder, especially when equiping/cubing ess of johan. But the tankiness of GoD6CC3+Yangs just makes the build feel so much more comfortable, as well as being a lil more passive with not having to use shadow power and preparation.

So what’s your thoughts?

1 Like

I don’t know how the math works but to me, dual wield offers a bit more freedom on gear rolls, because you wouldn’t necessarily have to Crit Dam on rings and could replace it with Area Damage and still have around 550 sheet crit dam. That’s just my thoughts though.

1 Like

Yea, I definitely feel that too. I’m not saying its necessarily easy, or easier, to find good vallas and/or dawn, but atleast you don’t have to find that high passive satchel with the disgusting 450-600 range, when you can just plop it in cube. On top of that finding cdr/areadmg on it as well including your 2 other main stats of crit+hungering arrow. Finding a decent enough hunters wrath seems simple enough, atleast for nonancient anyway.

1 Like

Ok

Ok

Nope. Quiver combinations mathematically are slightly better, but quivers are also much harder to roll well. It’s much easier to get a nice DW combo going (and it looks badass).

Mostly.

This will vary from person to person unless each individual rolled ideal stats on all setups for comparison.

People see what’s popular on LB’s, copy and paste, and the rest is history. No need to bother with unfamiliar combinations that may require gearing or playing different when what’s comfortable from last patch obviously works. The majority, no matter what game, will often times take the path of least resistance.

P.S. Maxroll.gg endorses the Odysseys End GoD6 setup as the best pushing build for DH. Even with their influence, almost no one has bothered with that setup this season still.

3 Likes

Ok…lol =)

I completely agree with this.

Also agree with this. I’m kinda disappointed that maxroll.gg doesn’t even mention a god6cc3+yangs build for pushing, but I think their god6 guide has a section in there with it for speed runs though. Also I think I remember Iria saying something somewhere about Wudijo not even recognizing or knowing that god6cc3+yangs was even possible or something.

Appreciate your insight as usual. Thanks =)

I’m still by my prediction that GoD6/A3 with CoE cubed will be top at end of season with 5k+ paragon.

1 Like

That is the strongest build IMHO, it shines where the Hungering Arrow needs help the most, single target.

And those who think Vallas is only worth 15-20% more damage are mistaken, it is worth more.

1 Like

Referring to Iria’s comment on GoD6AA3? Single target feels absolutely horrible as GoD6~. I haven’t really tried this build yet.

Duel wield with Vallas definitely feels strong, but my experience with using it is kind of lacking as I’ve mostly used Yangs. Pushed Gr129 with GoD6+Vallas+Dawn, but recently did the Gr133 with GoD6CC3+Yangs.

So I just tried this build pushin GR135, without cubed CoE (Wraps cubed). And granted, I’m not near 5000 paragon (Im p2025), which is a ridiculous figure for seasonal, imo. And I’m assuming cube CoE over Wraps? I’m just not tanky enough for it, die way too easily. I’m not doubting that it has the highest potential by any means giving you have enough dex for the added toughness, and granted if said person has the mechanics and skill to pull minions and elites along without dying repeatedly…Which clearly I do not. =)

i know its not totally applicable, but for reference, i did 135 ns at p2447. big ups to dmkt for helping me get gems to 140-142, augments were ~110 avg. havent played this season at all, so cant offer much more than saying it doesn’t seem like it should be that hard with either combo

1 Like

I agree, it should totally be viable, given the season buff between clones and 4th cube slot…There are players much lower than me in paragon and still pushing 130-135+, talkin like p1300 range. But a lot of it has to do with just finding that near perfect rng with a lot of minions/elites pulling then finding that conduit.

1 Like

First, the leaderboards this early into the season are misleading, especially with the Christmas and New Year around past month.

Also not everyone enjoys riding the speed meta rats / BS to farm paragons, some of us enjoy playing mostly solo.

There are various setups that work in S22 for GoD, I personally run the traditional one (no CC3, no Aughild, no squirts) with Yang and quiver (decent not perfect, 579% roll, 20% AD and 10% crit, wish it had CDR as well, but hey). I cleared 123 at 1200ish para if memory serves, and haven’t tried to push since then (close to 1.9k para now) but am positive I can do 130-135 (aug’d as well with mostly 120 gems, and good items overall).

As DieoXide mentioned, regarding weapons setup, it’s all about what you got to work with (except copy cats of course), I myself have a primal Yang with good stats, and my quiver is ancient as mentioned above. Also got a primal Dawn and a good ancient Valla’s but I prefer my 2h+quiver setup (did play all combinations, including squirts + fortress), haven’t noticed any meaningful difference in clear times on similar maps between the setups.

GoD pushing is all about density + AD + right type of mobs and map (open areas). Getting Conduit early on helps a lot of course on a good map, same with power being able to find / save it for RG.

And this is good IMHO. We have a variety of builds / setups for same set, unlike most other sets / classes sets, where you are pigeon holed in using precisely same items or the build won’t even work.

2 Likes

I dont think the leaderboards, “this early into the season” are really all that misleading at all, for the most part. We’re what, worked into our 9th or 10th week into the season already? Hate to break it to ya, but a good majority of the D3 community has already quit. Sure, theres quite a few people still pushing the leaderboards…But I dont think we’re going to see different build variants really popping up to outnumber GoD6 Vallas~.

I’d love for someone to push into the Rank 1, or even top 12 as GoD6CC3 or GoD6AA3 just to prove everyone wrong and bring a new perspective to everyones eyes…And maybe they’ll think to themselves: Dam, why didn’t I try that build…

I’m one of them people. I play mostly solo, occasionally looking for decent pub groups, occasionally running duo with a friend. Every once ina while I may jump the opportunity to run 4man GR125+. Hell, most the time I just sit in town talking in DH channel. =)

Yes, the variety is nice, really nice. It beats running UE Multishot and being forced to use Yangs+DML, or Shadow Impale with Karleis+HPS, and not really being able to change it up any. UE6CC3 and S6AA3 were nice touches, but how long did that last? GoD6~ obliterates all DH builds in almost every aspect, maybe besides UE for bounties, but why bother with it.

You already run Yangs, why not commit to CC3 for the added cdr+rcr and conversion to dmg+dmg reduction? It didn’t take me very many bounty mats at all to find decent/good ancient 2pc CC or 2pc AA (Of course you could have worse luck than me). =)

…I’m happy to have you following up in the thread and I hope you feel free to continue doing so. But mostly everything else you’ve said is just kinda regurgitated from previous comments. Though, kinda the same deal with my whole post in general, with pretty much every question and answer being regurgitated from previous posts that’s been covered numerous times already. So all in all, I already knew the answer. DiE, Iria, Idolis, Varadia, Woog, Dmkt and many others that I can’t think of off the top of my head right now, have all helped the DH community a great deal, and helped me a great deal as well through the forums with their epic posts and comments as well as personally in game…I’m in their clan btw, I’m surprised I haven’t been kicked already for being a noob. =)

So I guess my point is…And I guess you’re an example of this. As you say you’ve tried every combination of GoD6, but you say you notice no real difference in time to complete grifts or different in pushing power. Are you just copy-catting the leaderboards with what 90% of the DH community is playing, as straight GoD6, aside from using Yangs+Satchel over Vallas? IcyVeins at this point (imo), is kinda garbage, DiabloFans is out with not being updated anymore through future patches/seasons. MaxRoll.GG is the new up-n-comer D3 site for builds. But even they don’t sponsor GoD6CC3 or GoD6AA3, even though the numbers are there to support it. Not everyone reads the forums to read about all the research done by all the people that tried n tested…Or hell, I help people all day long through DH channel and most questions could be answered through a simple google search. But lets be real about it, not everyone able to push Top 1000 is that dull and is fully capable of finding these different build variations. So I guess it’s just like DiE said mostly…Most everyone is a bunch of lemmings (I’m not quoting, DiE is too nice to call people lemmings) following the top 12 - top 100 in what appears the most common build.

/endwalloftext

My point was that not everyone is pushing so early. Those who did ride the meta speeds obviously afforded to push because of high para & gems.

I don’t want to change to CC3, my setup works perfect for my needs, I have enough RcR to not worry about spamming smoke screen or run out of hatred when there’s gaps between mob spawns (certain maps come to mind).

My toughness is fine for 140’s (did join clan once as dps GoD), smoke screen takes care of most stuff, so as long as you don’t die from random X mob hitting you, you’re fine (1.6b in combat no external buffs).

I need more AD on my gear in order to push, sadly I did not get the items I need with that attribute, but in time I will (not going to mass reforge just to prove a point), as soon as I hit 140%+ I will start pushing, until then I just enjoy playing the game (am doing 120s solo in ~5m average now, close to 22k dex).

Am not copycatting anyone, hence why am not running DW or CC3 or Aug3, sure Valla is fine, but what you do get from DW in CHD, 2H with 10% dmg makes up for it dmg wise. Keep in mind once again, clearing high for GoD is all about AD + density + right mob type + right map type.

Yes, most peeps use DW (even in bounties lol) but that is because either A) they just copy cat or B) they got good rolls on DW weapons and didn’t find a nice satchel.

If you really want a top best builds for GoD pushing, then it’s Vallas + quiver with near perfect rolls as both DieoXide and Wudjio have shown (vids, math etc you name it), and that with entangling arrow weaved in between strafing with HA, which is very difficult to do right and nobody on leaderboards has done it.

No idea why you are calling me out for sharing my personal experience and thoughts, it’s not like it’s a competition / challenge who’s got bigger clears / better gear / skill w/e. We’re all part of same community playing and enjoying the game.

Cheers! <3

PS: I did try all the versions because I had the gear for it, I did not notice a notable discrepancy in my 120 clears with various setups, similar maps —> I leveled over 60 gems to 120 in past 2 weeks, solo GR, hence why for me it comes down to preference which for me is Yang + quiver). Amusingly I did get a primal quiver but it’s unsalvageable, has RCR elemental arrow dex vit and no discipline, just a small trophy in the stash ^^

EDIT: got a 2nd primal 9CS from kadala just earlier, still non-usable. RNG is RNG, there’s no way around it.

1 Like

Just put yourself into the shoes of a hypothetical average rat runner who would want to place on the DH board:

You’ve spent most of your time on your necro/barb, you have key pieces of DH gear missing and not much time to experiment on it. You’ve…“farmed” a finite (yet massive) supply of bounty mats to get yourself a few key items, FoT I’m sure taking up the vast majority of it.

Do you get a primal dawn+valla and move on, or go for a much more rare quiver?

I’d give Iria’s prediction a decent shot of happening - it’s a pretty cheap alteration to make, and all it takes is a high paragon player getting pissed off at their rift guardian time and confident in their excess survivability to give it a few hundred keys.

1 Like

I weave… front page EU. Pretty sure Raxx does too, or at least it looks like he does to me :slight_smile:

Another guy in the EU is front page with OE bow too and current rank 1 used squirts!

\o/ Glad you can get it done :slight_smile: There’s plenty of things that can work for similar clears, and I’m on firm opinion that map + mob type + density plays a bigger role than the setup you work with.

It has already been said last season, most players are either copycats or unable to find a good quiver.

It’s not like copycat is a bad thing per se, only when you do it mindlessly w/o even understanding why that person has that setup based on their items, rolls, paragon levels etc.

I mean if you look at Wizard leaderboards everyone is LoD Twister. There is like 0 diversity between builds (meaningful ones at least). And that because it’s the only decent build they have for pushing, boring as it may be.

You can’t have much diversity in D3, is not like PoE for example. That’s why I said am happy that unlike other classes, we do have a variety of GOOD choices to run the setup (especially now in S22).

Cheers and happy hunting! <3

1 Like

He’s talking about weaving dual generators. Everyone has to weave in general to keep up stacks, but dual generator is a bit more taxing and frustrating due to the bug.

Cool to see a representative :P. Also the squirts in place of elusive ring on the other guy is a nice touch.

Hi Die, looooooong time no speak… watched your lengthy breakpoint vid and a few others last season. Good to see you still flying the dh flag!

Ahh right, thanks! Yeah, I’ve tried that build too… I can see the potential, but I’ll need a lot more practice to make it work, same with squirts and a few others I’ve tried out :stuck_out_tongue: Mantle of Channelling I’ve done ok with mind… What’s this bug you speak of please, I think I might have missed that one?

1 Like