TL3 Kick In Date

So I have met all the requirements for TL3 except visiting 50% of the last 100 days. I’ve visited 44 days so far. Will TL3 kick in at day 50 or do I have to wait til the full 100 days? Only reason I ask is because I help maintain some Barb guides/wiki and I can’t do outside links yet so I have to have Free come through after me to make links clickable, imgur images show up directly in the post etc. and would just like to eliminate the 2 step process. Thanks!

1 Like

Was wondering the same thing. Didn’t really understand that 50% of the last 100 days part…

Probably on the 50th or 51st day.

1 Like

It will kick in on the 51st day, as it needs the 50th day to have been completed first. It also means that if you fail to maintain TL3 in any of the required categories, on the 51st day after you acquired TL3, you drop back to TL2.

Keeping the requirement up won’t be a problem. I was figuring it was the 50th or 51st day was hoping Nev or a MVP could confirm it 100%.

1 Like

i dont understand this, which categories is to maintain??

…So it means you need to view another 20.000 posts again in the next 49-50 days to maintain TL3…?

That is just ridiculous if it’s true…

No it should be a rolling count over a 100 day period. As long as you maintain reading everything here it won’t be a problem. Drop some comments and posts and you will be good to go.

1 Like

Imagine this sad event:

“Oh hey sis, I can’t make mom’s funeral.”
“I have to view 5k posts on Blizz forum to keep up my TL3.”
“I’m sure you understand.”

3 Likes

I had to do this manually on the WoW side, so I know it kicks in on the 51st day if you’ve met all of the requirements prior to the last one (visit at least 50 out of the last 100 days).

All of them. They’re listed in the sticky on the main GD page.

The 20,000 posts is indeed on a rolling 100 day window. It’s the visitation stat that can cause you to lose TL3 earlier.

It should be noted that if you grind everything out in one day, that’s when the clock starts ticking. The problem people will have for the most part is you can’t track which stats you need to beef up on and most posters will have each catetory of metric started on different days in the rolling window.

It’s annoyingly confusing, but the intent was to keep posters engaged throughout the rolling window, not just on one day and then they call it quits until just before the end of the window. But the result of not being able to keep track of what you have to do is that players become rather upset when losing TL3 because they didn’t know they were “deficient” in any given category. It leads to overzealous activity that most people wouldn’t partake in. That is, it sounds great on paper, but is rather poorly implemented in practice.

3 Likes

That is pure comedy gold, Chet! I LOL’d.

1 Like

Not all of them, a few. The only one you need to worry about is posts read. Others come naturally.

1 Like

Basically if you stay active and engaged it won’t be a problem. Give constructive responses that people like and like those that are valuable to you. EzPz

I thought we must pass that 100 days requirement first and then start read 20k post again to maintain. No??

No, you can get it on the 50th day if meet the 20k post read requirement, which I have no idea whether it is even theoretically possible considered the low amount of topics in the forums. Maybe if we can cheat it somehow, but who cares really, I need TL3 for Blizzcon so I can link properly whatever I find important.

There are currently >1,700 topics on this forum with >21,000 posts already.

2 Likes