Time to call it: Ethereals are a Fail

100% Yes. Especially since the “D3 team” has gone through several versions of staff, and they all make the exact same mistakes as their predecessors.

• not listening to crucial detailed feedback regarding state of classes
  • doing whatever they want regardless of impact on said classes
  • sticking their fingers into their ears and singing LALALALALA and completely avoiding communicating with all the people who waste their time testing their ridiculous patches.

The so-called :poop: attitude is a direct result of their poor conduct across the board. Cause —> Effect.

" Cause and effect is a relationship between events or things, where one is the result of the other or others. This is a combination of action and reaction. Something happens (a cause ) that leads to an effect ."

I like the idea of it. I think there is more potential there than we’ve untapped during the PTR. But those drop rates have to be adjusted just right to reach that potential.

3 Likes

I’d hate to break the bad news to your terrible attitude. But the developers are doing what the developers are paid to do. They have a vision for Diablo 3, they created Diablo 3, they are the ones developing the game that many around the world play. They are doing their jobs, otherwise they would be replaced. They don’t need to listen to us, 99% of the time players don’t grasp the concept of change and balance in video games and the complications that come with it. What seems like a simple change for 99% of the community, is a nightmare when it comes to the game. It’s not just indirect effects (WOL from Inna set changes) but it’s also how it effects the game on every platform it runs on. There’s QA changes that have to be made and tested on every platform and they need to keep their game running fluid.

They read all the feedback, on the forums, and other social media platforms, and they make changes that make sense. They can’t stray from the current model as drastically as everyone on PTR forums want or it blows the game way outside of the current model. The change would be too drastic.

Since everyone wants to go about quotes, here’s a quote that most developing studios thrive on; “Keep it simple, stupid” The simpler things are, the more diverse the dynamic is for the player base. D3 isn’t about end game, it’s about the whole game. That includes new players, casual players and old players. If they can’t keep things appealing to new players, the game will die off, because the old ones just lose interest too quickly.

I’ve been playing this game since day 1, I’m probably less than casual in terms of grinding because of life, but I’ve played this game every season and always come back to it because it’s fun to play the game. I’ve never played in a GR above 120, and I don’t feel the need to either as I didn’t purchase D3 to prove my gameplay to anyone. I bought the game because I love the series and just playing the game. There are tons of builds in this game that keep it alive and well.

It’s not always about the meta, it’s about having fun and playing it how you want to play it. Think outside the box and play the builds you complain about but love. It doesn’t need to do a 130+ GR for it to be entertaining.

Don’t be the cookie cutter, make the cookie cutter

4 Likes

I do agree that it isn’t “always about the meta”…But that’s what the players in some/most cases has turned the game into, in Blizzards current undeveloped interaction of the game. For many, S23 for example, GR120-130 speeds, or rat runs, or 130-150 meta push builds are the mindset of the players, especially if you’re looking for groups in the GRift channels. And the builds that follow along with it are very limited.

Not all builds are fun, and not everyone enjoys trying to play builds that aren’t competitive on the leaderboards or builds they can’t get into groups with. Witch Doctors, Monks, DPS Demon Hunters anyone?

OH MY GOD!!! what we all going to do without you??

3 Likes

It’s not a new team making the same mistakes. Nor is it them not listening…

They’re clearly making their own new path and just because a dev group doesn’t do what YOU wanted doesn’t mean they aren’t listening or taking feedback.

D3 is getting old, bot everything is a quick fix. Even basic QOL. Plus I seem to recall a few attempts by devs to balance or create QOL changes that had some game breaking consequences in the past.

Just not buying what you’re selling friend.

1 Like

No they didn’t. Everyone who was part of the original D3 team has either left Blizzard or been moved to other game teams or have been fired. The “team” managing D3 now is a skeleton crew of like 1-3 people, equally clueless as the originals.

And if this is what you call vision, I believe this is the reason glasses & laser surgery were invented.

1 Like

@Adda
@WittyGem
@Phate

You are all say the truth XD

I personally, would also see old thinks in d3 getting reworked. also i like the concept of thesse ps3 d3 modders.
but with very sensual balanced changes of cause
So:
“NO” 1.000.000.000 % Physical skill buff on a ring and neither the Hardcore Second chance death from Amulet “Ancestors’ Grace”
ON
an invulnerable ring again .
:grin:

all these to OP affixes was destroying the non-season on PLAYstation, nearly to zero. everyone on Ps want have at least once that gear. and after it the game is very much dead again for big group of players. only those how enjoy the game has a piece of art or just want make him/her-self memes of it, are still interesset, like me.
:sweat_smile:

Well, again… Thorn based builds don’t benefits nothing from Ethereals, and yet have no other option than using Norvald’s set.

Etherials mandated that you have a bunch of character shots open and that you would be willing to keep building new characters to get them. I have all my builds set and I wasn’t interested in erasing them so I could get a bunch of transmogs that I already have in Diablo II.

I liked this season (Season 24) a lot. I haven’t seen much downside.

Concerning some of the complaints:
o “Ethereals are only weapons, and only spawn with weapon/offhand powers.”

I don’t see why this is inherently a problem.

o “they disappear after season ends”

Well, they are season buffs. All season buffs end after the season ends. If you’re saying you don’t like seasonal buffs, OK… but a lot of people like seasons, including me.

o “they don’t unlock any transmogs UNLESS you find all 21 ethereals in the game”

I didn’t play this season for the transmorgs, so this is not a problem for me. I do agree that getting the transmorgs is quite challenging, and I wasn’t up to that myself. I give props to the folks who accepted the challenge even if I didn’t.

o "they don’t include set weapon bonuses like the “Slanderer/Little Rogue” or “Flail of the Charge”

This is a legit complaint, ethereals don’t work with two- or three-piece sets that use a weapon. I still think that the benefit to the game from having ethereals outweighs the loss of not using certain sets.

o “most of them don’t even look like their item icons. And others like Khalim’s Will are copy/pastes of existing D3 items”

I find this to be a trivial complaint. The art for the weapons is not a big deal, and if one doesn’t like it, a transport can be used.

o Ethereals “mostly benefit the Necromancer”

I used them with my Witch Doctor and enjoyed it a lot.

o “Ethereals make a tedious season journey even more tedious, making a lot of players either quit the season early or skip it completely”

I can only speak for myself, but I liked the Ethereals and this season. It is more of a hassle to get these pieces, but their drop rate was OK enough that you would get them with moderate playing time, I believe.

There have been other season buffs involving changes in gameplay that were more tedious than this. I liked this item-based buff.

Please, do not necro a threat. Especially on the PTR forums when it is about the PREVIOUS PTR and not the current one.

3 Likes