TheUltimateEggman did nothing wrong!

Maybe I shouldn’t say they fixed it, but they tried. It still means that it’s not something Blizzard wanted. They knew about it, and tried to correct this. The streamer found another way around it. He knew what he was doing was exploiting.

3 Likes

For example, I did not know they tried to fix it. Never saw anything about them trying to fix it. Do you have any source for your claim? If it was in patch notes I did not see it.

If they did not want it to be a thing it should not be in the game.

They tried to fix Bazooka. I know that. But it is still usable. Does that mean they need to ban everyone who is using Bazooka because they tried to fix it but failed to do so.

He’s getting credit as a solo when it clearly was not something one person can do alone.

1 Like

Wait hold up. Someone found a way to use a powercreepy season theme in a way that could be exploitive and this seems like a surprise to people that someone would do this to hit top ranks in diablo 3?

Does no one remember the necro exploits? Is something like this slipping through the cracks really a surprise at this point?

You have been sleeping last x amount of years?

This is nothing new. Someone can do what ever he wants in cow lvl or where ever he is while someone else is in greater rift.

But setting up the game so that the other person can achieve this is not SOLO under any circumstances. He couldn’t do it without help therefor he shouldn’t get credit for it period.

1 Like

It is not even slipping through the cracks. No one tried to hide this game mechanic and there where multiple reports about it during PTR.

That is ok logic. But tell that to Blizzard like many people did before patch hit live servers.

I mean… I know about it for over a month now… I think Blizzard should know also… Or they are doing bad job if they don’t know.

1 Like

No need to ban. Just remove him from the ladder.

3 Likes

I honestly believe that cheating his way to the top was not his intention, but drawing attention to exploit that from what players say has been reported but not acted on. Ban would be a slap on the face of d3 community as a whole.
If his intention was to cheat I’m pretty sure he would use standard build and just went a few levels higher then top score.

1 Like

Again, they tried to fix the original exploit. Everyone tested this out when the season started to make sure, and we all thought it was done for good. They made the stacks fall off when you enter the Greater Rift, but he found another way to get the stacks.

Sorry but this is not the same at all. Bazooka has been played since Season 16 and was never considered an exploit. Blizzard never had an issue with the build itself, but rather people abusing macros.

It was acted on.

Do you have any other source? Documented?

Undocumented change?

It wasn’t in the patch notes. The source is the current season.

knowingly used a exploit to gain an unfair advantage and then continued to use exploit to get rankings on other classes. easy ban in my eyes, guess we will all have to wait and see what actions blizz do

1 Like

So you say everyone tried to exploit but only 1 succeeded?

Don’t edit posts. Please answer this.

Did you test it also? Why?

Maybe he tested it better than you did?

well… he’s using mechanics that’s available in the game. But clearly this is not how it’s intended to be played. This exploit should be patched and his record should be removed for sure.

3 Likes

As expected there are no answers from LexyuTV.

He keeps editing his older posts, made before I asked questions.

I recall a blue post on this. I am just having trouble tracking it down so I could be wrong.

I’m not familiar with any of the facts here, but let’s say a streamer found an exploit and then streamed exploitation of it.

It’s one thing to utilize an exploit to understand the workings of it for the sake of reproducibility. It is an entirely different situation to stream doing so thereby showing many others how to do the same.

If you come across a glitch, and discover how to reproduce it, you do so in private, then report it to the appropriate people to have it addressed. It’s like keeping private matters private as opposed to public. You don’t go to heavily populated places in public while contagious for a reason. Anyhow, you don’t continually use a means as a way to have an unfair advantage over everyone else.

I will never be sympathetic or forgiving to cheating. I have never condoned it and never will. It is not up to me to decide whether or not something is deemed cheating.

1 Like

If I came across something like this, reporting to the developer is the last thing I would do