There they goooooo... LOL half the leaderboards are missing now!

Sadly there is no real hardwork, remember they are botting…

You all despise botters, but the current state of the game is so terrible that botting is more interesting than playing.
Every season, you finish a stuff, even a LOD full ancient in 2 days…
You are happy to farm GR 150 for Three month without thinking because your stuff don’t even matter, just the allmighty paragon level and this joke of caldessans,GG. The gamedesign is terrible.

It’s still cheating ofc, but it’s clever than just spamming brainlessly GR for 3 month imo.

Cap the parangon, and the game will be way healthier!

So i am not saying they do this but ive often wondered if blizzard releases the cheat tools themselves in order to discourage actually software engineers to develop them that way they can automatically know which accounts are cheating and sorta stops others for looking at things they dont want them to see. Granted i know its counter productive but its done this way in other fields of research.

Maybe I’m missing something, but that statement just doesn’t make any sense to me. How can activating a script (or whatever you do) that plays the game for you when you’re not even sitting at your computer be “interesting”?     (Rhetorical question).

And if you believe the game is so terrible… then, don’t play it. Why do you care if other players are spamming Rifts, Grifts and Bounties? (One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor).

So, running a script that automates “spamming brainlessly GR for 3 month” is clever?     Oooo-kay.

I agree that D3 needs a lot of improvement. But, what it really needs, it’s not going to get. It’s too late in the game. (No pun intended).

The game started out heading in the wrong direction. It took nearly a year to realize that it needed to do a complete turn-around. It should have been torn down to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. But, that would have been too much work and cost too much money. So, we ended up with what we have now. And considering what it was in the beginning, it’s much better. Maybe not what we would like, but better than it was.

The preceding is my personal opinion and may not reflect the opinion of others.

3 Likes

I would leave this like that :smiley:

Never understood how anyone cares about leaderboards at all.

There are a very few legitimate players like myself that were able to maintain front page leaderboard status all season long even with the cheaters running wild.
I was starting to lose faith until the bans went out this morning.
A great day for the D3 community!

1 Like

You should accept that reality. I have played some ARPG mobile games (it is play to win) that has leaderboard about your character DPS, and many of them (including my real life friends and colleagues) willing to blew a lot of money to get into the leaderboard spot.

It’s called a competitive spirit.

1 Like

Kind of silly keeping legit players in the leaderboard when party members have been banned. The legit zbarb could not have accomplished it without his banned damage dealers.

I’m not saying “ban them all”, but remove all clears from the board where one member got banned.

9 Likes

It’s a good way to increase sales on a more or less dead game. Otherwise, it wouldn’t sell much… and to anyone that says they should do it at the end because they need to be ‘sure’ they are cheaters… I say ban them, let them appeal, if they can prove they aren’t let them have their accounts back. Or something LIKE this… weekly banning would surely end the practice altogether. But you do it on the LAST DAY of the season… WHAT DOES IT MATTER? They were on top basically the ENTIRE SEASON. I’m sorry, there isn’t any excuse for why blizzard should allow this.

1 Like

Why not flip the narrative and make a special bot league that would reward bot programmers for their cleverness and take the pressure off of the classic leaderboards? If there is a place for bots (and bot-assisted humans) to shine, then they would stay away from the regular leaderboards.

1 Like

My Point was just, in my opinion, the endgame of diablo 3 is totally out of hand because of the parangons. Your stuff don’t even matter, even if you have poorly rolled item, just farm 500 more parangon lvl and it’s doesn’t matter.
Diablo 3 is an Hack&Slash, the purpose of the farm is normally to get better items, not here.
This farm make me stop each time i reach my goal in a season around 105/110 Gr level, because it’s where you get with upgrading your stuff, gems, etc…
The endless farm after that, no thanks. I like playing this short amount of time and have lot of fun, after not at all. If you enjoy doing that for 3 month, good for you, i don’t, that’s why i think botting is the players answer to this design.
But we are arguing over a (semi)dead game like you said, i had plenty of good times on D3, and that is the goal of a video game!
Just a last point, D3 vanilla with the Auction house was still more fun than the no trade policy of ROS, and for me, the best part of D3 was the beggining of ROS, before the GR nonsense/Powercreep.

1 Like

The more often you ban the easier it is for the public to narrow down exactly what got them caught.

Larger ban waves do 2 things I can think of. It hides from the public what the source is for cheat detection and it catches as many people cheaters with the same bait as possible.

1 Like

What makes no sense to me is why anyone gets a robot to play a game for them that they either like or do not like. If you like the game logic says you’d want play it yourself and if you do not like it, why bother playing it at all? What makes even less sense is the masochistic nature of going through the exact same thing time and time again when they get banned. The ‘It is boring’ does not cut it and completely illogical.

That’s almost like getting a robot to have sex with your wife instead of yourself. :joy:

4 Likes

They did stop for like a year or two with banning cheaters until they became so brash they were openly doing it on streams and youtube videos and people started going ape over it and demanding action.

Why does it take a colossal trainwreck of an event like that or the Diablo Immortal presentation to get this company off its “apparently triggering meanie word” and do something?

1 Like

Some people like pushing greater rifts but don’t like farming keys.
Some people like min maxing their character’s gear but don’t like or even cannot invest the time to get the best gear.
I am not condoning botters but I can definitely understand why they do it.
And why do they do it every season ? Simply because 20$ to play the game for 3 months is not remotely expensive, and they do have fun playing when they are playing.

Lastly, some people really enjoy making their bot ad efficient as possible. The most widely used one lets you customize scripts, and some “players” enjoy making bounty scripts that take the least amount of time per game, some enjoy seeing the biggest xp numbers per night, etc.
As long as they don’t stay on the LB at the end if the season, I’m fine with it tbh.

4 Likes

No one is ever happy.

I have seen a couple of your videos - all manual and worthy of respect as a player. As I suggested the bot defeats that purpose. As much as I understand your point they are not actually enjoying the game, they are enjoying the scripting.

EDIT: And as for them placing on the leaderboards, they actually are not on the leaderboards at all, their robot is.

1 Like

Sometimes I took long breaks from D3, to play Battlefield and CoD.
Did you guys know, that so many playerS in those games use software cheat aswell.
Cheating in online is becoming the norm and cheaters makes cheaters.
All for one thing: Become no. #1

I don’t play FPS anymore, because its not fun to loose to aimbot and wallhacking.
Having played for many years and you know exactly when cheat is on.

I now only play singleplayer games and D3.
D3 because i play against an engine not a bot, as I only play solo.

2 Likes

aimbots, wallhacks, etc. evolve and developers are getting better. they ultimately earn good money with it. and there are many with high intellect. over time it gets sloppy.
that’s why i prefer pvE. artificial intelligence is also getting better. in 3d shooter it was always just reaction training anyway. team play was rarely good. (at least in public). the best team game used to be rtcw or wolfenstein: et. back then there were rarely aimbots and they were easy to spot.

i also like solo. i just play normal rifts anyway.
and in publics, many run apart and hardly communicate.
d3 is also boring junk with zero content. if there is good news on youtube, maybe I can do it to myself. but otherwise pff … there are far better alternatives. … and plenty! :wink: