"There can only be one" achievement bug?

Hey there, I’ve been trying to get challenges act 4 to 100% completion, and I encountered that the last achievement “There can only be one” which asks to slay 5 clones of yourself in a Diablos fight is bugged.
I’ve tried with no pets/followers, no gear on, no curses, I just don’t get any credit for killing clones.
Can someone else confirm this? Am I doing something wrong?

The achievement requires you to be at least on Master difficulty, so that would be the first thing you’ll need to verify. I gained the achievement awhile back, so I don’t know if there are/were any changes that may have caused this to not function.

Tried on torment 12-13, also tried in both adventure and campaign, doesn’t work.

That’s odd.

The Achievement is cumulative. That is to say: You don’t have to kill all 5 Clones in one Diablo Boss session. You can kill 1 Clone per Diablo encounter, 5 times. Or 2 Clones in one encounter and 3 Clones in another encounter. You can even kill some Clones in one session, quit the game and come back another day to kill the rest.

I don’t believe Pets are an issue. And I got my Achievement on all 3 Regions: Americas, Europe and Asia. I always had a Follower and at least 1 Pet (not counting my Cosmetic Pet).

I did Americas Region a long time ago, in Campaign Mode. But, I did Europe and Asia Regions in Adventure Mode during a Season. (And I wasn’t even trying for the Achievement). I didn’t get them in one Diablo encounter. I was doing Bounties and just happened to get the Diablo Bounty a few times. (In one Region, this was during one game session. In the other Region, it was a couple of game sessions over a couple of days).

Tip: It would help Blizzard’s QA Team to determine if this is a game bug if you could video record your Diablo encounter until you kill 5 Clones. Pull up your Achievements Window to show you still have not completed There Can Be Only One.

3 Likes

I checked, and I have the achievement across all 3 of my accounts across all 3 servers, so I can not test it. It worked for me 9 times without any problems, though.

If it still gives you any trouble, try recording a video showing your gear, and then you killing a clone and the counter not increasing.

2 Likes

I just did this not too long ago. It wasn’t easy but I don’t believe it’s bugged.

Apparently my trust level isn’t high enough and I cant post links, any suggestions on how or where can I upload the video to get it to you guys?

You can’t upload it from your computer. But, if you first upload your video to YouTube, even at your Trust Level, I believe you can embed the video in this thread.

If not, then:

How to Post Links

1. Upload your image or video to a free hosting website, like Imgur or YouTube.

2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image and/or video in your post.

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar.

1. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://youtu.be/FA-7dPfnWac

1 Like

Not bugged. Was able to complete the achievement with my alternate account.

4 Likes

Thanks!

• Adventure Mode.
  • Master Difficulty.
  • Bounty: Kill Diablo.
  • Lots of Pets.
  • Follower.
  • Started with 3 Clones down from a previous session.

Thanks a lot for confirming, I will keep trying, there must be something that’s preventing me from getting the kill.

Looking at my video again, it seems that, even though I’m using pets, it looks like I’m the one that’s landing the killing blow against my shadow clones. If your build is entirely pet-based, maybe try a different build so that you are doing the killing. That might make a difference.

4 Likes