"There are many theories to what these pages do but we haven't found anyone in the community that has discovered the true secret of the ledger yet."Blizzard Quote

Confirmation from Blizzard itself, on May 15 2014 that no one had solved Black Rock Ledger. “There are many theories to what these pages do but we haven’t found anyone in the community that has discovered the true secret of the ledger yet.” Escapist Magazine
I think Blizzard copied J.J. Abrams infamous Wired Magazine Puzzle idea. A massive puzzle comprised of multiple parts.
Does anyone still care?

2 Likes

For more information on the Black Rock Ledger:
https://www.diablowiki.net/Black_Rock_Ledger

1 Like

This is one of the few easter eggs Blizzard added into the game as a nod to the Lost TV show. There are numerous references to pop culture in the form of the flavour text of some legendary equipment too.

Bonus: farm for a duplicate set of these pages and have the duplicates cubed in Kanai for a different set of easter eggs :wink:

1 Like

:thinking:

Maybe a show that most of the crew watched? Perhaps a voted topic/throw in easter egg?

1 Like

A big thank you to the users that took a minute to reply. Yes i know that the Black Rock Ledger contains Easter Eggs. Since no one mentioned the Wired puzzle let me explain.
J.J. Aabrams guest edited an issue of Wired Magazine, May 2009. Throughout the issue there were many puzzles that had to be solved individually and then combined. When combined you got a URL, password and a phrase to enter. The prize? Nothing other than bragging rights. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a pile of Primal Augmented gear awaiting the solution of this puzzle. Still it bugs me that none of the brilliant people that play have managed to figure this thing out. I wish i could post the puzzle solution here so that folks would understand exactly what I am talking about.
Im updating this today 01/06/2022 because the Darkening of Tristram event.
It’s the only time that you can get Wirts leg, which i think is integral to solving this thing
In a perfect world the solution would be,
WWW Blizzard com/TheBlackRock, User ID BillRoper, Phrase… Made you look.
Seriously though guys there is more here than simply Easter Eggs!!!

The necromancer has arrived and has resurrected his own dead thread. :dizzy:

4 Likes

Pretty sure no one cares.

1 Like

Cool. I have all 6 pages that I have collected over the years in my non-season stash. When you find the answer to the puzzle, give us a holler.

Here are some hints:
It came out with Vanilla, so doubt cube or the Tristram event have anything to do with it.
If the reward is a gear reward, it will be some crap items from Vanilla, since I doubt they have put any resources into updating it.
It refers to Lost, so find the polar bear in the bunker under the ground with the doomsday counter.
Unless Blizz announces it is still unfound, and the prize for solving it is a $1,000,000, I doubt anyone is going to put any effort into this, so you are on your own.

Is it still in the game since RoS came out? Because I don’t remember seeing the wreck whit the miner ever since.

I seem to recall being able to convert those pages into a different set of pages.
Green Hills?

I run into it on occasion doing bounties. It is a semi-rare spawn, kinda like cursed peat.

1 Like