The Typhon’s Veil needs some love

Players have to always pay attention to the release of Blizzards. It’s not easy. Please increase the reward of Winter Flurry from 125~150% to 225~300%, which is about 3 tiers buff.There is no doubt that the The Typhon’s Veil is the worst motility set now.Request Blizzard to add the cooldown reduction of Teleport bounus to The Typhon’s Veil set.Thx.
Please let me evaluate the level of Typhon’veil in all the Wizzard Build:
Damage:B Tier.(Tal Rasha S Tier)
Toughness:C Tier.(Fire Bird S tier)
Motility:D Tier.(Fire Bird S tier)
Comclusion:Typhon’s Veil need some love urgently.
Updated by 11/11/2022: I think Tyhone’s Veil should have a fast moving speed like a snake, and this movement speed buff should be added to the 4 P bounus.

No comment on Winter Flurry… ugh. I hate that abomination of a source. I’d rather they raise the damage on Fragment twofold. The issue isn’t (and was never) on the source but it’s still Deathwish being stronger than Fragment.

Typhon’s is currently the set with the worst mobility by a good margin. Anyhow, I have mixed feelings to do the obvious and slap some Teleport mechanic onto it. I remember my old suggestion regarding Typhons, Mirror Images and Signature Skills, that I posted here:

some time ago.

TLDR:
I would suggest to make Typhon’s Veil our pet set, with Hydra and Mirror Image at it’s core, plus signature skills, and have better mobility through increased movement speed.

I wouldn’t reject a Teleport mechanic completely, though… but my thought on that is like “if every set uses that skill, it will be a mandatory evil”. So a little diversity in that regard would be nice for a change.

3 Likes

Dark Mage’s Shade:

• Diamond Skin lasts until it absorbs all damage and gains the effects of the Sleek Shell and Diamond Shards runes.

Different kind of wizard mobility, other than Teleport.

3 Likes

For Typhon’s Veil mobility I would suggest:

Typhon’s Veil 6 piece bonus:

• For 10 seconds after summoning a Hydra, reduce teleport cooldown by 10% for each Hydra head alive. This effect doesn’t diminish even when a Hydra head dies. Hydras deal 2000% more damage for each Hydra head alive.

You said teleport for mobility. Drink.

1 Like

Truth be told, I’d prefer teleport over any other kind of mobility (at least for wizard). That said, I’ll drink some coffee later.

1 Like

The challenge was to design a mobility skill/item that wasn’t teleport. Try your hand at it! Maybe you have a better idea than I came up with!

That’s not a bad idea. Let me add a little something, though:

Dark Mage’s Shade:
Diamond Skin lasts until it absorbs all damage and gains the effects of the Sleek Shell and Diamond Shards runes. Instead of doubling the duration, Enduring Skin now halves the cooldown time

Your solution completely invalidates Enduring Skin. With my little addon it becomes meaningful again and you can then chose a rune next to Dark Mage’s Shade to either double the absorbtion, reduce Arcane Power costs or halve the cooldown.

Another idea to do it the Wizard way could be Storm Armor and the perfect item for this will be Storm Crow, a completely useless wizard hat.

Storm Crow:
Storm Armor gains the effect if every rune and now also charges over 30 20-30 seconds. Casting Storm Armor at full charge releases a powerful thunderbolt, instantly killing a random enemy within 30 50 yards. Bosses and Elites are not killed but take significant damage. Scramble also triggers when Storm Armor hits an enemy.

This would also incorporate the S27 sanctified power.

2 Likes

d’oh, I meant to add in that illusionist included Diamond Skin instead of Mirror Image. They may as well delete Mirror Image from the game. The idea was to keep the wizard permanently shielded and speed boosted.

I mean, OP was simply talking about incorporating teleport into Typhon’s Veil. But if I must then:

Ring:

• Energy Armor gains the effects of Pinpoint Barrier and Energy Tap runes. While Energy Armor is active, gain damage reduction equal to 65-80% of your critical hit chance. Gain increased movement speed equal to 20% of your maximum arcane power.

This is a lovely item. I’d love it if they would slap this on a pair of Wizard shoulders. As I recall, Wizards don’t have a class legendary piece of shoulders!

1 Like

Yeah shoulders probably would be better, especially for LoD/LoN builds.

I like your idea,but I think it should be added to Typhon’s Veil 4P bounus rather than Dark Mage’s Shade.
My idea is:‘When you kill a elite, your teleport becomes 0 cooldown reduction, lasting for 10 seconds’,plz add it to the Typhon’s veil 4p bounus,I think Typhon’s Veil damage and toughness all low,maybe it suitable for fast clear.

1 Like

Ya know the speed increase should be added on the 4-piece but I would love if they navigated away from just slapping Teleport on every set.

Incorporate Diamond Armor as the damage mitigation for the set and double the effects of Sleek Shell and Enduring Shell for movement speed and duration. Heck, if they could link the mitigation and duration of Diamond Armor to the amount of Hydra heads that would be great synergy.

Added note: Since they already went this route with the garbage Winter Flurry source, they should toss in Blizzard to the set for skills that gain bonus damage. They should also think about having just this set make Frost Nova do actual boosted damage as well.

I like the idea about Diamond Skin-Sleek Shell Rune.
Other point is Magic Missile need buff,Wizzard needs a fast clear build,Magic Missile is suitable.

I have to agree to the part of mobility being baked into the set in this case. I would actually support changing Dark Mage’s Shade as Venaliter suggested, but that would be more of a thing for LoN/LoD. Typhon’s couldn’t really use it. Reason being is pretty simple:

Dark Mage’s Shade is a hat
The Magistrate is a hat
Typhon’s Veil is a six piece set.

Normally you’d wear the set pieces and have Magistrate cubed. So, where to put Dark Mages Shade now? Unless you use RoRG there is no way to squeeze it in and that’s not really a good solution - for Typhon’s, that is.

If we talk about mobility outside Typhon’s set bonus effects, then it would look a bit different if either:

• Typhon’s had a seventh item, like a belt, amulet or bracer.
• one of the 3-piece sets had some mobility baked in.
• Blackthorne’s would provide mobility on the 2-piece bonus.
• Krelm’s get’s a better set bonus (VIT, MAINSTAT and “movement” is unhindered)
• Focus/Restraint would provide it

Something along that.

1 Like