The trading/BoA topic

We were discussing about this a while ago and the thread got deleted (no idea why, couldn’t read It entirely, so I suppose there was some flaming).

Given that’s a topic Blizzard has asked feedback about, lets talk. Civil, please.

So that’s the starting point: with trading there’s an issue of real money trading websites and old players giving gifts to new ones, breaking part of the purpose of the game. On the other side, there’s a part of the community who still wants trading despite of these issues because of giving items value, social, etc.

Here’s the ball, now play.

Disclaimer: please don’t make accusations and try to be civil unless you want the topic to be deleted again.

1 Like

Because the OP was trolling and created the thread specifically to troll. That’s why it was removed.

Trading is not needed. I understand the desire to do so. Traders and non traders should have seperate leaderboards and droprates. Low for traders, higher but not ridiculous for non traders. You create a character and pick a mode. That sets your drop rate and ability to access trade channels and options/systems. Characters can never switch modes.

12 Likes

Yes, Indeed…

The topic was removed.

I like this one.

1 Like

I clicked on it this morning and skimmed through it, a lot of flaming. If it was deleted, I guess that is the reason.

Indeed.

Trading hurts the game. Makes it too easy to get gear. Removing the fun of finding items by killing monsters.

Keep trading out of Diablo 4. If that is not possible, then at least give us 2 modes, where we can freely choose to avoid trading.
With different droprates, so the mere existence of trading isn’t negatively affecting players gameplay experience.

3 Likes

With individual player loot, you don’t even need to seperate player pools other than hardcore and non hardcore. That way, everyone can play and group together and not have to worry about crappy trading droprates.

1 Like

In theory I agree.
But unless the balance is perfect, it might create weird incentives.

Like, if trading/no-trading is balanced for similar overall progression, probably early game will be easier with trading (since mid-tier items will be essentially free when trading exists), while end-game gearing might be easier without trading (if ignoring RMT of course). While combined the difficulty will be the same.

You could end up in a situation where competitive people MUST get carried/supported by traders in the early game, and then switch to getting carried/supported by non-traders in late game (no matter if they themselves are trading or not).
Separating the two modes just makes sure that no unintended balance differences affects the game experience in a bad way.

At least initially that would be best imo. Then later, if things seem to work out fine, maybe they could be merged into one mode.

If there is going to be absolutely no trading, then Blizz better damn well know their crap. I played D2 pretty religiously (8+ hrs on days off, 4+ hours on work days) for almost a dozen years. I knew where to farm and when to cut my losses and make a new game. All that being said, I only ever obtained 3 high runes legit through solo only means. A vex dropped in chaos on hell, and I cubed up two ists via countess runs. Without trading, I wouldn’t have been able to make a majority of the end game items. SOJs? I knew where to get those too. Found exactly 5 of them. Only ever found one Anni charm. Despite farming keys and paying people to help me do Uber trist (I didn’t have a smiter) I had to trade to get a druid hellfire. Bad luck happens in RNGesus world.

The point is that if you make things so god awful rare that a dozen years of dedicated farming yields almost no results, then you’d better damn well have trading to back it up. Without trading, I would have quit D2 after a year or two. Tops.

Now that being said, I agree that trading in D4 is a pretty awful idea. There are much better ways around bad RNGesus. You could have a bona fide crafting system that allows you to make some end game stuff. Gambling, (old school like gheed, not kadala) better NPC shops, a trade-in system that let you exchange legendaries you don’t want for a better chance at getting legendaries that help. etc etc etc

The point is that with proper game design and itemization you can have the item hunt be both rare and rewarding, and also make it so things are upgrading at a pace that isn’t aneurysm inducing.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your pack of disrepects and lack of intention to dialog.

So do you pretend with your plain English explanations to teach me what I enjoy more?

1 Like

My troll topic about trade was removed because too much simple truth was told there by me or maby just because of that i named trading community the trading rabble. Sorry but smarter people than me think that you need to feel true worth of items to really like them. I saw official info from one of upcoming games developer with related statement.

If you consider yourself to be in that “part of the community” you mentioned, that’s your prerogative. And since you asked, here it is again:

:zap: “Trading does not belong in games like Diablo because it goes completely against the main goal of the game: get loot by killing monsters. Trading short-circuits the natural progression of gameplay and reduces replayability + overall time played.” :zap:

Flag it with your multiple accounts all you want, it won’t make it any less true.

1 Like

There was no truth in the drivel you wrote, it contained only your opinion.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d4-should-have-no-trading-whatsoever/21920

:point_up_2: :point_up: :point_up_2: :point_up: :+1:

Okay. All other online games where trade is allowed are total disaster, no one plays it cuz trade spoiled everything. Another drivel for you.

We don’t give a toss what other games do, we only care about Diablo.

And by “we” I mean 100% legit players who play the game because they love it, not because they can’t get a real job.

And we’ve seen exactly what happens to Diablo when it has free trade. D2 is a cesspool of spam, hacked items and bots urgently trying to fuel the d2jsp train. And D3 was a cesspool of spam and inferior drops, forcing you to go through the AH to gear yourself. D3 console is worse.

Lets recap:

1. Disrespectful “you’re not smart enough comment”.
  2. Accusation of real money trading.
  3. Authoritary /thread like if he were the only owner of the truth.

Oh, surprise," the post was flagged by the community".

1. Accusation of multi-account flagging.

Bonus: desperate “I quote myself”

2 Likes

Dude, I agree with your view of trading, but starting a topic about that consisting into an one-liner without reasons backing it and calling to the ones who disagree in the thread title looks more like a “missile to the enemy” than an intention to have a healthy debate.

Because there are no valid reasons backing it. That’s why every pro-trade thread so far has completely tanked and been overtaken by us naysayers. Because we actually know what we’re talking about, and we have the irrefutable facts to prove our case.

Otherwise, you would think someone smart enough + with a solid grasp on the english language would have provided at least one good irrefutable reason in favor of open trade by now :wink:

I can’t recall a moment in Diablo history where it’s as easy to get gear as right now, with no trading

1 Like

It was using a Credit Card at the Real Money Auction House.
You could gear up without killing a single enemy.
That’s why we don’t want trading back.

1 Like