The rings are bad, make them globes instead

I saw it mentioned/suggested elsewhere and came to do the same. The rings are bad - unless you want everyone to be a ranged this season. Make the powers drop spheres people can pick up for a buff. Please.

12 Likes

Barbs must be really excited: Testing out those “Solution-for-everything”-Bracers and the shear joy of these randomly spawning buff areas!

That we can’t get all buff zones all the time is obvious and absolutely ok.

Left border of the screen shiny circle! Right border of the screen shiny circle! WASDWASD----- that one! Charge/Dash/Ride into the zone and unleash the Krakeeeennn!!! … already despawned. Nevermind.
There’s a shiny circle, too! Fast get into aaaand…, well, actually there are no enemies here around.
OH! New shiny! Hop intoooo… nope, actually too far away. Oh, boy, there’s a shiny, too! But that shiny I don’t like…
There’s a new shiny!

Meanwhile in 4man the whole screen 24/7 looks like the Olympic symbols.

S18 is literally one whitewashed slap in the face - with attached LED-lights.

9 Likes

Loved the write up of solo play. +10 internet points. Actually laughed out loud.

3 Likes

I am planning on playing barb next season so I was on the ptr to test builds just so I didn’t waste time colecting gear in season only to find out I hate the play style. I wasn’t playing to test the theme, I thought it would be awesome. OMG 10 minutes in and I hate it. Not at all useful for a barb or any melee class. It they don’t change it to something like the globe idea or an aura its going to be a crappy season for melee and unfair in my opinion. The theme should be something everyone can take advantage off regardless of class or build type.

So, if they are globes, do they buff the entire party, or just the character that picks them up? It would be interesting to see what a 22 yard pickup radius barb does during a rat run after sucking down all the globes that would spawn.

1 Like

I agree 100%. I was trying to play a seasonal barb, and it was so frustrating running from circle to circle. They seem to fade so fast, I couldn’t tell if they were doing anything. Or what they actually do.

Maybe WW barb, always on the move, will be able to get some benefit. Otherwise, I guess I’ll play my DH or Wizard.

Oh and let’s not forget the fact that at higher levels, you have wonderful ground effects that you need to watch out for, while looking for rings and oh, they overlap.
insert “Well, I guess I’ll die.” meme

I like the idea, but not the execution. Globes are perfect. We’re trained to pick up globes, especially in rifts. Have them work like the nephilum globes. Only if you pick up multiple, you get a new buff, until you have all three. Picking up more after that will increase the duration a bit.

Still requires some movement, but you don’t have to stand there.

Also, does this buff nerf Hexing Pants builds but makes Traveler’s better?

Globes or rings. Both are pretty much useless. You can’t play your cdr- or rcr-based builds in hope for one of those buffs with less roll of reduction on gear. The only benefit is the damage buff which is similar to oculus and ya it will be the same fortune if it spawnes on a good spot. Cheers

Globes are still better than rings. And honestly there are three types of buffs, if you don’t like one don’t pick it up or go near it. I think its cool adding something new, and in my opinion just adding a damage buff is lazy and boring. I do however think the buff should only be applied to whoever picks it up not the whole party, like someone said it rat runs it might just be overkill.

1 Like