The No Lobbies, PC Controller, and Loot System Experience

It actually wouldn’t. The game already determines drop/mo drop chance based on players in vicinity of the monster kill/party status. Since the idea is total drops do not change in a personal loot versus FFA multiplayer game (and would not change significantly the item/trade economy), the only thing that would need to be changed is one extra RNG roll to assign the drop to a player in vicinity of the monster kill, the game already uses this information for calculating the drop/no drop chance) and have that dropped item be visible to that player only.

2 Likes

Agreed, people whinging need to stick to Diablo 3. This game is for proper die hard Diablo 2 veterans !!!

21 Likes

Dude just stop this is a remaster not a whole new remake of a game. You can’t change core game mechanics … again it’s a remaster stop whinging and demanding changes which are different to Diablo 2!

13 Likes

Yes but this is how u get leechers who just follow for loot and dont contribute, at least with normal loot u can stop killing things and watch the leecher leave the game. Do personal loot and theyll just wait far enough back for you to not notice them, or you to leave the game and they move on

6 Likes

It’s flawed yes but that’s how the game is and expected to be. You guys are too used (and spoiled) by Diablo 3.

6 Likes

I’m not. I advocate for two separate realms: strict remaster and modern realm. In the strict remaster realm nothing changes for those that prefer the status quo.

1 Like

Did you never play hungry hungry hippos as a kid? CLICK FASTER!!!:smiley:
FFA loot is not toxic, its competitive.
The rewarding feeling you get when you click that GG loot and see it in your inventory is not even comparable to if it was Ploot and you had all day to click it.
As others have said, you farm privately or with a team you trust to share.

8 Likes

D2/D2:Lod/D2R are a loot hunt games.

So you and others are saying that you should not play D2R public multiplayer due to the problems caused by the FFA loot system. It seems to me that a separate realm is in order. A strict remaster realm for those that prefer FFA loot and a second, separate realm with optional modern changes for those who want problems to be solved.

4 Likes

No Mr Diversity, I am saying learn to play the game better and click faster instead of whining and begging for a separate, participation trophy realm.
You can ask all you want, but Blizzard is not going to split up their player base and not promote teamwork.
D2R is getting plenty of modern changes, and I am sure more to come, but changing the loot system is highly, highly unlikely.

We already suggested a solution to what you are saying is a “problem” farm in private games or with friends…
(its not a problem btw)

9 Likes

they should add different types of loot system so everyone is happy, the host could choose betwen them

5 Likes

No, meatballs should adapt.

5 Likes

Lol cry more. This is why when the boss gets to 1% everyone stops DPS and crowds him haha. Get gud
Make your own games with friends you can trust. Trade the items that have value you don’t need. This is the d2 journey. Quit whining and play

8 Likes

a camel is a horse designed by committee, what you are avocating for is D3, the epitome of D3, which was a game in which they tried to make everyone happy and in the end nobody was.

If Blizzard starts doing things like this on launch, well then Diablo II Resurrected will very quickly become a camel.

9 Likes

Man. This may happen in like, 5 years, but there are glaring issues right now even trying to get this game to market. I was all for this “2 realm” idea a week ago, but they need to get the basics right first. We are a far, far way away from any idea of an extra realm.

1 Like

i’ll simply say what i said on a previous topic :

i started playing the diablo franchise since diablo 1 on pc (i still have both the diablo 1 and hellfire big box on my shelf) and i pretty much played diablo 2 for years especially with all my full mf sorceress in most ladders that happened since diablo 2 release, if it’s not enough to be called a “veteran” i don’t know what is (and i wouldn’t care less since i think it’s simply elitist e-peen term for youngster, my playtime is huge, i did about everything that can be done on diablo 2 : every builds etc… but it shouldn’t make my opinion matter more than others : one player for one player that’s all)

That being said , i personally would love to see some changes or a “second realm” with more things added to the game. (runes stacks , personal loot option at room creation but as an “option” of course not an obligation , ladder items available in non ladder making ladder mostly for new update trial at first before coming to non ladder and simply for ranking/speedrun sake) , among other things)

personal loot as an option at game creation would be fine , since you wouldn’t be forced to play in room with it and it wouldn’t affect the market as the same number of loot would …well loot in total

personally i would love it, for one simple reason : i would simply concentrate on the monsters and not on the floor like a scavenger between two spells.
almost all boss runs turns like this : people attack the boss and then when it goes below 50% they stop attacking the boss, and just spam the floor (or activate their pickit tool for some other) making me the only player continuing to attack the boss , and we were always 8 for christ sake and i was always the only one to continue attacking the boss , even in uber…
that did make me hate playing with random players as they felt to me like scavenger rather than teammate and instead in every ladder i mostly only played either solo or with friends.
which all in all , is sad and pretty toxic to me.

atleast in personal loot , sure i would still be the one killing most things probably, but atleast everyone would attack and not look at the monsters feet only.
is that epic ? to loot at monster’s feet and spam clicks or use program to grab loot from the floor while doing nothing ? is that fun ? no.
i would feel way less “alone” if people would also attack enemies aswell instead of simply being there just to be there, awaiting for a loot to drop and be too scared to attack because they are more concentrated on their feet than the demons in front of them , which is very ridiculous

8 Likes

You do not know my “clicking speed” or how good I am at the game. I posted my current ladder characters, level 90 and 80 are not too shabby considering I work full time, have a family, and play other video games.

I agree that Blizzard may never introduce personal loot in D2R. The fact is FFA loot does not promote teamwork overall. It is first come first served I got mine and who cares about you in most cases.

If you are playing with friends this does not apply but then clicking speed is not relevant since you will share items to be helpful. In that case, there is no difference in FFA loot and personal loot.

Your first suggestion to multiplayer FFA loot problem is to play solo. That solution is avoiding the problem. It would be like saying that area X has a high crime rate. The solution is not to go there. That does not address the fact that area X has high crime.

Your second solution is to play with friends. OK. So should we abolish public multiplayer?

Not asking for the loot system to be changed in the strict remaster realm. Also, you may think it is preposterous to consider personal loot as an option in D2R,; however, even Blizzard in their own D2R survey sought player feedback on whether players wanted personal loot to replace FFA loot at D2R launch. It is not preposterous to think that Blizzard has considered personal loot in D2R even if it was only considered weakly and temporarily.

100% agree… I really hope what I am seeing with the beta is not as close to the final product as it seems

1 Like

Me too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

it’s actually worse than the Alpha.
I see problems and glitch that weren’t in the Alpha. (and i don’t mean the online glitches)
items names being glitch and line 2 line long if damaged (atleast in french)
monster dying scream/noise sometime not happening.
Crashes (which might be linked to the said dying / scream sound)
My computer going crazy temperature wise (making me not play anymore just in case)

etc…

We’re in for quite the generational shock when people realize they don’t have the patience for diablo 2’s loot rng compared to borderlands/fortnite loot pinatas.

12 Likes