The new new set will be a beast

Yea, I apologize buddy. But I simply can’t agree to this. You’d cleared 1-2 grifts higher than me still. But I can’t comply that GoD6 is an elite hunter like Shadow Impale is implied to be. GoD6 just takes way too long to kill elites. It’s a trash killer, and try to drag elites along as best as possible when you spin up on them. When I’m sitting there trying to kill elites I lose so much progression.

Edit: Unless you’re talkin about it being an elite hunter doing speed runs, i dunno.

1 Like

No, I skip most trash. With the set up I was just talking about, I go straight for elites. When they swarm around me, area damage does the rest. But I’m also using FoT so as long as I’m keeping up with the timer before Pylons, then the Pylons will allow me to get way ahead. But again, I’m skipping most trash and using the pylons only on elites.

For me, it plays like a combination of Shadow and Whirlwind. I’m strafing all the time though and uses DiE’s “trick” of interweaving my own shots with Strafe’s to keep Momentum stacked. There’s almost no standing still. Unfortunately, I’m thinking I have to skip Speed Pylons, messes with my Hatred too much and sometimes I run out and that’s just all kinds of bad.

Just beat your Gr125 time btw. =) Lookin at your build on leaderboard. I see you’re using teaguk instead of stricken. But other than that I’m not seeing what allows you to kill elites in a reasonable time. Hungering Arrow-Devouring Arrow pierces allows you to kill trash super easy, even without areadmg. Also I’m literally just tapping strafe for the Damage Reduction from 4pc bonus , other than to move. I’m literally trying to take baby steps to drag elites and find trash. More trash / elites I have bunched all together the better…Then for me, even elites start to die fast as hell. Honestly, some elites die so fast I’m simply amazed and don’t even know the interaction that happens for them to die so fast…Feels buggy at times, in a positive way.

Edit: Scratch that. I’m not even using Focus / Restraint. I’m using Travelers Pledge + Compass Rose.

1 Like

It’s principally the same thing, really. When I find elites, there’s usually trash around them, unless it’s just a bad map like keep depths, in which case I pretty much skip the entire map, hoping for a better one on the next floor. Most maps are fine though, but Corvus and Keep Depths can mess me up.

I’m not fishing mind you, just skipping bad maps with the occasional stop in one of the larger areas if there happens to be an elite there with a reasonable amount of trash. But I’m not really dragging trash to the elites, I take them as I find them.

I also skip waller and most shielding elites trash or no trash.

So, instead of dragging like you do, I look for natural density, similar to how I played UE, but I’m a little more picky about the mobs because UE is decent against most mobs and waller gave it no problems.

Chain death is really annoying.

If you are in high GR and you die and try to stand up, you can’t use Strafe instantly and anything can one shot you, again and again and again.

2 Likes

WW Barb’s without Nerves of Steel also run into this problem a lot since Wrath of the Berserker is often still on cooldown when you die.

Edit: as a quality of life change, the developers should make characters invincible for 2 seconds and reset their cooldowns after resurrecting so as to let players reapply their buffs.

1 Like

Went ahead and beat 126, 127, and 128 on three consecutive keys. Yep, I’m really liking this new set up. lol

Oh and it’s official, GoD is at least 10GR stronger than UE Multi-shot.

3 Likes

Would totally break necromancer though. LotD > die > repeat. You could do it 5-6 times before the death timer made it not worth it.

They could implement a larger penalty for chain deaths then, if you die within 30 seconds of resurrecting you get an additional +5 second penalty. While this sounds harsh, with the cooldown reset and a 2 second window to reapply buffs, chain deaths would be mostly avoidable unless intentional like in your Necromancer example.

There are easier ways than changing the dynamics completely.

Make the buffs persist through death for example.

And then it gets nerfed LOL