The new new set will be a beast

Itā€™s there now. The run i posted was under 2 minutes, you asked for 2.5 minutes, which was also quicker than your 100ā€™s with WW/Rend. Most people ive talked to thatā€™s played both builds feel GoD6 is faster for speeds.

I quoted this, but this is just not something I heard from you only. Stutter step weaving is ā€œthe thingā€ to do with this set, however if you donā€™t frame perfect your shots at 2 per second, the primary fired from strafe wonā€™t fire along with it.

You lose out on quite a bit of damage if you mess up. If one is running oddessy you need to get your 6 HA to 1 ES ratio happening as consistently as possible after entangling a bunch of mobs (7 to 1 is ideal, but the room for error makes this almost not worth it). It is really hard to do that, but this is why my 135 clear was done at a much lower paragon than those around me and I still havenā€™t bothered to fish yet.

As far as the video, i played bad. I missed a progress orb, fiddled around on trash mobs just cuz, ran into dead ends and lost my squirts buff a few times. That should have been a sub 1 min 30 sec clear, but i was rushing to get a run recorded to show you what you asked for.

Now, wait. You said you wanted proof that I did what I said I did. And I even did one better by upping it to 105 instead of 100-102 you used in your ā€œWhirlRendā€ example to mitigate the extra paragon. Iā€™ve got over.

Now, tell me what you did in 105 with WhrilRend. Was it better than 4 minutes? If so, I did the same in a 110, which again is compensating for my extra paragon.

In other words, my argument that speed runs are a bad example of a sets power is all the more true.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply with this! Itā€™s not that I donā€™t trust you, I asked asked more to see where I can improve! I was wondering if I was missing a multiplier somewhere or a tactic! :slight_smile: Most of our skills and equipment seems pretty similar other than the amulet where I am using squirts vs FoT, which is an extra multiplier for me. I also have 3 non-ancients pieces, so less dex there.

The main difference seems to be the paragon level where you have 500 more ,or 5K more dex/damage. It looks like if I were to add 5K dex to my GoD6 that it would also be able to clear 100-105s in about the same time as my barb can (without anything extra), which implies that a 5000 point damage increase to the GoD6 set would put it more in line with the Wastes set, as far as speed runs go.

I have not tried using Thunderfury yet! I have been using fortress ballista for squirts.

Can you explain this? This is probably what I am missing.

OK.I am surprised that the speed varies when the target is stable. Can you confirm?

This is the theory that I got from other community.

4pc ICD = 9f
4pc checks 4 times on every strafe, at the moment when the strafe bullet hit the target.
If your strafe duration is 36f, and the target is stable, you should be able to proc 6.6/s constantly. However if the target move, every other shot fall under the ICD, you end up only shoot 3.3/s.

If your strafe is 32f, every other shot fall under the ICD,you can only proc once in every 16f.

Just made a video. Will be up soon in a new topic :slight_smile:

EDIT: Done.

Something Iā€™m unsure about is how much more damage does the set need?

I mean, the old parameter was 130-135 with paragon 5000. Well there arenā€™t many but there are some folks with the right amount of paragon and 135 or so seems to be where theyā€™re at. So at the point, it lines up with the parameters Blizzard set a few months back.

But then on the other hand, weā€™re still lagging behind other classes that far outstrip that old parameter. Running 140 or so (or at least thatā€™s what I can gather from posts, never really looked at the leaderboards other than to check my spot or those of my clanmates).

So are we talking another doubling of the damage? Or are the leaderboards in the PTR misleading because folks havenā€™t perfected the build as far as finding what combination works best?

Personally, Iā€™ve never been one to play a set in the most ā€œefficientā€ manner. But if weā€™re agreeing that the damage of the set needs to be upped again and it does get doubled, is it right that someone like me would be doing around about 130 with 3000 paragon and a sub-optimal build?

Just wondering.

I donā€™t really play other class. Itā€™s should be pretty rare for any class hit 140 at 5000 paragon. The difference is you donā€™t wanna compare non-season with season character. The season buff is something tough to beat.

I think this will be the best solo pushing build for Demon Hunter, or at least pretty close to the N6 rapid fire?

It is stronger than rapid fire, but not by much. GoD6 is also way more fun to play, so rapid fire is going to drop off a lot.

And this build leaves rapid fire to breathe smoke when it comes to bounty run and key farming

Could you point out the gear/skill you re using to speed 100 with this method ?

I see F/R, squirts, fortress balista to help with squirts. I m guessing gems be like BotT, Simplicity and taegukā€¦ wrasp of clarity for toughnessā€¦

What do you have in cube ?

And since you use balista/dawn, i believe you have the quiver cube, can you explain why not using echoing fury/Flavor of time ? is it a glassy playstyle preferecen or is the damage that much better for speeds ?

Thank s in advance for your tips on the subject :wink:

1 Like
https://www.d3planner.com/365966644

Youā€™ll have to copy/paste since the forum wonā€™t let me post the link. Did a quick job. GoD6 isnā€™t in the planner yet, so i subbed it for UE6. The legendary bonus updates arenā€™t in there either, but this should give you an idea.

Not using echoing and/or FoT is really just a matter of preference. Echoing fury would mean iā€™d have to stop and shoot to take advantage of the attack speed and I prefer not to do that. Flavor of Time is rift dependent, and I prefer consistency with squirts.

Shadow power gloom is to help the fortress shield and preparation is to help maintain shadow power permanently. I prefer strafe icy trail mainly cuz it looks cool, but also it helps with triggering cull the weak and bane of the trapped as iā€™m strafing through them, whatever doesnā€™t get caught with the original arrows and thrill of the hunt.

For these speed runs, convention of elements isnā€™t necessary, I just havenā€™t bothered with what else i could fiddle around with. I could have swapped that out for something like elusive ring for more toughness, Flavor of Time, ess of johan or royal ring and wear frostburns.

1 Like

Well, thank you sir ! I see now why echoing furry is kind of a bad idea if the goal is to strafe endlessly and keep your ressourses up.

Itā€™s also nice to see the setup you use to protect squirt s buff. :+1:

1 Like

TrvAix,

Beat a 125 a few seconds faster than you. Using something like DiEā€™s speed build for low Grifts.

However, using Taeguk and Numbing Traps with Icy Trail Strafe, allows me to principally face tank most everything. Even had Voracity in the Corvus map and was a stay in his poison clouds for long periods of time.

I like this new setup lots. lol

Anyway, thanks DiE for sharing your speed build, gave some ideas and now I can play the set almost the same as one would Whirlwind. Up close and personal like.

Cool Beans!

2 Likes

Yea, I apologize buddy. But I simply canā€™t agree to this. Youā€™d cleared 1-2 grifts higher than me still. But I canā€™t comply that GoD6 is an elite hunter like Shadow Impale is implied to be. GoD6 just takes way too long to kill elites. Itā€™s a trash killer, and try to drag elites along as best as possible when you spin up on them. When Iā€™m sitting there trying to kill elites I lose so much progression.

Edit: Unless youā€™re talkin about it being an elite hunter doing speed runs, i dunno.

1 Like

No, I skip most trash. With the set up I was just talking about, I go straight for elites. When they swarm around me, area damage does the rest. But Iā€™m also using FoT so as long as Iā€™m keeping up with the timer before Pylons, then the Pylons will allow me to get way ahead. But again, Iā€™m skipping most trash and using the pylons only on elites.

For me, it plays like a combination of Shadow and Whirlwind. Iā€™m strafing all the time though and uses DiEā€™s ā€œtrickā€ of interweaving my own shots with Strafeā€™s to keep Momentum stacked. Thereā€™s almost no standing still. Unfortunately, Iā€™m thinking I have to skip Speed Pylons, messes with my Hatred too much and sometimes I run out and thatā€™s just all kinds of bad.

Just beat your Gr125 time btw. =) Lookin at your build on leaderboard. I see youā€™re using teaguk instead of stricken. But other than that Iā€™m not seeing what allows you to kill elites in a reasonable time. Hungering Arrow-Devouring Arrow pierces allows you to kill trash super easy, even without areadmg. Also Iā€™m literally just tapping strafe for the Damage Reduction from 4pc bonus , other than to move. Iā€™m literally trying to take baby steps to drag elites and find trash. More trash / elites I have bunched all together the betterā€¦Then for me, even elites start to die fast as hell. Honestly, some elites die so fast Iā€™m simply amazed and donā€™t even know the interaction that happens for them to die so fastā€¦Feels buggy at times, in a positive way.

Edit: Scratch that. Iā€™m not even using Focus / Restraint. Iā€™m using Travelers Pledge + Compass Rose.

1 Like

Itā€™s principally the same thing, really. When I find elites, thereā€™s usually trash around them, unless itā€™s just a bad map like keep depths, in which case I pretty much skip the entire map, hoping for a better one on the next floor. Most maps are fine though, but Corvus and Keep Depths can mess me up.

Iā€™m not fishing mind you, just skipping bad maps with the occasional stop in one of the larger areas if there happens to be an elite there with a reasonable amount of trash. But Iā€™m not really dragging trash to the elites, I take them as I find them.

I also skip waller and most shielding elites trash or no trash.

So, instead of dragging like you do, I look for natural density, similar to how I played UE, but Iā€™m a little more picky about the mobs because UE is decent against most mobs and waller gave it no problems.

Chain death is really annoying.

If you are in high GR and you die and try to stand up, you canā€™t use Strafe instantly and anything can one shot you, again and again and again.

2 Likes

WW Barbā€™s without Nerves of Steel also run into this problem a lot since Wrath of the Berserker is often still on cooldown when you die.

Edit: as a quality of life change, the developers should make characters invincible for 2 seconds and reset their cooldowns after resurrecting so as to let players reapply their buffs.

1 Like