The Necro Nerf Goes Way Too Far!

I get why they nerfed the masquerade set. It was way more powerful than any other necro build and it forced serious necros into only using the build, and personally, I did not find it a fun build, to begin with. Honestly, I hated the masquerade build. That being said, there are builds in other classes that are stronger, and they have nerfed it into the ground. I have 2500 paragon, fully augmented gear, with several primals on my masquerade build and I could not clear 120. Now maybe I could with an ethereal weapon. However, I don’t play seasons. Now the necromancer has no S teir build available to them. Honestly, I think that’s crap. That will drive serious players not to play necromancer, despite having perhaps paid extra money to have the right to play the necromancer to begin with. If they wanted to balance this set with the other necromancer builds, they should have decreased its power by 10%, increased the LOD gem and Rathmas by 10% and then increase all the other terrible sets by 20%. I don’t know why Blizzard cant get this right. They routinely either give a set a 100% boost or nerf and call it balancing. This is the real reason the game is not balanced. They make too big of balance changes at a time.

1 Like

BS poison rune scaling with density is what really makes the build overpowered when it comes to pushing.

Without that scaling the damage output of the build isn’t really that overpowered which can be proven by how excruciating long RG fights usually are when pushing, and its just above average performance in lower GR (110~120) where the poisone rune scaling can hardly flex its muscles (hence cold or physical rune is usually used instead).

It’s like DH GoD HA nerf all over again. A single rune with incredible scaling potential makes the build overpowered for pushing and warrants a nerf. Except this time instead of putting a cap on the skill and giving the set a buff to compensate for the lower pushing capability, developers decide to butcher the set and do nothing to the skill in question.

3 Likes

100% agreed, it got an overnerf, when they could balance the skill rune instead without killing the set.

Again, i am against nerf any set, they should be balanced to an even state so we would have diferent routes to archieve the same goal, i hate this idea of “this season this set is strong, nerf all the rest” if the player base likes to use a build why the hell ruin it? just place another set with the same firepower and let them chose what do they want to use.

3 Likes

Honestly this reminds me of the Chantodos set nerf for wizard, likely entirely pointless as the seasons roll on and more sets get tuned up just much more extreme.

But this isn’t even passing the benchmark like Chants did, this is literally 10 tiers below the old baseline mark which is 5 tiers behind. Cripplingly overdone.

Suggestion: 6pc 10k 6k > 8k BoneSpear damage and Simulacrums deal triple double damage

Should make this chilling at low 140’s NS 5-6k para. Something else will likely rise thereafter, it’s okay for it to fall out of top tier, just don’t insta F tier it. Like it’s literally F tier.

It’s more than 10 tiers. No one has done gr 150 on main server, PTR yet. People with 9000 paragons are only clearing gr 130. It’s probably closer to 15 tiers.

That’s exactly what I said, just in a different comparison. -10 + -5 = -15

The set balance should been made on the bone spear skill rune, like they donne with GoD DH with hungering arrow piercing cap. This nerf is real hard and the Aegis of valor from crusader too.

I have a dream …that blizzard hires some real human beings to balance the classes and sets …

2 Likes

Best dream ever but…

1 Like

I put this out there in another forum, but it is worth repeating. The Necro is not overpowered. If you check the total player hours of the high tier Necro or high tier any class it is easy to spot the bots we run against every season. That included deleted heroes for those that are smart enough to truly hide a bot, then kick players running 21 hours a day or more the boards will look very different. As a bonus, you get to sell the botters the game all over again. If you want real numbers to decide who to buff and who to nerf you have to dump the cheaters first. You are nerfing the Season as well as the normal so a big nerf crushes a low paragon player. Plenty of us can get on regional leader boards. Regularly. if you only look at the top 10% take a real look. If you are looking at 2000 to 2500 paragon you will not see the huge GR differences. accept compared to classes you already smashed like the WD. Witch Doctor is the perfect example of how to destroy sets and crush a class. Run a real comparison and then Balance the class, don’t crush it. This is coming from a Barbarian player. The wizard does not have to pass the necro before you squash it too. You will over murder the necro and then murder the firebird set because it got better. Balancing is not done with sledge hammers. It is fine tuning. Fix the broken sound issues then get rid of the Botters who will just repurchase the game and set up better bots. then fine tune=balance the set. Little numbers. Next season purge again. You drop 10,000% to 6,000% or in simple math a 40% reduction on output for anything from a car to your own body and it is BROKEN.

1 Like

You mean people that actually play and understand the game? Dream on…