The loved Skeletal Mage

=( This is a skill Id love to see buffed. Skeleton mages look too cool - it’s tragic.

1 Like

I used to run The Lord of Mages build back in the day - really powerful build but it required teleport which either has to be on a item with charges, or Enigma which will be hard to get, and a green conviction stick on merc.

Im torn as I really like the Necro but with season being shorter I think Im going to roll a sorc to start then maybe a barb and time willing a necro…

Depends on how I am feeling. If I go pure exactly how I want:

20: Summon Resist
12: Iron Golem
20: Skeleton Mage
10: Corpse Explosion

If I want to go a bit more min/max then:
+CE
+CG
+Revive
(-) Skeletal Mages
(-) Iron Golem

The wildcard is the curses. I also “1pt hero” Amp and Decrepify (some times will drop Decrepify on a respec); however, there are other times I do the confuse/attract fun as well.

They trash. Damage is beyond pathetic compared to warriors. This is well documented. Anyone who uses them needs to L2Necro.

Cold and Poison provide some utility but, yes, they’re not very good. Honestly though your options at the end are basically increasing radius on Corpse Explosion, making the golems slightly better, and/or Revive Army which is the best min/max way to go but… ehhh… the amount of improvement isn’t giant.

No. Wrong on all counts. They provide no utility whatsoever. They only exist to give you the one point to get to revive.

1 Like

Cold = Slow… especially if you don’t use Clay Golem which you can make an argument for Iron Golem if you use good enough items and choose to babysit the Iron Golem some (despawn >.>)

Poison stops regen I’m fairly certain. Minimal benefit but is something.

Fire and Lightning do nothing.

They do some damage, they also are for utility, if you don’t recognize that well…enjoy. the key as I pointed out above is in relation to skelly’s they are a fraction of that damage. They do a lot better when you get the big stick.

What I am really asking is if you don’t use them what do you spend your 20 pts on? A summoner that stops with just skellys uses all of 40 pts to be done with that build. Mages would be an additional 20 pt investment. You can get a decent bone spear to keep your self busy or pnova, or big fat CE, max Dim, chunky golems, pDagger to stab things with…There are a ton of options as a strictly skelly army only needs 20 in skelly and 20 in mastery. The build is done before you are lvl 50.

So…what are you spending your pts on?

make irion golm from non eth infy and or mage.s owns all lol -_-

I took the 20 pts and

+4 to decepify
+16 to (+4 to each) Clay, blood, iron, and gm to have a slightly better golem…

or

+1 in it to get to revive and the other +19 as above