The Lost Legion Bounty remains bugged

I’m quite perturbed to note that my posting of this topic continues in a tradition that’s gone back multiple years.

On this forum alone, multiple posts exist since 2019 discussing how “The Lost Legion” bounty is bugged, in that even after the entire legion + unique demons are defeated, the chest remains in its “cursed” state and cannot be opened. This means that Act V bounties for the entire run cannot be completed, which is quite frustrating when grinding out mats.

I personally encountered this one week ago on EU realms, and then again tonight on NA realms.

However, what I find particularly worrying is a reddit post from 7 years ago detailing the exact same bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/2igls1/hideout_of_the_lost_legion_bounty_bug/

If no effort is going to be put into fixing this bug, at least retire the bounty so it doesn’t continue causing problems?

I’ve never had an issue with this Event.

Maybe Blizzard’s QA Team hasn’t been able to reproduce it. And if they can’t reproduce a reported bug, they can’t “fix” it.