The future of the game

What is the future of the game in your opinion?
We get new balance patchs, seasons, items, mobs, acts, new features, mods, etc?
Or what we get?
How much will they want to touch?
What do you think will happen?

1 Like

I’m seeing more requests and talk for multiple realms.

‘pure vs update/new’

Something like this may be the only way for Blizzard to not get grid locked.

7 Likes

It’s a very interesting and important question, but one that is hard to answer.

I’ve always been open to the idea of a new patch later that implements secret rune words that would - at first at least - give access to high end runeword items that would only be found through trial and error, but at the same time, I wouldn’t want anything that would result in the remaster no longer being a simple remaster.

1 Like

I think it is inevitable that the game will change over time.

7 Likes

at the beginning servers will be full of people
that’s good!
once diablo 4 comes out most of them will quit :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

How long will it be until D4 arrives?

1 Like

realease date will be in 2022

4 Likes

Im see lot of forum in my country: dont like D4 but need D2R.
Im dont know its real or not but D2R have base of players.

Now lot of players playing D2 and not D3.
The newer is not equal better. (at least not for everyone)

I better waiting to the D2R rather than the D4 now.

But im like all diablo.

3 Likes

Right, it’s strange isnt it, as alot of people seem more hyped for D2R than D4. I am hyped for both but if I am honest with myself, I am more hyped for D2R.

7 Likes

I’m thinking D4 may still be a few years out. Maybe that will change when D:Imortal finally arrives.

It’s funny we’ve had some major time gaps with Diablo stuff in general, and now it feels like almost too much all at once haha.

2 Likes

D4 is the future. if it fails, Diablo is done.

I dunno, I see a timeline where Diablo:Immortal takes off, Diablo4 fails, and Diablo is forever a mobile game.

It is a very dark timeline, indeed.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t mind having 3 realms:

• Classic realm
  • v1.09 realm
  • v1.14d realm

It may not split player base nearly as much as people are worried about. I mean most players would probably create a character or two on each realm.

I dunno if I care for the idea of special realms dedicated to weird official mods though. IE: A normal v1.14 realm and then a v1.14 realm with Corruption function. Some of these changes people want are just bad suggestions. I’m not going to go why in this thread as there are already several topics discussing this.

4 Likes

and come back after they realize that D4 is crap like D3^^ (just my assumption…I no longer have confidence in a team that has done something like D3 and is still proud of their sales figures although they would not even be close to as high if the NAME would not be on it.)

4 Likes

Look at StarCraft, Warcraft 3’s remastered today if you want to see a realistic future. :slight_smile:

These two are ‘dead’ from update point of view but I would argue Diablo is in better scenario. RTS is abandoned by Blizzard while hack and slash is still considered as the future. How much resource Blizzard wants to put in D2R after it launches is a question.

1 Like

Is it the timeline with Deckard Kane of the brotherhood of Nephalod? Where you fight for Gheeds Defense Initiative (GDI)?

3 Likes

Lol yes, very good one :smile:

Diablo 2 Tiberium Wars.

1 Like

I hope in the not-so-distant future we can get new content in the form of explorable areas, monsters and elite/bosses to occupy them, with new gear to gain while doing so. There need not be any new class but all additions should be roughly equivalent to existing stuff. This could include a Temporal Dungeon not unlike the idea of the Anniversary Dungeon where you get to face off versus powerful D1 antagonists. Heck, it might be fun to battle a main boss that can resurrect other bosses.

Wouldn’t count on it, since that would require making retro assets also. Unless you mean procedurally generated areas using present assets, in which case it’s possible.

If they change some of the sprite colors, they could make Lut Gholein look like an icy wasteland. So, easier to use existing assets but modified slightly… but, would be better to include actual newness since that would be more engaging.

Likelihood or not is irrelevant since this was a “hope” post.