The Dreaded Trust Level Thread

Hey team!
Promise I did my best to research before asking here. Also tried to send a prominent forum member a PM about it (no dice on this forum I guess.)

I read the sticky thread at the top but it is really light on details. Quoted below for ease of use.

The trust levels are described as being numeric, but my trust level has changed and it’s always a title ie; ‘member’, ‘regular’ etc.

You can link to trusted websites like Youtube and Twitch, cool. Any others? Is there a list or is it trial and error? Like you’ll know if it’s trusted if it doesn’t get kicked back.

Regardless, I was hoping someone could point me to some more specific information?

Thanks team.

Trust Levels
Trust levels are a new form of user participation on these forums. There are four levels of Trust (0, 1, 2, and 3).

By actively posting, liking, or engaging in topics, reporting forum violations, or simply visiting and reading posts, you can increase your Trust level. Higher trust levels come with more posting privileges, including gaining access to the ability to create links, embed videos to trusted websites like YouTube or Twitch, increasing your “like” limit, and participate or even create wiki-style posts that can be collaboratively worked on by other community members.

Please note that Trust levels are independent to game title forums; your trust level from forums for World of Warcraft, Overwatch, or other game titles are tracked separately from your trust level here.

1 Like

You could always send whoever it is a Battlenet Friend request, then you can chat to each other on the launcher’s chat, even if you play on a different region.

Member = Trust Level 2
Regular = Trust Level 3

The whitelist of sites that TL2 are allowed to embed is very limited, i.e. whereby you can put the item into the post itself. YouTube videos are one such allowed thing.

However, for creating clickable links, for TL2 posters that’s restricted to Blizzard owned domains, I believe, i.e. at TL2 you can create clickable links to Blizzard’s blogs, game guide, armoury pages and so on.

To create clickable links to non-Blizzard domains, or to embed pictures, requires TL3.

There’s a pinned thread…

…but the values specified within it, whilst correct at the time of publishing, are no longer valid. For example, you can get to TL3 with a much, much lower total of posts / threads read than is specified there (it’s more like 3000 than 20,000 now). Also, the requirement for Likes Given is not a reach and forget target, it’s a minimum of 30 likes, and that needs to be maintained over a rolling 90 day period.

3 Likes

I would love to do this.
Question: how do you figure out what someone’s battle tag is?

Thanks again for all the info, really appreciate the break down.

From the forum?

The easiest way is:
Click on the “name” of the member and “View activity”. In the url of the webpage, you’ll find the battletag (pseudo-xxxx)

Example with my profile:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/u/Strix-2106/activity

Simple, make a quote-reply (even if you cancel the reply) so you can see this…

This assumes they haven’t made their profile private. However, if you hover your mouse over their forum avatar or name, your browser will still show a preview of the URL for their profile (even though you can’t visit it). The quote-reply method works regardless of the other poster’s profile status.

Private or not, you can find the battletag :wink:

The forums don’t have a PM system. You have to friend someone on Bnet, if they accept your friend request, then talk to them that way. It is also subject to all the normal Blizzard rules.

There is no list. It is kind of trial and error. They have been adding white listed sites over the past year or so and likely will continue to do it.

The sticky was written in 2019 based off the original release of the Discourse software.

If you look at the .json file it lists the trust levels by number. It was a recent addition to the forums to show it in your profile as a text based indicator.

What did you want to know about the Trust levels?

2 Likes

Thanks Cheetah, between you and Meteor I have the info I was looking for.

Appreciate ya’ll!