The First Part (Cultist's pages) of the Darkening of Tristram is now live

Hopefully they will add something new this year for the ones that have already completed in the past.

5 Likes

It would be great is they added something new, but I would not count on it.

They have not even made any reference to it starting tomorrow.

Finally something new and exciting is coming, well not really new, i’ve played the event a few times already. I feel like every Seasons should be like this where mid-way into the season theres that small event to look forward to.

1 Like

This will be my first Darkening event. I will admit to letting D3 languish for long periods since initially playing through it, but have reengaged with the current season. I am looking forward to it cranking up.

1 Like

Funny, I thought the Darkening Of Tristram happened when a Season starts in January. If that’s not true, and it is in fact happening, it will be my first…

The Darkening of Tristram has nothing to do with Seasons. It is a yearly event that runs in January.

2 Likes

BOOOOOOOOOORING…

Nothing new, nothing interesting.

1 Like

Frankly I’d be satisfied with the current devs changing the current Arial font in the game (outside of the event) to the event’s Diablo font. That way at least the game would look more like a Diablo game the rest of the year, not just during the event and not just in a couple of places at that.

1 Like

Screw the people hating on you for posting this. I’ve been in D3 since beta, playing off and on over the years, and this is the first time I’ll be able to do this.

3 Likes

I personally think that the best way to run it is the way it was intended. Solo with a new build, and only use the gear that you receive in the rift. Many Diablo players just want to max out the gear (paragon) and blow past everything. If you take your time and look closely you will even find the body of LACHDANAN and he will have some items for you. The only item you will keep will be the helm gem. The Crusader is the closest to the D1 Warrior. Have fun.

If you have never run it before, remember to not hit or get hit by anything prior to going into the portal. If you are attacked or you attack anything prior to entering the old portal you will not receive the baby butcher pet. Also, run the side quests, the cultist pages, the cow area, talk to the dead people in Tristram, kill all the elite bosses in the dungeon.

3 Likes

Not quite true. If you follow the Lachdanan steps, you get the recipe for Wirt’s Third Leg. You keep that transmogrification once you’ve earned it, though you can only craft the recipe during the event.

This year they started the first Tuesday or january and close the first Tuesday or february.

Who cares about getting a portrait?

If you do not know what you are taking about I might be better to just keep silent.

Ogden’s Sign and Ogden’s Brew (Banners): Players who kill all four of the bosses in the anniversary event dungeon automatically earn these two banners.

Red Soul Shard (Transmog): This is guaranteed drop off of The Dark Lord. It can be used to transmog head slot equipment. This is the only helm gem in the game.

• Periodically struggle for control, unleashing a ring of fire that inflicts 12,500% weapon damage to enemies it passes through.

• After gaining a level, your resource costs are removed and cooldowns on skills are reduced by 75% for 30 seconds.

The Butcher’s Cleaver (Transmog): This is guaranteed drop off of The Butcher. It can be used to transmog 1-handed axes, swords, and maces.

Wirt’s Leg (Transmog): This is craftable weapon available during the anniversary event and can be used to transmog 1-handed axes, swords, and maces.

The Royal Calf (Pet): Salvaging Wirt’s Leg offers up the Map of the Stars, which reads 2-1-3. Go back to Adria’s Hut and click on the cow corpses in this order: middle, left, then right. This will open the Abandoned Farmstead portal. Head through the portal and find Wirt’s Stash. Open the chest to get the Cow Pet Trinket and right-click it to earn the Royal Calf.

The Butcher (Pet): When you clear the dungeon with a fresh level 1 character solo, you gain the ‘An Eerie Red Glow Blurs Your Vision’ achievement and the Butcher pet.

Classic Demon Portrait: This is given once you killing all 40 unique classic monsters in the Anniversary dungeon, gaining you ‘The Protector of Tristram’ achievement.

Classic Angel Portrait: This is given for getting the ‘I Sense a Soul in Search of Answers’ achievement during the Anniversary Event. You have to find all seven Cultist’s Pages, which drop from Temporal Priests in Act I areas.

3 Likes

Blizzard posted this will start on Jan 3rd.

Check out the blog again, the first part (cultists) is now live. The portal will open on the 3rd.

Classic Angel Portrait: This is given for getting the ‘I Sense a Soul in Search of Answers’ achievement during the Anniversary Event. You have to find all seven Cultist’s Pages, which drop from Temporal Priests in Act I areas.

"The cultists have begun appearing since December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST."

2 Likes

So much fun stuff. I’m not even mad its been 7 years and this will be my first run.

1 Like

Let’ me guess,the plan will still not drop yet just like last years.Because there just copy previous patch and paste it.Wait and see

Well, the blues had already thought about that a couple of weeks ago…

1 Like

I just started a new character today, killed the Dark Lord, and didn’t get the achievement.