The D2R Trading post we deserve

Nothing even close to being a forum.

Yeah I agree it could be on bnet and still work. Might be better if not though so we can still set up trades when bnet is down for maintenance, it’s what I did every time for d2

The only part I dont like about it being on bnet… Is constant messages in game while trying to play, now if there is a turn off notifications toggle, that could work.
My preference would be to keep it separate so that you can just minimize D2R, check your posts, reply or refresh, off you go.

The other point Id like to say is, Blizzard would be much more inclined to spend resources on a forum section, vs a whole new progam on bnet.

Sounds alot like how a forum works though… post your item, player replies to said item with offer, you reply yes or no, trade. Why not keep it simple, forum vs whole new mechanic on bnet?

What I’m thinking goes like this:

• Seller posts item with a brief iso message. “ISO x items”
  • Anyone can offer any items, they can’t leave a message.
  • Seller is able to browse through the offers and can accept or decline any one of them.
  • The items posted from both the seller and any offers are put in a ‘hold’ through Blizzard.
  • If the seller accepts any one offer, the items are swapped, trade completed. Any other offers are returned.
  • Anyone can cancel at any time, the items are returned.

Yeah I really hated 3rd party websites for trading in PoE that encourage scams ( a lot of whine in global ) , I just wish they add a mail post in camp or farm all by myself.

So, and correct me if I am mis interpreting here, Blizzard controls the item once you post it for trade? Is that what you mean by a “hold”?
If both players “accept” then what, the items magically swap accounts without the need for both players to be in the same game and doing a “manual” swap?

Correct.

The items are automatically swapped by Blizzard. If there is an instance where there isn’t enough room to deposit the items in your shared stash, you’ll get a nagging notification until you make room.

Well I will give you originality points. I dont see Blizzard ever putting the resources in to develop this, unless this is a spin off their D3 Auction House mechanics and they could re-tweek them for D2R.

I still would prefer that, manual trade feel, that would come from swapping over items and saying T4T and what not.

Cool idea though

I’m not saying that the good old manual way of trading will be replaced, merely just an additional more centralized way of trading without having to lurk in the game lobby, creating redundant ‘x for y’ games or having to go to fools gold forums to get an idea of what items are worth.

As far as Blizzard putting the resources for it… It would be a ‘set it up and forget it’ fully automated service.

No its an option. Not a terrible one, just a more, complex and resource heavy one. What if Blizzards “auto” trade server crashes and your items are locked/lost/whatever and now you are stuck waiting for a ticket to be replied to by a human who has 1000 tickets from last night to go through.

I just think adding a sub forum on here with plenty of organized tabs, a centralized currency, PM functions to complete the trade in game, done.

There’s always going to be what-if scenarios and people submitting tickets with every setup.

I’m sure Blizzard got a bunch of tickets from people getting scammed with the item switch-a-roo trick. Speaking of that scam tactic, that won’t exist with the trading post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Every way has its positives and negatives.

Correct, thats why I always default to the simplest, cleanest way because no matter what, there will always be some sht to deal with.

All I know is, if Blizzard doesn’t even bother to set up a forum for trading, they are not serious to make other big improvement.

Once this game is launched, they will shift resource to make Diablo IV.

I will shift too if that is the case.

Seems like creating a min AH on bnet where you can buy out items with runes and they go to a trade type tab! Make a game with your item and just play is not a sane or logical statement people are not going to waste the time or effort! If you want a ghost town sure don’t create an easy way or trade! Even having a trade tab that goes to a website or menu on bnet is a better way to go but honestly the spam from people it’s just better to have an ah with rune prices I mean how little do you value your time ?

A more officially efficient method of trading

How will trading work?

RMT & D2JSP - Big problem - Please read

Can we talk about what Diablo 2 is actually missing? (Trading)

This idea of the Barter House could either be a centralized area in one of the acts(preferably Act 1 since new level 1 characters start in Act 1), or have a Barter House in each Act to make it easier to trade for whatever Act you’re currently playing in. There could also be many variables when trading. Example: In WoW, if you put up an item for trade say for 12 hours. You pay a deposit of gold to post the item. If no one buys the item in that 12 hours the item is refunded back to you, and you lose your deposit. This would be a way to use some of our game gold in D2R. So, this Barter House would be a WoW type Auction House, but instead of trading off your items for game gold like WoW, you’re trading off your items for other items at a cost of game gold if no one buys your item/items in a certain time period.

1 Like

There is difference tho. This time we will most likely have forum trade section and accounts from here are actualy linked to a game with btags so thats make trades more easy.

Why do people not want to make games for trading. Or gee I dunno join the trade channel in game then say what you need and whisper that person. Like it was done back in the hay day.

1 Like

Because thats inefficient? You can do that process if you like, but I prefer a forum or post where I dont have to sacrifice playing time to wait for a trade.

People don’t want to spend hours spamming channels , joining random trade games or making a game name! It’s not logical or efficient in anyway! I have been doing it in PD2 and it’s annoying same with POE spensibg hours looking and messaging people is an out dated time sink that serves 0 purpose in 2021 I get that purist don’t live in reality or the modern world but you need to learn to value your time

Omg I am on of those same ppl who always posts there’s like 16ish of us! Same threads same people nothing new here

It was very efficient in my time when I played on Battle net. its less efficient with smaller player base.

1 Like