The CM is looking for some Diablo content creators

This is what the Diablo community has been asking since a very long time - improved communication and engagement. It’s nice to see Blizzard have taken the steps in that direction.

Those streamers don’t stack poison resistance?

4 Likes

Love that one. :metal: :metal: :metal:

You might not know this, but Nev was in contact Rhykker and several of the streamers quite regularly. That is literally part of the job of the CM. Of course, that gets to the reason most streamers don’t come to the forums. Some of the forum posters get angry that streamers get ‘special treatment’ so they hate the streamers. D3 used to be pretty bad about it but has mellowed over the years. Regardless, when Blizz does do something like have a streamer play D2 and link to the stream on the launcher, or pick a D3 streamer to hightlight at the start of the season - the forums never fail to make a complaint thread.

3 Likes

Yeah, I am also on reddit. I moderate a few smaller and medium large subreddits and sometimes also post on r/Diablo and go into extensive discussions there when I feel like it,

You are on reddit too?

I only met a few from the Diablo Formus on reddit so far.

No, the only Diablo related subreddit I moderate is Rhykker’s. The Diablo subreddit is significantly larger.

No, I doubt that since I never was at a Blizzcon and I am not that big of a content creator or big fish that I got invited.

Oddly enough, no. I don’t have a reddit account at all. I do browse them from time to time to keep up with the general hot topics though. I also don’t have any other public Social Media at all. No FB, Twitter, Insta, etc.

I am trying to think who has a bigger following, and was invited…

Spontainy, Lynxaria, Leviathan, and Rhykker were there in 2016. I know Levi was there other years too but he has a pretty small stream compared to Rhykker and others. Some of the other smaller streamers were there too, but were not invited by Blizz/featured by Blizz. SvR, WolfCryer, etc.

I am sure I simply don’t remember others. There are something like 35k people at Blizzcon so it is kind of hard to keep track.

2 Likes

The ones I watch on twitch are Baskenater, Wudijo, Svr_90, Raxxanterax.

2 Likes

Rhykker, Bluddshed, Quin69 are the first coming to my mind.
Lately i watched Game lore dash channel on youtube, he’s nice to watch and dive into more Diablo lore.
I would consider “content creators” also people from this forum that brought a lot a cool ideas, concepts, even worked on images and art of their ideas like Gimpzor and evil.

1 Like

It seems to me what FilthieRich hinted at is that there will be some new “treatment” not only for the streamers. We’ll see. It can’t go wrong when you interact with your community and take into account what your dedicated players have to say.

The official forums (aka this place here) have to be their priority in the news sharing compared to social media and non-official forums. At least that’s how I see things if they want to build a bigger community on their own forums.

I am not sure the official forums are the target group they are aiming for growth with. Not that they want to discourage it, but they are well aware people have moved on to other platforms for gaming discussions. Reddit, twitter, discord, etc. The CMs also usually have relationships with the folks who run those too want to see those platforms be healthy places to bring people together too. (edit - this last sentence is too much of a mess to fix. Holy “too/to” batman.)

I am old and set in my ways, but not so antiquated as to think the forums are a draw for most people anymore.

CM engagement has to be where the players are - they to to them where they want to be.

1 Like

Let everyone post wherever he prefers I guess. It would be hard for them to follow everything on so many places when D4 launches, but such diverse approach would guarantee them more feedback overall.

I hope one of those things is the thing @Pezradar mentioned; the ability for cross-platform to post on the same forums.

YES! The website needs a dashboard that collates blue posts from other platforms. I am all good with them posting there, but having one central site to view those posts is nice.

2 Likes

Certainly needs to bring the players together. Console VS PC can be divisive, and nobody wants that. I’d love the return of MVP “class” posters, to…help other players and focus feedback on what the class really needs.

I am really excited for what Diablo 4’s future may hold.

Also, PC master race! :P

/runs and hides

The original FAQ for MVPs (now lost on the old forums) mentioned that class MVPs were not the BEST person who played it. They were a person who was willing to help with common class questions, point to resources who may have more details, etc.

We shall see what the Community team has in mind for D Immortal or D4! I agree that we have a divide between console and PC that would be nice to bridge. Console often feels very very left out of discussions and ignored. Or so I gather.

2 Likes

It’s unsurprising they feel left out as they’re not allowed to post on the class forums.

1 Like

Yes.

The issue is that the forums require a D3 PC license to post. It prevents spam and other nonsense, but it makes Console players feel disenfranchised. I am hoping the forum tech changes to the extent we can have robust Console forums WITH BLUE POSTS so they don’t feel so left out.

PC is my jam, but a heck of a lot of people play via console/switch and will via phone. Reaching and including them is important.

1 Like

I don’t get the technical hurdle. Does Console not require a Battle.net account or something?

It seems easy to just have people log into Battle.net, and have posting privileges if they have a D3 license.

I really enjoy watching streams/videos created by FilthyCasual. He creates the content suited for most of the d3 community. The casuals :wink: he does not go crazy with math or theorycrafting but offers easy to understand guides for guys who just want to enjoy the game. definitely someone you should check out!

1 Like

Content creators in Spanish on twitter:

@DiabloNext
@Nicro4Fun
@JJDonosti
@rashomonk

And myself of course @fr0d0b0ls0n, because I like to blow my own trumpet, or as we say in Spain, I don’t have a grandmother (to say nice things about me :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Mr. LlamaSC, DBrunski125, Rhykker, Bloodshed, Wolfcryer, Quin69

2 Likes