Thanks to current team of Devs

D3 turned into a great game in the last 2 years. Before that, I thought it was a good game but after a certain point I felt that there was nothing to do except paragon climb and I didn’t want to do that.

The changes that I thought that leveled the playing field against group players and improved quality of life made the game so much better.

• full follower gear and Emenate
    I could get extra keys with Cains and I didn’t have to wear Nemesis. That means I could equip Aughilds for higher pushes.

• Armory
    I can store my speed build and my solo push build

• Primals and Primordial Ashes
    most of my build needed one perfect item like Nilfur boots with 800% - this just eliminated hundreds of hours of farming and hoping RNG would go my way

• New sets
    Love GoD, Typhon. Mundunugu is my favorite set.

• Set leaderboards
    It gave me a reason to solo push all set WD in Non-Season. Motivated me to push my favorite fun sets even if they got nerfed (like GoD). It also let me check to see what LoD or LoN builds players were using in different classes.

• Changes to Aughilds, Crimsons, Cains and Guardian set
    Those crafted sets are now must haves.

• Set reworks
    Nat’s redesign, Tal’s redesign, Trag’ouls redesign, Arachyr redesign - so much more fun now

• Orek’s Dream and new GR maps
    They have been so wonderful for pushing

• Altar of Rites
    I don’t care for the massive power creep. However, the quality of life nodes are amazing.

• SSF
    If they add this a permanent feature to non-season, I’ll buy another copy (since I’m out of character slots) and I’ll spend another 10 years regearing every build from every class from scratch again.

10 Likes

When you start to list all this team has done…it’s truly amazing. (D4 needs a team like that)

4 Likes

All of the new zones we received for free, as well as the Darkening of Tristram.

3 Likes

Cheers to the D3 staff!

2 Likes

yeah thanks to all, the game 11 years later is still fun

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Hope everyone has fun in Season 29 and beyond!

43 Likes

You are a hero. I’m hearing you’re the guy thinking of all the cool ideas that have been implemented. Did you do terror zones to in D2R??? Absolute win.

Certainly will, especially if you throw in another rebalancing round for the seasons beyond, based on the S29 pushing data.

It’s incredible what you made out of this game in the last few years!

We have a fantastic team of design, engineering, art, QA, and many others that come together to bring content to Diablo III.

34 Likes

Clearly. Well let them know they are the best D3 and D2R has ever had. Please keep it up. Hope you get the entire franchise soon.

Hoping the SSF mode pans out well for D3… I’m looking forward to participating. My hope is, if all goes well, maybe, possibly, hopefully it can be brought to D2:R as well. :pray:

2 Likes

Can you make Static Charge Monk viable again before you all leave? That was a fun build.

1 Like

I’d be happy to pay a monthly subscription if the current team kept working on D3.

1 Like

I would have even more fun with the altar back for season 29 and from 30… :frowning:

D3 has had its ups and downs throughout its development in my opinion.

I enjoyed D3 at launch. Probably in the minority there. RMAH was a big L unfortunately. But I liked Inferno.

Crusader was a lot of fun upon ROS release.

We had some fun items introduced ever since. A lot of builds became possible over time. It was frustrating in the sense that Sets became so mandatory for the most part. And a lot of patches promoted new Sets to be the meta for a bit. Balancing its never easy when you start adding as many multipliers as D3 has.

But you know what, shout out to everyone who has worked on D3 imo. I’ve gotten a lot of entertainment out of this game.

7 Likes

That stays after S29? What will be the focus of the team after S29? More balance changes? Some season theme reworks?

I really do hope the team will be put to good use bringing more to d3.

I am willing to pay for new things (including fix so we have more stash), especially for that 2nd expansion that never came in full.

I really am curious what that story would have been. D3 has a great story so far (except killing off cain).

1 Like

Second expansion with the Druid class would be a dream!

1 Like

keep up the good work you have been doing. hope you will continue to work on d3 past season 30

1 Like

I hope the Devs will fill us in on their future plans a bit earlier.

At least for me, certain information about the future affects my gameplay.

If I had known that Devs were bringing back a modified Altar, I wouldn’t have spent so much time farming bounties since I know future seasons would have continuous double bounties.

I’d like to know if SSF mode will roll over to non-season and that there will be a SSF mode in non-season.

If I had this information and knew this was something the devs are considering, then I would buy a brand new copy of the game so I could have more character slots.

Instead of finding out at the end of the season and realizing I’m going to have to delete an entire season of SSF progress because I don’t have enough space to keep it in non-season.