Thank you for the Followers Revamp!

So far, I’m having a lot of fun with the Followers revamp! I know many of us have been waiting for this for a long time. I’m sure there will be some tweaking done. But, this is great.

Edit: By the way, is it my imagination, or am I seeing some new item artwork?

4 Likes

The extra item storage across all characters is very nice to have…
The best part of the entire patch actually…

2 Likes

Only offering the follower revamp provides is a free fot/nems.

It’s fails at everything else

2 Likes

Not for DH, we need Ess of Johan on pretty much every build :frowning:

AND the spinners that come from Pylon Elite spawns 1 shot us and are an instant GR quit… so we won’t be pushing with nems… ever?

triple nerf!!!

I think that they should consider for the following items:

• Goldskin
  • Custerian Wristguards
  • Gladiator Gauntlets
  • Avarice Band

And also add Kymbo’s Gold to the list maybe…

To move the GF% secondary affix into the legendary portion.

Goldskin
Chance for enemies to drop gold when you hit them and you get 100% Extra Gold from Monsters.

Unless they rewrite the GF formula to make Follower goldfind not have both that debilitating 20% effectiveness and not being affected by Torment Level those items (besides Avarice Band) will have no use even on a Follower.

And actually fixing that would be worse, since it would mean it’s even better to have both the Follower and your character equip Goldskin for maximum GF. And I feel the point of this patch is to move QoL and Farming type Legendaries onto your followers.

1 Like

That is true and it is nice they give you gear. That you can put on a follower. But what good is it they still don’t do any real damages.

Maybe I’m missing something here, wasn’t this is why they did this. So the follower could help you doing solo?

3 Likes

True enough. It needs damage. If they can deal 20% of your character DPS, it is already great news.

Today I did some testing on the follower in a GR. On two of them followers I tried it with them and without them. The only difference is with the follower you do a GR maybe 30 to 45 seconds faster.

But that could be just the rifts you get to do too. So with all this hype on the follower, I don’t see any real big change at all. The really only go thing is if the follower has the Nemesis Bracers & flavor of time on. That when you hit a shrine that does works great.

That’s what my impression was to help out doing damage along with the hero class you are playing in solo play. Not to be doing the killing for us but at least provide some kind of help. The way it is now they are only giving us a few more buffs.

2 Likes

That is right I have follower that is at almost 3 million damage. When you let them attack they are doing no damage at all. Like you said they should be doing some damage, but nothing at all.

1 Like

For me, I always play a Demon Hunter. At least, as my main. Unhallowed Essence is still my favorite build. I know GoD is more powerful, but it doesn’t fit my playstyle.

I usually play two builds:

1. UE with Sage’s Journey for Bounties and Rifts.
  2. UE with Captain Crimson’s Trimmings for Greater Rifts.

Now, I can do this with one build:

Templar

Demon Hunter

I can’t link to my PTR Demon Hunter, but she’s basically this build from Icy Veins:

Cain’s Destiny doesn’t help outside the Greater Rifts. If they ever let us save the Follower builds in our Armory, I may come up with a second build for the Follower.

2 Likes

It took me awhile before I really started using it. Like you I really like the Shadow & Unhallowed builds better. All the GoD set is a baby mindless Barb.

2 Likes

WW DH.  

1 Like

One more thing…update Asheara’s Vestiments–perm all 3 followers (always at your side) if you have the set’s 4-piece bonus. I was always annoyed by that “occasionally come to your aid” nonsense where they disappear in the middle of battle.