Tempest Justice - Balance in Hand?

Hey guys! I’m playing a Tempest Justice build, sitting around 750 paragon. I’m enjoying the heck out of this build: it’s pretty simple to run, offense is decent, and defense is pretty solid too. I especially enjoy running with WW Barbs - its fun to see the builds running side by side and being effective.

For reference: I haven’t run any serious solo GRs in more than a week, but I can carry one of two lesser-geared players through level 90 GRs in pretty decent times (5-7 ,minutes?).

I’ve had a heck of a time getting decent Ancient pieces - especially for Justice set pieces, but I do have have Ancient Won Kihm Lau and Vengeful Winds - with decent (but not great!) rolls. I recently had an Ancient Primal Balance drop - with pretty decent stats. My first reaction was kind of "meh - thanks for giving me a primal that could go in the cube. After thinking about it, I’m kinda curious. Does anybody have experience with running Balance in hand with WKL in the cube? I’m likely to try it either way, but I’m curious if anyone has already tried the two-handed approach for the Tempest build.

Have fun out there!!

Well SWK TR needs Balance, Vengeful Wind and WKL to function so that is not feasible. Patterns only needs WKL and Balance but the resource generation from PoJ 4 piece allows you to dual wield and not run out of Spirit which let’s you get another legendary affix into the build like VW for more move speed or go with extra Cold% via Azurewrath or Utar’s Roar.

As per above… also might be handy to know Utar’s is craftable at the BS.

I was wondering the same thing a few days ago, but you can pretty much answer it for yourself, if you use d3planner. Unfortunately, dual wield attack speed bonus+1 extra flawless emerald+extra stats(dex,area dmg, cdr) are far superior than higher 2-handed base damage.

2 Likes