Temp Ban from VPN

Hello, actual legit player here!

Got temp banned, tried using a VPN to get around it which I see now was a big mistake, got banned for 2 weeks. My ticket literally said I’d have my access back on March 3rd, so I did my time and waited. Was excited to log in yesterday and today, still can’t play. Created another ticket, got a response in 15 minutes, this time with NO date of resolution, just that I’m temporarily restricted and it could take up to two weeks.

How am I still restricted? Why do I not have a clear reason and time period for my new restriction? My first ticket actually had a real response: I was restricted until March 3rd. Cool. Why can’t my second ticket have a time frame? Why a general message about temporary restrictions?

Moderator: Using the word Blizzard or similar words (Devs, Blues, Mods) to call attention to your post is a violation of forum rules. Edited title to remove the word Blizzard.

1 Like

Crazy man, you deserve better than this sht. This company is a major letdown and its really killing my hype for d2 resurrected.
Im in the same boat you are and tbh, dont expect any kind of answer that will make you feel better.

1 Like

If I got a new modem would my public IP be different and it think I am on VPN? How does it tell that?
I am clearly banned for some reason, and havent been able to get on for at least 3 or 4 days now. It worked fine before that, and nothing changed. It would be nice if our accounts told us next to D2 or a game that we got banned so we atleast know. The cryptic false messages logging in doesnt help much and if by design, is really annoying.
Would getting a new modem be considered a VPN ban? I didnt really use a VPN, and I have zero clues what my old IP was verse my current one. If its the same or different. They didnt ask me.

This is supremely annoying with WFH… accidentally triggered it a month ago because I forgot to disconnect the work VPN at 5pm.

I go shower, eat dinner, watch a movie, then try and login to bnet and boom… 2 week ban. Just now I repeated the same exact ridiculous “mistake” and am out of commission for the next couple of weeks. FML. Thanks.

Everyone here seems to agree that these automated triggers are poorly implemented… right? Is anyone at Blizz listening?

Glad to hear d2r won’t rely on this crap system.

The major reason its so annoying and like this is simply because bnet classic is 20 years old. It doesnt have any modern stuff or systems like the modern games. They know I just dont think they can change it short of remaking the whole game like they are for D2R.
Hopefully D2R fixes this stuff, but its annoying to deal with because it does not tell you anything about what happened. Just trying to log in after being banned automatically extends your ban over again. I never saw that so I got rebanned a few times without knowing trying to log back in each day
Its not very new person friendly that is for sure.

Well a VPN is not allowed, it’s a violation of the ToA for Blizz. So if you were caught with their warden program using a VPN, it could definitely be a contributing factor to your receipt of numerous Temp bans/Connection restrictions