Tell me again why

… we cannot enchant Ancients and Primals more than to alter one affix?

IMHO, normal legandary items are fine with having the opportunity for a single affix modification - but I think Ancients should be allowed to have two stats rerolled and Primals should have the ability to have 3 affixes rerolled.

This would of course come at a substantial cost increase of resources or perhaps even a new item that one had to farm in order to affect such a reroll (similar to Rama’s Gift for socketing a weapon).

As a long time player of D3, nothing irks me more than finally getting that incredibly lucky drop of a Primal item and then realizing that it is worthless as the affixes are all wrong.

Normal legendary items should be good
Ancients should be able to be great
and Primals should be able to be perfect.

2 Likes

Because Blizz said so and because you’re supposed to “bot” crafting mats to reforge your item if you don’t like it…

1 Like

LOL. Well then, Blizz should market and sell bot software so we can make it happen. Until then, when I get a Primal drop I feel like it should be special and worth using. That is what the game was when it was first released many years ago (well, not with primals but with rare drops that made you feel special)

this game is broken in so many ways

2 Likes

I think enchanting should have been like how the paragon system works for secondary stats, but for items. You choose the affixes you want on the items and for a non-trivial cost can incrementally increase them up to the predefined max (e.g.:6% for CC).

Anybody worried that people would leave when they have the BiS set, let me remind you that there are several classes with several builds requiring different items. So even if people could get maxed out gear, it would still require quite some time to get everything.

Plus many players let go of this game due to the RNG system completely stifling progression and dictating how you can play this game via what usable items you get.