Tanky Tempest Rush (maybe good for hardcore?)

I have been enjoying the POJ tempest rush this season and it works great for speed runs and gem ups.

I found that after GR 100 if I stand on triple affixes like molten, plagued and electrified for example, I die pretty quickly.

I found that by using the following setup I can facetank anything other than firechains in GR 100+ rifts.

Standard part: POJ, RORG, Crimson. Cube: balance, soliloquy, OROTZ

Nonstandard part: Echoing fury/WKL weapons, WKL is rolled with 500 LPSS.

EF makes me burn through a lot of spirit. Since I regenerate 70 with POJ plus epiphany, the LPSS heals me through various DOT affixes.

So far, I’ve cleared 104. Barely lose any health. Paragon 850. One augment. gems 90 or less.

This build is not going to set any world records. But seems to clear more consistently.

Use Crystal Fist if you want with POJ

When you reach 105+ some stuff will just kill you.

PoJ + Mantle of Channeling + Epiphany + Crystal Fist + Crimson + Travelers and Raiziel can still one-shot.
Yeah, and this is with full diamonds, Harmony, and Mantra of Protection as well.

I love PoJ but damn do you drop faster than a bag of rocks in anything above 107. I see Barb’s and crusaders charging forward face tanking everything and my dps monk pops if I do one thing wrong. Seems zdps monk is all that has a chance in anything 110+.

What? There are plenty of POJ monks well above GR 110. I’ve done a 126 with low para and 1 augment. You’re just doing it wrong apparently.

Care to elaborate? Having issues as well.

You guys seem to forget Unity. Monks at actual high GRs 130+ use it. Channeling cubed (25% dmg as well as reduction, too good to pass up ) + unity (50% dmg reduction ) is the ideal set-up for more tankiness. Some even ignore the 25% dmg buff and just go soliloquy (50% reduction) + Unity for a beefy boy build but would have to have amazing gear or amazing giant pack pulling ability to clear with less dmg.

There’s a few ways of increasing your toughness so that you can compete at higher tiers. As mentioned, Mantle of Channeling helps. Also, you can use Aquila Cuirass as long as your build doesn’t lose spirit. Another option for even more damage reduction is to use the endless walk set. Don’t forget that if you are using captain crimson’s set that resource cost reduction is equivalent to damage reduction so it’s not a bad stat to have despite the fact that PoJ usually doesn’t have spirit issues.