(tal meteor question) different jewelry?

Thoughts on Compass Rose and Traveler’s Pledge instead of Squirts and Convention? I feel a bit squishy in grift 120s.

1 Like

If you want to gimp yourself go ahead! You must have very low paragon? You need a close to 80 Karini. BTW 75 is NOT close to 80. Anything less than 78 is pretty useless.

1 Like

If you are feeling squishy at low paragon, the best way to gain toughness is going to be to run Guardian’s + Squirt’s (no CoE, wear Tal’s amulet and cube Squirt’s). So basically trading CoE + Aughild for Guardian’s (and some random shoulders).

At low paragon it’s actually not that bad, at 1000 paragon Guardian’s can end up being worth like ~1.75x damage and ~3x toughness. At 2k+ paragon it’s worth a lot less, but at 1k paragon Guardian’s set is extremely strong.

Compare that to Aughild’s + CoE, which gives 1.3x1.5 = 1.95x multiplier with an extra +30% sheet elite damage and like 1.4x toughness (15% DR and 30% elite reduction).

For example, consider these two variants in d3planner at 1000 paragon with 4 augments: https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/696708409 (don’t mind the skills, d3planner doesn’t give Tal’s stacks properly for Familiar + Ice/Storm Armor, so there are a couple placeholders to get 4 Tal’s stacks).

Guardian’s setup has 1.1b toughness and 146.6T average meteor damage with 35% elite damage.

Aughild setup has 492.5m toughness and 120.6*1.5 (CoE) = 180.9T average meteor damage with 65% elite damage.

So the Aughild setup does more damage, particularly vs. elites, but the Guardian’s setup isn’t that far behind and has WAY more toughness. The higher your paragon and the more you augment, Aughild’s will pull further in front in terms of damage, but at 1000 paragon, if you’re feeling squishy, Guardian’s + Squirt’s setup is pretty solid.

Another option is to drop Stricken/Powerful for Esoteric Alteration. You won’t really need Stricken until 135-140+. Esoteric Alteration is a pretty huge toughness boost against elite affixes. It’s non-physical damage only, but for the most part you should be able to play at range dodge melee hits. Archers and spears will still wreck you, but you can mitigate that a bit by taking some pieces with physical res (when possible).

Or with the Aughild’s setup, you could also just swap CoE for Unity. You don’t need CoE for GR120s.

3 Likes

I tried both variants for some 130s. They were all non-open maps like keeps and the ones you get from the waypoint to Zoltun Kulle: With Guardian set they finished with around 7 to 8 minutes left. With Aughild’s they were with around 9 to 10 minutes left. So Aughild’s is somewhat faster. (Dominance and Galvanizing as protective passives). No deaths.
Then I finally got a festering with Aughilds and it finished in 3:07.

I’m around 1172 paragons with augments on main stuff but non ancient jewellry and non ancient Guardian and Aughild’s.

Make sure you use comet with diamond skin prism and magic weapon deflection too. Life gem in helm. I bypassed gaurdians set altogether this way went straight squirts and augchilds at about 900 para which I already had from dh no issues. That said the suggestion with squirts in cube a very good one I didn’t think of