[Switch] PetGoblin not dropping a pet for all in couch co op

Nintendo Switch version 12.0.2
Version reproduced in: 2.7.0.74170

Since the launch of D3 on Nintendo Switch my friend and I have been playing couch co-op on Switch. Since then we’ve encountered about 7-8 Managerist (pet) Goblins and from what I understand a pet is supposed to drop for each player guaranteed. So far they have had 7/8 drops and I have had 5/8. It seems the drop is not guaranteed for both players in couch co op or there is a bug? I am not sure if this is a problem in online parties.

We’ve confirmed both of us got hits each time and our inventory wasn’t full and we did not leave it behind. Both of us should be at 8/8 pet drops if it is guaranteed for all players.

Steps to reproduce if you are a dev and can spawn Managerist goblins. Otherwise good luck since their spawn rate is insanely low. We do not have all the pets as at the time we just started playing. This impacts both players 1 and 2 so it’s not a problem for only player 2.

1. go into couch co op mode
  2. spawn a managerist goblin
  3. kill the goblin with both players getting hits
    a pet should drop for both players, however this doesn’t seem to always be the case
  4. repeat steps 1-3 until a pet doesn’t drop for either of the players.

I see a Reddit thread from 2 years ago with multiple people complaining about the same issue but no solution or confirmation that it is NOT guaranteed for both players.

Same thing on Xbox, I have killed two menegerist goblin with wife and daughter, both times they both got new pet and I got nothing!

1 Like

There are a limited number of pets available from those goblins. Once you have collected them all, kills will no longer result in drops of pets from them.

So, do you already have all the pets the goblin could drop? You can check all the Menagerist pet drops in this thread…

A pet is guaranteed, but not for each player.