Switch Leaderboards top tier are all cheaters

@homer

I remember that death! I remember chating with you during a previous stream about staying in on proc, not knowing if there is a derve right around the corner. It was a sad day for me as well when you died. I was really rooting for you to take #1.

2 Likes

Does anyone Play on the switch that is mad they can’t compete against mod item? I was so mad I went to research edit whatever myself but didn’t bother with it since I knew that would suck the life out of the game for me so i figured something else out to give me a leg up. I would love to share how I got my full set of primal with everyone who doesn’t mod to with switch players frustrations. Don’t get me wrong I still had to grind hours to get these primal and worked hard to get them. Blizzard you say your not responsible for the cheating so can I help the community stress level go down by share my exploit???

Anyone saying let the cheaters cheat and don’t worry about it or any such non-sense is utterly absurd. Cheating destroys competition at the fundamental level. The Leaderboards are for competition. LEGIT competition. Cheating completely ruins this. If cheating is no big deal, why is it completely illegal in all forms in any type of sport? Cheating straight up ruined this Season for me. The #1 SC Wizard is cheating on PS4 and there’s no point in even playing. He’s cheating at a level that you can’t even compete with. So I stopped playing. Anyone saying whatever cheating is not a big deal is a fool. I feel sorry for Switch, but it’s been FUBAR since day 1 and it’s not gonna change. At least PS4/X1 had some semblance of legit competition for the leaderboards. That’s out the window now with this 2 man in solo GRs. You simply just can’t beat that playing legit. Hell, even re-rolling all your gear primals can’t beat that.

7 Likes

VisitRapture, true word for word. I’m a noob so imagine when I found out that 3 socketed items where fake. I wanted to trash the game. Now I just play for fun and you are correct even with all primal its still a joke compared to mods.

3 Likes

The switch was great for the first season. I felt like i actually had accomplished things while i slowly climbed the leaderboard. And it was interesting to see how people climbed to 1st place.

I had great fun… then the cheats appeared.

People play on PC against botters. The biggest cheat of all. Modded gear is laughable and those people are irrelevant. You should be able to differentiate who are the legit players and play against them on Switch. Switch has the biggest problem, but also the easiest to detect.

How is botting the biggest cheat of all when people can save-hack on console? Oops I save-hacked 10K Paragon on my character and since you can’t see it on our LBs it looks legit. Both are a problem, obviously. I didn’t know we need to measure our cheating against each other, but here we are I guess.

3 Likes

Have to agree there. While botting and maphacks are a really major issue on PC, save editing is so much worse. At least botters on PC have to actually let the bots to play the game to gain paragon points, materials and such. That takes time. On consoles it’s a few minute hassle to change some numbers on the locally stored save and suddenly you have more paragon points, better gear, etc. than worst botters on PC.

All platforms have their share of cheating but Switch is by far the worst platform.

2 Likes

Because those people with modded gear are irrelevant. They might be on the board but are not taken seriously. If 200 people with modded are above the top legit player why are counting those modded gear as legit players and part of the leaderboard, is my question. Keep complaining about it. I’m sure Blizzard/Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony will do something. Lol - not.

You are stating the obvious and while the cheating is more obvious on switch, you know which players are irrelevant on the leaderboard. I find it funny how you guys can’t seem to comprehend that little detail. But here we are.

If players with modded gear are irrelevant, so are botters and maphack users, right?

Basically what you are saying is that cheating is irrelevant.

See both points.

I can see Ic0n0clast87’s point. You KNOW a cheater on Switch…it is harder to KNOW a player is botting on PC therefore you can discount the cheaters on Switch easy but not so on PC.

But then cheating is cheating and Leaderboards are never scrutinized that much thus if a cheater is top then he gets credit.

Are there bots in PoE? How do they combat the problem?

It’s not that hard to spot extremely likely botter on PC, at least in season. Just check how many gameplay hours one has accumulated in season and then compare it to how long season has lasted. Note that I’m talking about seasonal gameplay hours, not gameplay hours per character. If one averages over 20h/day, that’s quite clear indication one is either botting or sharing account, both bannable offenses.

1 Like

but is blizz really gonna drop the ban hammer? no. D3 is a classic game now…

You can share your account with someone from your family like your brother, sister or father and you won’t get banned for it. Even Miss Cheetah confirmed it in one post…

So 16-20h a day isn’t really a problem if you share your account with anyone from your family… which makes spotting a botter pretty much impossible…

Miss Cheetah also confirmed that you can’t ban anyone based on time played alone without a proof…

No, you can’t. You can share account at most with a minor if you are parent/guardian of that minor. That is the only exception. Your siblings, parents, etc. are never allowed to use your account. Account sharing is strickly prohibited, even between family members.

Please provide a link to a post made by MissCheetah contradicting that.

1 Like

I don’t remember every single thread Miss Cheetah posted in, but heres a proof of that you can’t ban anyone based on time played:

I’m not 100% sure she confirmed that sharing account between family members is true. I’m pretty sure that someone confirmed it anyway I can ask to be sure…

The fact is account sharing is not allowed with the exception I mentioned earlier. If one account accumulates over 20h/day, that’s a major red flag. Not a proof of anything yet but definitely needs deeper investigation. Without botting or account sharing playing over 20h/day is extremely unhealthy at the very least.

Proving one is sharing his/her account is borderline impossible. That is why bans don’t happen for that.

Detecting botting is a different matter, the Warden is for that.

1 Like

Can someone tell me why they won’t just show their paragon level on the leaderboard??? Or for that matter just show the player stats… That way we can see who’s earned their win and who cheated.

2 Likes

Showing Paragon level would be nice, what also would be nice if it showed the rift they had (mobs, floors, pylons, RG).

1 Like