Sweeping Wind stacks dropping off

Playing seasonal softcore monk on the PTR. While wearing Kyoshiro’s Soul, all Sweeping Wind stacks will occasionally drop off while in combat. This has been occurring in solo GRs. I have been unable to replicate it on demand but it is not specifically due to a proc, leveling up or touching the seasonal buffs like the whirlwinds.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like a bug. Reread the text on the Kyoshiro’s Soul:

Sweeping Wind gains 2 stacks every second it does not deal damage to any enemies.

You can of course keep stacking it by attacking enemies with another skill.

1 Like

That’s the in combat part. While attacking with a generator the stacks will still randomly drop off.

1 Like

Do you have a decent amount of crit chance on your gear? If you are in combat (so Kyoshiro’s Soul isn’t refreshing) it will only refresh if you crit. If you don’t have much crit or aren’t actively attacking while enemies are within range, it might fall off.

1 Like

51% CHC and over 2 APS. It could be due to the servers dropping connections at times I suppose.

1 Like

From tooltip: “The vortex lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed each time you strike an enemy with a melee attack”

2 Likes

Yeah, my bad, you’re right. The stack gain requires a crit, but the refresh of existing stacks does not.

1 Like