Stuck At 113 With Impale

Take a look guys. Is it my play style? Not enough of some stat? My items feel pretty in-line with what I see on the LB. Could it be that I have the wrong idea by putting Vault on left mouse? I do miss Oculus alot.

Hi Negator, how is your toughness? Is your sticking point speed in getting to the RG, dyeing too often, or taking too long to kill off the RG?

Your question about where you put vault depends. I always put my movement skills on the same button, no matter the class. Personally, for S6, I use the left button for impale.

Gear wise -

I like to have AD on my shoulders, but since you have it on your CR and HPS you are probably good to go. Something to think about if you replace the CR or HPS.

The main weakness I see is your Karlei’s Point. It would really be worth the mats and time to try and roll up a better dagger. It looks like you already know that as it is not augmented :slight_smile:

An HPS with Impale Damage would also be a nice boost, but the KP is more important.

The easiest improvements for your solo runs will be on your Templar.

Roll block chance on the Enchanting Favor and the shield to proc your freezes.

Roll Attack Speed on your Thunderfury.

Roll Dex to Attack Speed on your Ess of Johan and roll AS on your Oculus Ring.

Since you are not wearing a Unity, replace Unity on Templar with Wyrdward for the stuns. Attack speed and CDR on your follower will increase his proc and you’ll see those oculus circles more often.

Nice Travelers Pledge, better than mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I will respond more in detail later, but in short, I find I have to reposition too often, and that I do damage in bursts, and then lose my intended target. RG’s are easy, never takes more than a minute.

What is the optimal Karlei’s Point roll in your opinion?

I had shoulders with low (10%) AR and no resists, and gave them up for these. I felt the survivability was more productive.

I am torn on Area Damage with this build. You are not multiplying it over a huge mob like HotA does, but without it, clearing mobs seems, on paper, impossible.

Changing your companion to Boar will help. Cast it as you engage elite mobs or end up in the middle of dangerous trash.

You don’t need a lot of AD, but having some does help clear annoying trash around elite packs and that helps proc more oculus circles. Also, you are not clearing mobs with Shadow, you are killing elites, collecting globes, and moving on. Depending on the progress bar, I might stick around and kill of high value trash, but that is map dependent.

Your KP has the correct stats, they just need to be max’d out.

1 Like

But wont losing Wolf kill a significant amount of burst damage?

You like Strongarm over Nemesis yes?

Yes, I much prefer Strongarms over Nems, I hate those whirling S6 killers that spawn with Nems :). There are plenty of others who prefer Nems though, so it is a play style sorta thing.

My S6 play style is to get right on top of what I want to kill. Boar allows me to utilize the damage portion of the Endless Walk set better, stand in Oculus circles longer, and face tank elites.

I do use Wolf with my RGK S6, but we usually have a monk in those groups.

1 Like

Hi man - You have some nice stuff! I have pretty much the same paragon level and the same number of augments as you and I cleared GR 115 solo so far this season without pushing much (I mostly play in 4-man group and reached GR 135 as BK). The main difference is that I play with bane of the powerful instead of pain enhancer (but both work), and that I have impale damage instead of AD on the gloves (here I think impale damage is better so I advise you to find another quiver). As mentioned in other comments, try also maybe to find a karlei with higher damage range and using boar instead of wolf if you die too much. Good luck!

1 Like

This may sound silly…But try using esoteric over pain enhancer. Ive done 118 using esoteric. 115-118 was using esoteric. It gives your loads of toughness so your not constantly vaulting dealing no dmg.

2 Likes

So the consensus is:

-Boar over Wolf.
-Better KP.
-Try BOTP?

How about gameplay? Any tips there? Which skills on which mouse buttons and keyboard buttons?

I am a fan of BoP for S6, but I think that is mainly due to my style of play. There also may be a skillset I’m missing and I’m just not running PE correctly.

As to keys and mouse buttons… That is a very personal choice. I like to keep similar skill types on the same buttons across characters. Example, my movement speeds are always in the #3 slot which is set to a specific mouse button. I set Impale on my left click as it is a spamming skill, and left click is my spam attack key. Vengeance is usually #1 and skills that I want to be specific about are 2 and 4. Things like setting sentries, Rain of Vengeance, Pets… stuff like that. Potions are always my scroll wheel and force move is my space bar. First thing I always do in challenge rifts is change the skills around so I don’t have to think about them.

Looking at your characters, you have movement skills all over the place. Teleport on 3, Furious Charge on left click, Steed Charge on 1… I would keep those all on the same button, makes it easier on my brain :slight_smile:

As for in game strategy, look me up in game if you want and we can run a few.

Yes, I use Boar over Wolf.

As others have said, Impale is on left click. I usually put Vengeance on 4 but map it to numpad 4 and num lock it, so I don’t have to press it every time it comes off cooldown. Pet goes on 2 or 3. Shadow Power takes the other spot. Vault on 1. And Fan of Knives on Right Mouse since it’s pressed sporadically but at important times.

But as Varadia says, it’s a personal preference thing. That’s just my set up.

So I prefer Impale on right click before left is generally the move button, so if I miss with a left click, I move. Also, maybe its a Dota thing, right click as attack.

I use Furious Charge on 1 because its set in my brain for activating Focus and Restraint as a generator. I prefer 1 for mobility, and right click for attack. Is that crazy?

It’s what works for you :slight_smile:

I went in game and looked at a few Shadows that I really respect, and it didn’t seem like any 2 mapped skills the same. So seriously, map them how they work for you.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t really matter where your key bindings go. When I push I tend to look for good maps. Festering, silver spire, battlefield, dessert. There’s also website which shows monsters XP gains. Battleground or something… basically most large monsters give more XP… the big spiders can be good if you get a bunch of trash spiders because they’re one of the non physical dmg mob that gives good xp or monsters that spawn adds can be great for an area dmg set up…gl on pushing.

1 Like

I always put Impale on left click and Vault on right click, it feels the most natural to me. Then 1 Vengeance, 2 Fan of knives, 3 Shadow power, 4 Companion.

1 Like

I’m with Necroman666 on this. If you’re finding you’re spending a ton of time repositioning, seriously give this gem a try. Take off your powerful, that’s a great gem for speed running, not so much for pushing.

-Getting a quiver with Crit and impale damage is a big deal. Keep rolling for that, another 10-15% impale damage is huge for you. (Ironically I couldn’t get a good cold quiver this season and was playing lightning, and then had my current cold quiver drop when i was playing on my LON crusader…ROFL WTF).
-Try dropping Ess on your follower. That neck has cost me my cold cycle on a well placed elite pack more times than I can count. Plus it ends up pulling trash in all over the elites you actually care about.
-Strong arm bracers with cold/Crit and a good damage roll will make a big difference, especially if you use esoteric and can vault in and stand there and beat on them (moretorium gem or what ever it is called works well too).

PS- I’m super jealous of your amulet, insanely good my man!

2 Likes

Thanks! That is my concern, I feel like my gear is way ahead of my results.

No offense, but your gear still needs work - KP and HPS for sure…it’s mostly really, really good though.

I noticed you cube unity but don’t have one equipped on your follower so you aren’t getting the benefit.

Agree that the Ess on Templar can muck things up - I’ve seen a lot of guys running Enchantress (attack speed boost) with Overwhelming Desire neck instead.

1 Like

I messed up. That is my speed 105 GR build, with Unity.

I use impale on right click as well. Then I have vengeance on left click and activate it by hitting shift and left click. It’s come to a point where I hit shift/left click so frequently that I barely pay attention to my vengeance counter anymore. Vault is 1 on all my DH characters, 2 is bladed armor, 3 is shadow power (only need to use it at the start and to lock in the potion LpK) and 4 is boar (remapped to Q to be closer to 1).

1 Like