Strafe-fired primaries not generating hatred unless hitting target

I don’t know whether this is a bug or it’s an intentional decision, but Strafe-fired primary skills don’t generate Hatred unless they actually hit a target.

Normally when you fire a “generator” primary skill, it generates the hatred regardless of whether that skill hits an enemy or not. Strafe-fired primaries are generating hatred correctly when they hit an enemy, but not in between packs. Strafe also uses more Hatred than most primary skills generate unless you’re using the “generate extra hatred” rune for that skill.

For example, when you clear a pack and move to the next, Strafe drains hatred during the move when you aren’t hitting anything. This should be an easy situation to duplicate… just Strafe around town after using a primary skill.

I’ve encountered situations in GR75 where my hatred has run out mid-pack while using Strafe. Strafe uses a lot of Hatred, so most of the primary skills used while Strafing can’t keep up the hatred generation even while hitting enemies. I switched to the “generate extra hatred” rune for that primary, and it was sustainable until I needed to move to the next pack.

Again, I’m not 100% sure whether these are actual bugs or design decisions, but they seem like bugs enough for me to want to say something.

the primaries used by strafe does indeed keep up the cost of strafe. But there are several issues ive encountered that stops strafe from shooting primary skills all together.

If you level up, pick up an equipment, get stunned or change zones, Strafe will stop shooting primaries.