Stop claiming changes to D2R = D3 or D4

You are comparing apples to oranges. “New content” means creating something “new”, from scratch, not re-releasing the same stuff from 15 years ago.

A similar comparison would be: Release D2 Classic first, then release D2 LoD 2 years later. Is there any new content? No. It would be the same game that we are receiving now.

1 Like

True but then how are you comparing wow classic which hasn’t been fully released yet to d2r? how do you know they won’t make new content for wow classic once they are up to the current version of the live game?

Zero people want to stop fighting to wait for loot every 10 mobs.

Im laughing so hard. Nobody is coming around to such a garbage idea.

I’m laughing so hard.

This has already been introduced in video game aRPGs, so…

Go play those ones than? You want a 20 year old game to change for you. Got it.

I do not want any changes in a 20 year old video game. Those games are D2/D2:LoD. D2R is being released on September 23, 2021. For D2R, it makes sense to make optional modern changes while preserving the past experience.

D2R has numerous changes. See:

28 Changes In D2:R So Far [More Coming Post-Launch] - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Those changes are QOL and note core changes. What’s your point.

See if they changed these than they should change that. You prove my point.

1. Ploot
  2. Increase drop rates because I still suck
  3. Class allocated loot because someone got my item that I think I deserve.
  4. Dead game.

You prove time and time again that you will use the excuse well they put ploot in, now I want more!

Then don’t. It is pretty simple.

Nor is Timed Allocation loot. Heck, you seem to believe it is less efficient than FFA and nobody will use it. Making it have even less impact.

You prove time and time again that you are just trolling everyone.

So you agree to get the loot you slow the game down got it. Hack and slash is no more.

Someone saying your wrong is not trolling. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

If #1 happens, it does not mean #2 - #4 will, especially if Rod is right that the optional loot system will be introduced at game creation and require opt in.

It will not slow the game any more than when people stop attacking a monster/boss so that they can click quickly in FFA loot games.

1 Like

No.
That said, a A-RPG does not become less so by being slower.
D3 is faster than D2, but it sure isn’t more of an A-RPG because of it.

True. Someone purposefully lying every time they post are.

Indeed.

1 Like

Who determins what is a lie. Your idea for ploot won’t work. Get over it

“you want salt on your cucumber? Go eat coriander or a pineapple instead”

I’m just impressed that coriander was used tbh. Take my vote.

That is a totally fine opinion to have. If only it ended there.

Reality does.
You putting words in others mouths, building strawmen, claiming to know what they “really” want. That is lying.
Normally one would argue your own case. But you have nothing, so instead you make up lies about everyone else.

2 Likes

My case your honor is 20 years of perfect game play from the original d2. I rest my case.

1 Like

Since perfection is in the eye of the beholder, I do not think that is a valid legal argument for a judge.

:100:

They only did that because of WoW classic, though. You think they’d have done BC if classic had bombed? And it’s worth noting that the BC version IS separate, and technically divided the player base because of what you mention with transfers.

What you’re missing here is that the same subscription covers WoW retail and both versions of classic. Therefore there is no reason to make both competitive. They’re under the same umbrella.

It’s also not like WoW sat around and got lip service for over a decade. Further, they actually DID do updates for WoW classic. Among other things, they changed it so that servers were instanced. That tech wasn’t available originally. Another example is they chose to a sort of combination of the patches, but they were from a later date. This ended up making the game much easier than it was originally. It made Molten Core a joke. They also didn’t release all the content at once, but waited for Blackwing Lair, Zul’Gurub and Ahn’Qiraj.

Off topic, I hope they eventually do with WoW what’s being done with EverQuest. Time release servers and such.

That happens already, though. For example… swapping to MF gear.

No game is perfect.

Of course, diablo 2 is perfect - as perfect as perfect can be.
If you think it’s not perfect, it says something about you, not about diablo 2.

Since they’ve made changes and even the most hard set against changes have agreed with some of them, that would seem to indicate that they too agree it isn’t perfect.

That is your opinion, but not everyone has to share it.

• If you think it’s not perfect, it says something about you, not about diablo 2