Stone of Jordan

For Necromancer, Stone of Jordan doesnt grant +Lightning damage.

I have 38% cold element, thus i get 38% physical and 38% poison element.
But i also have 15% lightning dmg from T-gods belt.

Why dont i just get 38% in all elements, instead of only those my class has skills in?
It says it should give me the bonus in EACH element.

If i want to play a Lightning necro, with thunderfury, i should be able to.
I should be able to play a Fire necro, with cindercoat, cinderswitch, magefist and whatnot.

Why do you want to limit the playstyles like this?
Either change the tooltip to something else, or make the change happen to All elements.

2 Likes

If you stack fire dmg SOJ will turn it into cold,phys,poison for you.
Without fire (or lightning) skills you still can’t play a fire (or lightning) necro though.

Necromancer only has 3 elements: Physical, Poison and Cold. You can’t use other elements because the character was thought that way. It’s like trying to build up an Arcane Witch Doctor, you just can’t.

I agree, added a post aswell. It says “All your elemental dmg”, not the elemental dmg for your class.

Tried to stack fire dmg and then convert to poison, but didnt work.

Necromancers can’t dabble in fiery sorcery nor in the electrical art that creates lightning, thus the cannot increase their profficiencies in such elements. Same as the fact that Necromancers don’t dance.

If you want to dwell deeper in to thus arts I suggest you choose a class more skilled in those manners. It is not a bug, but a feature.

Then it should say “Each of your class’ elemental damage bonus is equal to your highest elemental damage bonus” or something.

The way its written says ALL (each of) of my elements, including lightning, should be boosted by SoJ. And lightning is ONE of MY elements.

@kronos: I am still able to equip Thunderfury. So the necromancer class CAN deal lightning damage. Its either a typo or a bug. If its working as intended, its a typo, and should be fixed, because it doesnt make sense as it is.

Else its a bug. And should be fixed, because it doesnt make sense.