Stone of Jordan - Patch 2.6.9

What does that means exactly, anyone know for sure or any Blue out there that can answer?

Stone of Jordan

• Added power: Each of your elemental’s damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.
1 Like

My guess is that if you have 40% cold bonus, then all of your elemental bonuses become 40%. Kind of like how Harmony works for monks, but for dps?

But it’s confusing so just a guess.

Not sure many builds could benefit from that but maybe they are trying to encourage a Tal Rasha wiz build?

4 Likes

For instance spirit wd, if you have 40% cold, 10% fire / physical / arcane,
everything is set to your highest elem damage which in this case is 40%
so you have 40% cold, fire / physical.

Essentially, this ring is still useless. No build is going to use two skills with two elemental in a optimal way.

15 Likes

Yeah it’s practically useless and doesn’t change anything from the current SOJ.

7 Likes

It’s simple. Whatever your highest Elemental bonus is - that’s what all your Elemental bonuses are.

It’s kind of a pointless change with the way the game is currently, for 2 major reasons:

1. Can’t really push Elemental damage beyond 40%.
  2. Most builds focus exclusively on 1 main attack, meaning the added bonus from the other attacks will be negligible.
3 Likes

Changing it to: “Elemental bonuses on gear are doubled” would probably be better.

18 Likes

In my opinion, the guy who wrote the description of the bonus has no clues what the bonus does!

13 Likes

So it is “similar” to the vanilla Monk passive - One With Everything with a spin towards elemental damage.

3 Likes

Ooooi~ People asked WKL to not have wasted stats!!

But yeah, still less likely to see competitive play. SoJ was always more of an item for spd farming, around 15% more damage (after DR) won’t affect much. Better than nothing I suppose.

If you optimized all your elemental bonus, say to fire , how is it any different?

How is it any different? Just optimize all your elemental bonuses on gear to lightning.

Agreed. Whoever wrote the patch notes needs an English 101 class. What a sloppy mess all the way through.

3 Likes

It’s not. That would be why I said this directly afterward:

Read the whole post next time, okay?

3 Likes

Just give SOJ an increase to elite damages to 100% and call it a day. lol

I’m just agreeing with you, aka pointless, okay?

Do you know which build uses WKL? It’s TR item, and they use cold elemental dmg.

1 Like

25% more lightning doesn’t equate to 25% more damages over all, Kinda pointless damage increases.

Basically text to make sure it doesn’t work with Convention of Elements.

However it’s weird that there isn’t an update to Black Hole - Absolute Zero wording, since I’d say, it’s a non-static elemental bonus. I dunno if there’s any other way of gaining elemental damage bonus that would make sense to be called non-static though.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t. Any stacking multiplier in this game suffers from DR. And I know how the math works. I calculated as 20% in my initial post. But you’re right, WLK is 25%, so it should be around 20% increase in damage, edit: nope, it’s 15% after dr, if SoJ is used. But as I said, I don’t think it will be used competitively.

I think you missed the part where I wasn’t being serious.

All good man, we can all agree SOJ in it’s current buff is pointless, maybe double the effects or add some utility skill such as reduce CDR, increase movement speed etc.