Stone Gauntlet Immobilization/Freeze

Hey, so I just try the new legendary item - stone gauntlet, in Kanai cube on my crusader invoker thorn build to boost survivability.

From the developer description about this new legendary power, the negative effect of slowing you down can be negated by using skills like Iron Skin or Akarat’s Champion that are “immunity to control-impairing effect”.

So the problem is, I think it is a bug, my character is immobilized like a stone sculpture (can’t move or attack but can use spells or potion) with the stone gauntlet effect at 5 stacks, even though the Akarat’s Champion is in-active. This happens when I have triggered the Akarat’s Champion right after the effect of Iron Skin is ended, or vice versa.

The other bug is like this - I roam around the rift by using steed charge, and the effect of stone gauntlet is always maintain at 5 stacks. Whenever the steed charge expired I will trigger Iron Skin /w Flash rune to surpass the slow effect and bypass the monsters. It works, however, sometime I am not able to make any attack unless I trigger Akarat’s Champion or the Iron Skin effect is expired.

Anyone face the similar issues? Thanks!

Edit: The “unable to attack” I mentioned is actually not able to left-clicking for a period of time, such as using spell bounded on your left-click and interacting with environment. However, moving around is perfectly fine. The most worst part is triggering another “immunity to control-impairing effect” skills after the end of another will literally freeze your character on the spot and you just can’t do anything other than wait

2 Likes

Yes, I just died in hardcore to a rift boss after having this glitch come and go throughout the rift. Once the rift boss spawned, I took him to zero life, and then could not click on anything. Couldn’t click on the shield shrine, couldn’t click on the exit to leave, and my town portal would not work. I ran around desperately for about 2 minutes before he finally killed me.

edit: I should also note, this happened immediately after equipping stone gauntlets in cube.

This bug happens to me as well, I’m using Roland build and Iron Skin to break from the slow but sometimes character just freezes, doesn’t matter if Iron Skin is active or not and even if I use that skill while I’m frozen, it doesn’t change anything, I just have to wait a few seconds for it to fix itself.

I have the problem with AoV as well. Unsatisfying workaround for now is using Invigorating Gem instead of Esoteric.

I’ve been using invigorating gem and it still happens to me on my crusader, happens pretty randomly and I’ll end up dying with iron skin flash, akarats champion prophet AND invigorating gem level 100. I’ll sometimes be running around with no problems but can’t cast or I’ll be “stone”.

Just encountered this today on my s20 crusader, reached 5 stacks and character completely “freezes” in place unable to do anything (mid-animation and everything).

I can use steed charge to move and then all left click functionality disables regardless of stone stacks. Can’t loot or use portals.

I have to completely exit the game to get it to reset.

Yep, the bug is still around. My character either goes into super slo-mo mode or completely freezes and then I get beat to death by a bunch of mobs. I don’t use these gauntlets anymore and switched to aquila cuirass.