Still no news about bug party leader

This has been going on for 13 weeks now and nothing.
Last responds from a blue post is 25 days ago :

You moved it to bug reports, but there are no blue posts in bug reports at all.

Why not admit you can’t fix it or don’t do anything about it?
If this issue happened to all players, you would have fixed it within a day.

Do you know have many players this affects? As you said, if it was everyone, more resources would be dedicated to finding a fix.

Given this, I expect this bug affects a very small portion of the players.

The bug is that players who were silenced in game are banned versus muted. This also raises an interesting question about the distribution of players affected

For example, consider 1000 players. Of which 5 are silenced. If four are first time offenders, then they can play the game 1 day later. If the fifth player has already been silenced 7 times resulting in a much longer suspension than that person would not be able to play for a long time. In this scenario, I am not sure about how Blizzard would allocate technical resourse to fix something like this.

No. The bug, they call it, affects people that are muted. Nothing about a ban.
Does not matter how small of a portion that it hits. A bug like this should be fixed. If you read the main thread, they promised to get this fixed.

If people get muted in any of Blizzards games, it affects Diablo 3 as well.
13 weeks and nothing happens.
This is a result of them not wanting to admit that the problem is not being looked at and they will do nothing.
I would just like an honest answer instead of something they lie about.

Since I have been in contact with support 5 days ago, saying they are going to fix it, no I have not. They moved it over to a bug in which, when you check out that section, have NO blue posts at all.

Again, if this was affected by all players, this would have been fixed. Don’t make promises based upon a lie.

Indeed. There is currently an answer.

-It IS a bug. Players who are muted in any Blizzard game can’t make a game in D3. They will eventually fix it. They won’t be giving frequent updates. The CS team who answers tickets had no connection to the Dev teams who fix bugs and no idea when it might get fixed. All CS knows is that yes, it is a bug.

Many bugs, while acknowledged, are not quickly fixed. If you look at the bug list I have on the Bug Report forum, some of those have been around for years.

Priority is given to bugs that have a high impact on gameplay for many people. The mute bug impacts a very small portion of the player base who have somehow been Silenced for an extended time. People who only have a short silence are back in game pretty fast.

Reality is, this is a bug that takes the Battlenet team and the Classic Games (D3) team to fix and it is not going to be done fast. It will eventually be fixed, but they rarely give an estimate for a time frame on smaller impact bugs. I think you know that though.

No I didn’t know that, and this is lying.
They told us they would fix this and are “prioritizing this”.
I was told this from the cs team when I contacted support.

While this impacts a small amount of players, it is wrong to go around for 13 weeks not fixing it. They aren’t looking into it otherwise it would have been fixed by now and imo. they are straight up lying about it when they say they are on the case, which they aren’t.
This bug is an error from their side. They should fix it. There were a bug that hit those whom can play that was fixed within a day. So should this have been.

This is like you not able to tank gas for your car, cause hey “it’s only your car that can’t do it”.
Don’t write about “we are looking into it”, when clearly they are not.

They moved it to bug reporting and when you go into that section of this forum, there are no blue posters = they want to bury this subject, cause they don’t want people to see they are not helping out players with this.
If it was the other way around you and the dev team wouldn’t be happy it either.

I can for sure say, that I will either get a ban on here for airing out this or they just delete this subject.
But this is more wrong than announcing mobile diablo. Either wait for your mute to pass or simply don’t allow to play.
Just read that post I linked to, it was promised to be handled, yet it isn’t even being done anything about. Stop lying and simply say how it is.

Closing this thread. We have provided a reasoning to why the original thread was closed. Please move this discussion over to the bug report forums.