Still locking up for 20-45 seconds in Greater rifts

Sooo at the start of the season everything was fine, got all my GoD gear on my DH started farming GR’s and bam started locking up for 20-45 seconds. Tried to fight through it but after several deaths in 80’s and 90’s i just couldn’t handle it anymore i looked everywhere for a fix and tried everything i could. Btw this was after the last patch so i figured it was a patch issue and was hoping surely it would get fixed. Today is the last day of season logged in for some fun and BAM same stuff all over again. This seems to only happen on my DH and not my Wizard or WW barb so anyone else having this issues? If you did how did u fix it or are u still dealing with the issue now?

If you are getting a white screen and it says Diablo is not responding my fix may help.

This needs to be done everytime you log in to play d3. So after you are in game.

Go to your task manager
Click on details tab
Click on affinity which shows both real and virtual cores in your CPU
Unchecked all cores except core 0 and 1.
This should fix your problem as long as you do this everything you play.

everytime i play? or just once sorry?

Everytime you play. If you log off then come back you need to do it again.

ok going to test this

Lots of folks have experienced freezing associated with a sound file.

Source: Freezing Issue installed Fmodex64.dll file - Fix Needed

Example: https://youtu.be/prwf8lD9LfE?t=39

A fix

Unfortunately, it seems like it’ll disable your game sound. I hope Blizzard eventually appropriately fixes this.

Also as I have noted previously for me this occurred when Windows 10 upgraded to 20H2. I rolled back to previous version and no freeze ups. Soon i will be required to move to 20H2 and if freeze up occurr
es, I will first try the FMODE replace to fix.

1 Like

Yep, that’s why I keep making noise about this issue.

Blizzard needs to address this or its just going to get worse.

1 Like

I googled for a fix and a topic on the blizzard forums came up to where you replace a sound file in the main folder, the one provided, then make a .bat file to run the game with. Just replacing the file in the folder isn’t enough, you have to follow the instructions and boot from the .bat file. I tried with and without the .bat file and the freezing only happens if I don’t boot with it. It completely stopped when I did this and I would freeze between 1-8 times per grift. Now I don’t freeze at all.

Exactly this. I had no issues until I had to go through the 20H2 process (which failed about 400 times until I had to do a total reinstall to get everything right but that’s another story).

Well as the end date of support for win 10 build 19H2 12 May 2021, I will be forced to choose between update to 20H2 and have Diablo 3 always freezing and impossible to play or not update and have no further win 10 support. I updated a second time to 20H2 and again the freezes started. Had to Roll it back to 19H2 again. Fmod replacement did not work when i attempted the work around