Sticky Guide Criteria

Rage and Bass: You’ve been bumped up to Trust Level 2. This lets you do everything except create wikis.

Prokhan has been bumped up to Trust Level 3.

Nev let me know that there’s an option that will set a pinned (stickied) thread to un-pin at a specified date. I feel like it’s a bit late in the game for LON HOTA, and that build might receive a buff in 2.6.6 anyway, but it’s a solid option for niche builds reliant on Season themes and such.

Carry on, fellow Barbs. :beers:

6 Likes

Thanks very much, Free!
Thanks very much, Nev!

2 Likes

Thanks Free and Nev! :heart:

1 Like

Hey Barbros.

I think sticky the main builds for now. Season specific builds are fine to stay as floaters. LoN HotA is a season specific so it floats.

As far as Pro Slam and Frozen Fury. I think lets keep em as floaters for now. If they buff Barb gear and Pro Slam or FF get in the mix with HotA or EQ then I think a sticky would be great.

Nevs idea of 1 thread with links inside to me sounds a bit awkward. I know it’s only a mouse click extra but it’s nice seeing them stickied. Also if it’s stickied it’s easy to see at a glance if that thread has had any recent attention.

Just my 2c boiz.

So we can’t use links that aren’t approved so I still get an I can’t create links error for say d3planner links to a build with “ideal rolls”. Idk if you want to try to get use to TL3 or not but until then at least myself can’t use certain links. Only the one’s approved in TL2.

Hmm. You are indeed TL 2, but you may need to log out, then log in again to trigger the promotion. I’m not sure which sites are trusted, nor am I sure whether D3planner is on that list. If not, you can always embed links as before. You should also be able to edit the zDPS Wiki now.

More info on it all here: New Forum Guide - Syntax & Features

I’ve done all I can regarding TLs. Additional promotions will have to be earned, I’m afraid.

Yep I see the right Trust Level. I think it just comes down to d3planner not being considered trusted so it flags it. So I can at least help update the syntax and language but links you’ll need to do the final edit to make them clickable. No worries we will make it work as a team. :slight_smile:

Groovy!

So, the only major build guides we’re missing are the Fire/Phys EQ guide and the Vile Charge guide. I know Rage is re-writing the MOTE guide, so that will be coming in the near future.

Can someone let Cendiesel know to port his VC guide?

I just got done with the IK HOTA guide. I think its in good shape. Please give it a final look through/tweak and you can make the links clickable if you want. I’ll start working back through the zDPS one at the Rechel’s Ring section where you left off.

WoW that is awesome. Thanks man. Gonna update build guide to be prettier now :slight_smile:

Has Cendiesel made the move over here? Is he still actively playing? Pretty sure he is in the armed forces and had mentioned deployment so may be away for the time being.

I grabbed the guide off the old forum and stuck it in a word doc for now so we have a copy somewhere if they take down the old forum. I believe we’ve have all the builds now unless there are some less popular ones we need to grab.

Hey fellas, let’s discuss the Leapquake guide.

I’m feeling kind of bad that I’m not going to be able to deliver a new Leapquake guide until, I would say, the 2nd full week of August, nearly a month from now. I think that is too long to run without a guide on one of our most fun and popular builds.

What do we want to do about that? Here are some options I’ve thought of:

1. We could start a topic that links to the old guide, then takes questions on the new forum.

2. We could port over S4v’s guide, possibly stickying it, possibly not, and later on requesting its deletion when I deliver an updated version.

3. We could port over S4v’s guide, sticky it, and just leave it as our base guide. Then I can write a “Leapquake Addendum”, which covers all the stuff S4v never got to. (I had been thinking about writing such a document for the old forum, before we ever found out about the migration).

Thoughts?

Edit: #'s 1 and 2 share the virtue of allowing us to wait and see what sorts of buffs we might get in the next patch / season, which might result in significant rewrites to all of our guides.

1 Like

I think porting over the original guide for now would be good just so we have something here for any new barbs looking for a Leapquake build. That way we have something stickied and can have all the major builds covered. We can then wait to see what buffs we get for next season then go from there. Like you said we could be seeing major reworks depending on buffs and/or seasonal theme. Heavy chatter on people wanting an Endless Walk set season so that would change up the HOTA builds a bit if we get that for S18.

1 Like

This will hold us over until you write the new MOTE guide.

Speaking of guides Free I finished going through the zDPS guide and I believe its in pretty good shape. IDK if you want to give it a final look over and “activate” the links. I am planning to put together a 1-70 guide of what I personally use to level to add to the new player guide.

So, Free votes #1, Bass votes #2. Anybody care to make a case for one over the other?

I have GIFS.

Don’t make me use them.

GIF semper tyrannis!

1 Like

Ok, we’ll go with Free’s suggestion since I don’t want to have to see that again.

3 Likes