Starting Group GR Sometimes Fails

Often, when issuing a greater rift invite to the rest of the group, the greater rift won’t start despite all of the players accepting the invitation (and meeting the requirements). This can be divided into two common cases:

1. One of the players will show a “question mark :grey_question:” symbol instead of a “green tick :heavy_check_mark:” symbol on their portrait despite accepting. This bugged state will remain for a relatively long period (longer than 30 seconds), and at its end an error message will appear. The player who “did not accept” can leave to menu and come back to force an early cancel.
  2. All players show a “green tick :heavy_check_mark:” after accepting, but the rift is cancelled anyway.

How to reproduce/prevent:

1. The first bug is reproducible by one of the players teleporting to a waypoint then immediately accepting, and should not happen otherwise.
  2. The second bug can’t be easily reproduced but is very common in every playing session. Its likelihood to occur increases the more actions are performed by the party members while the invites are pending, and decreases dramatically if a portal to “the vault”/“not the cow level” is open in the same town as the obelisk used to send the invitations out. I understand these conditions are vague but I can assure that every group player in this game experiences this bug the same way on a daily basis.
1 Like

I have had both of these happen many times, but most often it happens to me when I accept the GR mid-teleport.

I just have to remember to cancel my teleport before accepting the GR, and it becomes a non-issue for me.

Scenario #2 happened about 3 days ago, and there was not a portal open anywhere. It showed that everyone had accepted, but the GR failed after a long wait. This was after running about 20 GRs in a row previously with no problems, and we kept running for another 10 or so after without issue.