Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader

Indeed. I was being patient before. Cause I don’t know how much it takes to correct this issue, but this is getting out of hand.
Don’t promise us, that it is being taken care of when clearly it is not.
They just sit around waiting for the mute from peoples accounts to pass so they can play…

You all deserve your ban! You didn’t get muted by mistake. I can see by the way you are all going on here why you have been given mutes in the first place. Self pity. Take your mediceine/ punnishment and stop crying!

As you clearly can see, someone is being ironic and needs a mute themselves.

Let’s just hope Blizzard got some news before christmas at least.

I suspect that this is more difficult than anticipated to fix or a lower priority where fewer resources are being used to find a fix. It makes me wonder how many players are muted/silenced in game? Is it a small number or large number? I can not even make an educated guess on this number.

Another catch 22 relates to the length of the silences. MissCheetah in post #310 stated that the lengths of mutes increase 2 fold with each transgression. The first mute lasts a day. Her numbers show that 3 transgression is a 4 day mute. If a mute is longer than 32 days, than at least 7 mutes have been received. I wonder what the current distribution on silence lengths that players have received currently in D3 as a whole.

1 Like

Suggesting me? All you have done is cry like a baby and try and report every post I have made yet you have done nothing to add to this after repeatedly telling others to stop clustering this thread up. You are the biggest instigator here of cluttering this thread up with self pity and nonsense. You know what mate? I got a ban for several months which should still be in effect 100 hundread percent yet I’m not muted anymore and I can play my game. Strange yes? Well no not really becasue I never wallowed in self pity and I came on here and said I deserved my mute and I shouldn t have fallen for others or used others as an excuse of why I got a ban. That was down to me and its aslo down to you. Maybe instead of spamming this thread with 5 posts a day every day saying its everyone elses fault and not your own and instead come on here and said I wont be a problem any more and you will keep quiet in future they may just do to you what they did for me.
Time you accepted what you do causes your own problems and said sorry!

Same person lecturing people while getting a mute and being condescending to others in this thread.

Mental blocked from now on.
Any news from blues on this matter?

1 Like

You may want to see this quote in context of MissCheetah’s prior post/question.

It gives a little more detail. “that issue” is the mute=ban at the moment.

1 Like

Yea this is really quite a joke. First thing today I get muted for speaking my mind in a chat after I was ridiculed by the chat members, then they decided to rally each other and report or mute me or w/e.

I do not even think blizzard reviewed anything before the mute, kind of like an automatic best effort thing ( a hey lets get like 10 trolls together go around and mute random strangers and have blizzard’s algorithm just kick in) so sad.

Now I try to log on and can not even play the game solo. Really it is such a joke.
I’ll probably get more heat here for speaking my mind further. so sad.

seems so, I got an email saying 10 trolls reported me and now I am muted. Next thing you know blizzard trolls me and I can not start a game solo either.

I can not even contact my friend list lol! WT"freak" lmao. be careful what you say nowadays don’t wanna get banned for the wrong F!

Follow the rules you agreed to on a private platform and you are fine. Free speech only protects you from the US govt in that they can’t make laws or jail you for speaking up against the President, any other political leader, or the Govt. Threats of violence of course are not included.

If you feel your Silence was not warranted feel free to appeal. The report attaches the logs of the chat to the report so GMs can easily check and make sure it was fair. Also keep in mind, Blizzard’s Code of Conduct is almost PG and always has been. Don’t swear, insult people, troll, etc.

1 Like

sure did say it can not be overturned and I may not get a reply if I try to appeal. (very disrespectful e-mail really)

I really do not care about the chat function, it is useless anyways, no quality chat going on from what I can tell just people posting bad primals they have found and saying “why me”, anyways, Why is my game not working?

Your game is not working because there is a bug impacting anyone silenced in any Blizzard game. You can’t make a D3 game. For now, you will be unable to do so until they fix the bug or your Silence ends.

1 Like

this topic was opened 3 years ago.
so I am guessing I’ll wait the 3 days.

!!!? I am guessing your display is bugged as well. It was opened October 16th, 2019. Two months ago.

And if you have 3 days you are on your third silence at least.

1 Like

well I have no problem getting this silence as it is mandated by the reaper of souls agreement I accepted.

however I’d hope blizzard would fulfill it’s part of the implied promise of professionalism and fix the game and not leave the entire game content broken for me.

Good luck blizzard, I am a programmer if you are a little short on staff or something maybe I can forward a CV over somewhere if you are hiring. I can double as a Lead game designer as well if need be.

Thank you.

If you wish to apply, you don’t request it on the forums. You just click the Careers link and search the jobs. Careers at Blizzard Entertainment | Blizzard Entertainment jobs Good luck!

2 Likes

I doubt his display is bugged. He probably read “Oct 16” as “October 2016”. Discourse doesn’t do a very good job of differentiating day vs. year with regard to post dates shown on the righthand bar. It’s a pet peeve of mine with this new forum software.

1 Like

Wait what, sometimes not being able to start a game means I’m in some way silenced?
Only “group” play I do is playing bounties in public (where my average is at least 9 cleared bounties) and here and there with a friend…
Restarting the game usually fixes it for me, though.

Almost christmas and the season is “almost” over. I sure hope this is fixed rather soon, so I can get the pet :confused:

Already knew that, cause people having a mute from WoW etc. can’t play D3 as well.
Hopefully they are having a solution soon before the season ends. Cause I would have loved to have that pet and just able to play again.