Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader

Beginning to think they just wait for peoples mutes to be done with.
Miss playing so much and nothing…

Still hoping they are getting it fixed soon. The s19 pet is calling for me…

1 Like

mute: refraining from speech or temporarily speechless.
ban: an official or legal prohibition.

one you aren’t able to talk…the other you cant even play…so if people get muted they should be able to play…again knock off the shaming and argument of you shouldn’t have gotten muted in the first place…that argument is dead and has no bearing on being BANNED from the game…and if you think you cant manipulate the mute system, you are incredibly naive…

1 Like

What’s going on with Blizzard? My Start Game is also greyed out and I’ve done everything to resetting the internet, changing regions and uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Did all the tests I’ve researched online and nothing. I can’t even join games in EU and Asia… I need a solution ASAP Blue!

Have you been Silenced in any Blizzard games? If so that is what this thread is about. There is a bug right now that Silenced players can’t start a game in Diablo 3. No ETA right now when it will be fixed.

New update cause of a bug in game. Wonder when we gonna get an update for this issue…
How is this even a thing? People are waiting more than 30 days now…
This is unjustified… Kinda outrageous…

You can fix an ingame bug right away, but this seems like “oh well, let’s fix it in 2021”…

1 Like

This is ridiculous. I’ve spent an hour troubleshooting this, found the old forum threads from a year ago and tried those steps, then found this one. I play WoW Classic and a premade server group mass reported me in AV because I had a different strategy… and now my account was automatically silenced for 48 hours. It was a BS report spam, which automatically suspended me, and to top it off, now I can’t play D3. Unbelievable. I wish we could get the “Classic” blizzard customer support and developers of 2006 back as well.

Friend who is silenced is unable to create/join any games. Is there any effort being made towards fixing this or this going to be the Blizzard policy moving forward?

@Bigginz,

Blizzard is working on it… no ETA.

Last update is here: Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader - #295 by Drakuloth

Almost 2 months by now.
We can’t demand a fix. Nor being able to play. Yes, we were muted cause we did something that is against the rules.
But would like to know if anyone at Blizzard would like to wait for this long for a fix?
Even though this problem might be hard to fix, this is getting a bit too long of a wait for people to be able to play.
So people just need to wait for Diablo 4 , or can we actually get to play soon?

Back then people had to put in a ticket to report people, but the same things were actionable (language, names, etc.). It did not result in a Silence though, it resulted in a total game suspension.

If you got a 48 hour penalty applied then a GM look at the logs of the chat that were attached to the reports and agreed it was worth an actual penalty. This appears to be your second Silence if you are at 48 hours. It doubles every time.

If you feel you did nothing wrong and want the GMs to look at the logs again, feel free to put in an appeal. Blizzard Support - Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban

Keep in mind, if you voiced your “different strategy” with profanity or insults, then the Silence is going to be upheld. Those things have always been against the rules, it just took a ticket to get action vs the right click report.

1 Like

Oh so that’s what it was… yes I’ve been silenced and I tried to appeal it because some random player reported me because I didn’t do bounties properly… Thank you for the clarification

Blizzard: We meant to charge you 5$
Player: Well i seem to be paying a 75$ price
Blizzard: Not my problem. Should’nt have done business with us.

Is basically what youre saying.

Doesnt seem very reasonable to me.
Why are you not lifting these bugged squelches, and replacing them with a temporary suspention? Example: lift a 2week squelch, and replace with a 3day suspention.
You seriously cant compromise? pathetic.

Or just fix the issue. Over 50 days now and nothing. Just admit they won’t do a thing until peoples mutes are over.
Instead of saying “we are looking into it”.
If you can’t fix this for 2 months, it would be better to look into a new dev that could solve it

well even still.
I assume theyre trying to find a fix, but in the meantime there has to be damage control.
They cant just be like “lol not my problem, enjoy your 2month ban that was supposed to be a squelch”.
i mean, they CAN do that, but its so unprofessional and scummy.

1 Like

We got the “right” to play, but no fixes. While in game bug was fixed right away.
Just come forward and admit they won’t do anything. 2 months by now and nothing.
This is indeed unprofessional.
Either prey for a short mute or wait until Diablo 4 comes.

We can’t demand anything. It’s their game, their rules. And I cannot make myself a pro when it comes to in game issues. It can be a big one impossible to solve.
But letting us not knowing anything and go for 50+days without anything is kinda outrageous.

Listen man, me and my friend deserved our mute so we sincerely waited till our mute is over so we can play again. It’s a bug, but it’s also part of our fault as well, so I don’t blame Blizzard for that unlike you. As a matter of fact, I talked about this issue with my Clan mates, and they told me they were familiar with your ID, and guess what they said, they said you were mostly playing in public and doing power harassment, insulting other players. You probably deny the facts, but that’s how people felt about your play.
Look at you now, keep blaming and attacking Blizzard, and now you are telling me off about it.
You can’t wait, and you need keep complain Blizzard to fix the bug.
That’s how I felt about your demeanor.

some of you are being too hard on yourselves. NONE of you deserved a ban. you deserved your squelch just as i did. You deserve a ban when Blizzard sends you a correspondence saying, “your account has been suspended/banned indefinitely” for an action that is deserving of a ban.

The fact that this bug hasn’t been fixed for close to 90+ days is criminal. Yet, blizzard can send a hot fix within a 2 day period to fix an exploit that players were using to move up the seasonal leaderboard. it’s not ok to treat players like this.

don’t let this thread die! keep it going! keep fighting to be heard!

1 Like

Indeed. I was being patient before. Cause I don’t know how much it takes to correct this issue, but this is getting out of hand.
Don’t promise us, that it is being taken care of when clearly it is not.
They just sit around waiting for the mute from peoples accounts to pass so they can play…

You all deserve your ban! You didn’t get muted by mistake. I can see by the way you are all going on here why you have been given mutes in the first place. Self pity. Take your mediceine/ punnishment and stop crying!

As you clearly can see, someone is being ironic and needs a mute themselves.

Let’s just hope Blizzard got some news before christmas at least.