Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader

Well, technically, a D3 license can be moved from one Bnet account to another. To do it you have to leave all social groups then contact CS. I don’t think they do it though to avoid consequences of an account action, even if that consequence resulted in an un-intended bug.

It is usually done when people want to move all their Blizzard licenses to one account, or in the case of a child becoming 18. They almost never split an account.

Here is the article on it. Blizzard Support - Combine Battle.net Accounts

1 Like

It was so that I could play and not lose what I have on my main account.
Cause I miss playing so much. So was just wondering if it was possible.
Not to avoid any mute or anything. :slight_smile:

I can confirm this is related to account silence/mute. once my mute was over i was able to play. I’ve been able to play for 24hrs now.

Here’s the problem, and this is why this issue is a priority 1 fix.

I’m fearful now. I’m literally afraid to type ANYTHING in any chat under fear of someone just reporting it for the sake of being a bully. It’s my understanding that you’re auto-muted? as in a number of reports must happen then the system applies the mute? if that’s correct, then what’s the probability that a physical person would reverse the decision? each email i’ve received states that a the decision is non-negotiable, and won’t be reversed. So now, i’m fearful and deal with heightened anxiety while playing because now i must anxiously scrutinize every thing i type no matter how appropriate it is wondering will someone just report this? so far, i’ve mostly played solo out of fear. This is fear you, Blizzard, have created. I’ve purchased a game that, as much as it’s meant to be played solo, is meant to be played with a community. I no longer trust the player base. What am I supposed to do now? Just stop playing? Don’t buy any future Blizzard game? This is literally the definition of a toxic environment, and no one created it except you Blizz.

Yes I hear you man, and I was telling about this from the 1st place.
I know prideful Blizzard will not listen to players’ torments on this.
Just yelling at Blizzard to fix the bug is pretty much waste of time right now.
It’s rather better to consider how players are not to get reported.
For that reason, I only play within the clan and friends now.
Only people that I trust, otherwise this mute ban will just keep going for ever.

Agree with this. After a couple of mutes, they won’t let you appeal anymore.
So people can just report you and it will mute the account. Then you can’t play.

And with this “speed”, it does not seem like there will be a fix for this problem…

It is not exactly automated. They have an anti spam feature where a whole lot of reports can get an auto squelch applied until a GM reviews it. Otherwise, reporting takes a snapshot of the reported text, and lines around it, and files it as a report for review. A GM makes the call on the Silence.

Penalties are no longer up to the GM. They start at 24 hours (I think) and double every time you get Silenced after that.

Number Hours Days Years
1 24 1
2 48 2
3 96 4
4 192 8
5 384 16
6 768 32
7 1536 64
8 3072 128
9 6144 256
10 12288 512 1.4
11 24576 1024 2.8
12 49152 2048 5.6
13 98304 4096 11.2
14 196608 8192 22.4
15 393216 16384 44.9
16 786432 32768 89.8

For Appeals - they DO check those manually. It takes seconds because the reported text is attached to the report. All they have to do it glance at it. If the text breaks the rules, then the Silence is upheld. You don’t get to argue your “side” and why you said what you said. They will only review the actual text.

If you have appealed an instance of a Silence repeatedly, and it is still upheld, they will eventually tell you to stop appealing because the answer won’t change. This cycle repeats for each instance of a Silence. So, if you get Silenced again, you can appeal again.

You don’t actually have to worry about being Silenced for things that don’t break the rules. If you say ‘Good morning’ (once, not spam), and 50 people report you, you might get auto squelched, but you would be able to get that overturned.

Many people accuse Blizzard of being totally automate in the appeals department and here is an example of Blizz responding to a Name Change appeal (and complaint) regarding how fast they can turn appeals around.

I highly recommend reading the Customer Support forums on a regular basis if you want insight into the process.

This was last night

1 Like

They only check the first couple of times.

In the emails I’ve recieved the last couple of times, they stated something like “this cannot be appealled and we will not look further into it”.
So you are actually not given more chances.
While I am muted for a long time, this shouldn’t be a thing.
Cause I was replying to someone trash talking me and it turned out him and his clan reported me and was then muted.

1 Like

Never let yourself get baited into something like that. IRL it can be hard to not blurt things out verbally when you are in an argument. Online you have to type and hit enter.

Just report the jerks and go do your own thing without them. Never ever let someone make you so mad you can’t control yourself!

I have a tendency to get snarky and sarcastic when annoyed…but have learned that only gets me in trouble and makes things worse. I usually just take a break from the computer and go do something else. Those online individuals are never worth the minimal effort to even get mad at.

4 Likes

I have as well. I used to be provoked a lot more than now. And yeah, I was to blame as well… But indeed got baited into it. I don’t really mind not being able to chat, but dang it sucks when you can’t play as well. They even put their clan/friends against me… But yeah was not worth it. Cause ( as you might know lol ) I am so excited to be able to play again and can’t hardly wait.
Was def. not worth it getting that mute. And as you know, this is a looong one by now. I know they could just ban people and it’s nice they have the mute thing and giving people a chance/several. But it’s hard to not even be able to appeal it anymore.

I’m in!!! I’d just like to say btw that everyone that think’s they are baited they are not. You just can’t handle talking to people correctly and you only you are responsible. No such thing as bait becuase if their is that also makes you doubley stupid. You are responsible for your own mute. Enjoy! Bye!!

Hence the word “baited”. What else does this mean ? … Yeah…

Still waiting for an update to this problem

VenymCKU#1964 Add me, I’ll play with ya and let you say what you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened because they must have lifted it early because i was banned for a long time! Now I’m not. I’m hundred percent certain on that!

They wont do that,
Your longest period of mute ban explaining everything.
yessquire said “The Moral of this story is Don’t get yourself muted.”
So that’s the everything about this issue.
Although, some people doesn’t wanna believe in that.
Probably those people will never learn the lesson and start telling at Blizzard to fix it.
I’ve already said don’t be a stuck up jerk in game but be a nice person in preamble of my threads.

I appreciate the education and clarifying this. I really do. However, the damage is done. The information you’ve provided does not ease my fear nor anxiety one bit. It will be with me until the end of the Diablo franchise

1 Like

hey check it out another day another non fix…dont worry the admins will chime in and tell you its ONLY been 2 months instead of 3…yeah that makes it ok, that blizzard can functionally turn your game you bought, into an expensive wall paper…I dont care if its 10$ or 10,000$ you took my money and I took your product…I paid for an interactive video game, not wallpaper, and you know damn well thats wrong by any metric…you keep your self righteous, blizzard is doing everything it can(it isn’t and its more obvious each and every day) to yourself, no one is buying it after 2+ months of nonsense…I also enjoy how you word your muting of this sub, it is completely inaccurate…its just shameful of much garbage the mods will tell you when the truth is sitting right in front of them…“You don’t actually have to worry about being Silenced for things that don’t break the rules” well green text, you are 100% wrong on this and I have the screenshots to prove it…you can literally get muted for saying " go ahead troll and open your nephlem then leave"…captured from the game master(laughable title) as the reason for a mute…your f***ing game is overrun with trolls and bots, but apparently saying someone is a troll(which the admins on this very site have called people without getting muted) gets you muted? increadible the circle jerk logic and lies you people try to use to justify what you are doing…

anyways, another day another non fix from the wonderful world of blizzard…now personally,i can play the game, I just enjoy popping in here making it know how wrong what blizzard is doing…you know according to the t.o.s blizzard is allowed to revoke your license if the mod on duty decides that its raining and he doesn’t like every 100th account…according to them that is good enough reason to take your money and run…moral of the story, dont buy blizzard games anymore…ill ask again, what other games, by virtually anyone other than blizzard are worth it to buy as this one no longer is worth anything?

Beginning to think they just wait for peoples mutes to be done with.
Miss playing so much and nothing…

Still hoping they are getting it fixed soon. The s19 pet is calling for me…

1 Like

mute: refraining from speech or temporarily speechless.
ban: an official or legal prohibition.

one you aren’t able to talk…the other you cant even play…so if people get muted they should be able to play…again knock off the shaming and argument of you shouldn’t have gotten muted in the first place…that argument is dead and has no bearing on being BANNED from the game…and if you think you cant manipulate the mute system, you are incredibly naive…

1 Like

What’s going on with Blizzard? My Start Game is also greyed out and I’ve done everything to resetting the internet, changing regions and uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Did all the tests I’ve researched online and nothing. I can’t even join games in EU and Asia… I need a solution ASAP Blue!

Have you been Silenced in any Blizzard games? If so that is what this thread is about. There is a bug right now that Silenced players can’t start a game in Diablo 3. No ETA right now when it will be fixed.