Squirt's Necklace: No Icon || Not working

Squirt’s Necklace appears to be bugged. I was testing non-seasonal PTR on my wizard at GR99-114, and had swapped out Endless walk for Squirt’s. I was wearing ABBs with MW:D and Galvanizing ward.

Firstly there is no icon to indicate that this buff is active or inactive.

Second, the damage output of my build did not appear to match that as when I had equipped endless walk. Clear times were remarkably slower.

Either the bonus is not working at all, or it is not working as expected with shielding.

My expectation with shielding is that as long as I don’t take damage to health, shielding from MW:D, Galvanizing etc. should keep this buff active.

Please look into fixing this issue, and clarify the below:
What is the expectation with this item in regards to shielding?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Can confirm. Squirt’s Necklace seems not to be working as described. Comparison was Endless Walk Set. Test Class: Wizard.

Make sure you’re not wearing a legacy Squirt’s Necklace. Even buying the jewelry from the Goatman does not guarantee that you will get the new version.

1 Like

Good point, Vermonster. To clarify, I purchased from dank-meim vendor bottom right bag, and it had the latest lengendary effect listed, and I was able to even cube it.

In fact in testing, I was running with Squirt’s Necklace cubed (Flavor of Time worn).

Was finally able to get into PTR and test this with my UE demon hunter. Only change was replacing Hellfire with Squirt’s (new version). Did not see any damage improvement at all. Did not see any indication that the ammy had procced, but not sure if there should be one.

I can confirm this.

When you get hit by melee or projectile damage, you do not lose the buff if you have a shield.

If you stand in elemental damage, you lose the buff, even if your shield is not broken. In addition, if you get hit by a knockback, you lose your buff as well.

However, if you get hit by a knockback while standing in elemental, you get 75% reduced damage, even if your shield is not broken.

In my tests, the damage output was 40ish with the buff up, then dropped to 20ish when standing in fire, then dropped to 10ish when also getting knocked back.

Full report here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/squirts-necklace-2-bugs/749

2 Likes

Thank you for testing! It’s even worse than I was thinking. Odd that it IS working in some ways but not in others.

As I posted in another topic make the power something like Aquilas chest: you gain the power if above XX% life. No ramp-ups, no bugs. And ofc make an icon lol.

2 Likes