Squirt's Necklace Feedback

Lot to unpack there…

First, CoE rotation is 4 secs, and most classes get 4 elements, so the cycle is 16 secs.

Second, if you can run a GR and only take a hit once every 20 secs, you are not pushing, and then the whole argument is irrelevant. For T16 and 5 minute GR 100s, it is fine to do double or triple damage, because you are one-shotting everything anyway. You will not be able to push GR 120-150s without taking occasional damage and then COE or Flavor of time is the better choice.

With CoE:
You do normal damage for 12 secs, then 200% for 4 secs.
Average damage is 50% more if you are in a long elite battle and can tank. For solo, most people run around and gather mobs while off rotation, then hit them hard and tank for the 4 secs, so they do a lot less than 50% more, unless they are playing mid tier GRs, and they are constantly hitting mobs in between their element. For party play they need a healer, which implies that they are taking damage, in which case Squirts is useless.

With Squirts:
You lose the buff any time you take damage, which means you have to have a shield active all the time, or you are super human and can dodge every attack. If you lose the buff every 20 secs, and it takes 10 secs to fully recover, then you average 75% more damage, but it also means that you can no longer tank because when you get hit, you take double damage.

So with CoE, you gather mobs off-rotation, then tank for 4 secs, but with Squirts, you can not tank at all. You have to dodge and hit the mobs when you get a chance.

I think you will waste a lot more time dodging mobs than actually doing damage if you try to push with Squirts. The only class I can see being able to push with this is Wiz. All the rest will only be able to use it for mid tier GRs and T16 where they are one-shotting everything before they can hit you.

What class (other than Wiz), and on what build, can you see people being able to push 15 minute GRs and only getting hit once every 20 secs? Possibly Necro in a 4 man party?

Still, your argument was that this would be mandatory for every build. I do not see that happening at all.

I play Hardcore and I wont be using it on any of my builds.
Flavor of time/Traveler’s Pledge/Hellfire are just as good if not better in softcore.

This is not correct. Once you are out of Archon you take damage and when you go back into Archon due to very long stacking mechanic of Squirt’s necklace, it takes 1.5+10 sec to get the max damage and therefor it doesn’t work as well as endless walk set. Not to mention currently the stacks resets if you get hit by none-physical damage even if you have a damage absorption shield on your character.

Suggestion: make the item stacking mechanic to start immediately and not after 1.5 secs and also making it stack to 5 stacks similar to endless walk set and 20% per stack provides consistency and reliability.

I think this item is still too buggy to draw a conclusion at the moment. We will have to wait until they implement the buff icon and possibly bug fixes for further testing.

If you are using Galvanizing ward, and Deflection, you can keep your shield.

Even if you get hit once, right as you come out of Archon, that is still a net benefit of 75% more damage.

Ahhh thats not how it works. You lose the entire stacks when you get hit even once and then it takes 1.5 + 10 secs to get it back up to full 100% which is simply just endless walks set.

You are correct. You lose all stacks when you get hit. Then over the next 10 secs as it is ramping up you will average 50% more damage. Then for the next 10 secs, you will get 100% damage, so average of 75% more damage if you get hit once every 20 secs.

The difference between Endless walk and this amulet, is that you get the full damage bonus while you are kiting the mobs, and it does not require 2 pieces to be worn so you can use Squirts and CoE at the same time.

1 Like

well but as said before, it’s totally possible with slow time and correct positioning with mass shields + vitality to not lose any life at all, doesnt matter inside or outside of archon.
you get +50% incoming dmg, but as of right now in good rifts it’s possible to not get hit a single time in GR 125+ and the synergy with vitality is outrageous.
when people figure out that this is more than just an insider then yes Squirts is absolutely crazy with Vyr.

Can as well just run Karini and never drop shields just like that with no issues at all. Still a big toughness boost that way going Karini + Squirts instead of Endless Walk.
Probably the safest bet for most of the season. Even alot more toughness than right now, but losing no dmg compared to EW.

It would go good with this build which is dependent on DPS and control. You can stay completely unhit if you really want to.

https://www.d3planner.com/534790524

It could use it desperately. In fact it would replace the moritorium gem with the new LoD gem on top of using squirts necklace in place of the johan. It could be a really good necklace for level grinding and early gear hunting.