Squirt's Necklace Feedback

I interpreted that as being a range. But with Blizzard’s descriptions it’s hard to tell without testing. This was one of the first Legendary items that dropped for me, but it’s too soon for me to tell. And being that I started with a Level 1 Seasonal Character, I probably won’t have it equipped long enough to tell.

I don’t really like the idea of taking “up to” 50% more Damage if I’m hit anyway. I’ve got to admit though, this reminds me of many of the original Diablo Unique items. They were a blessing and a curse. :smiley:

While the patch notes say they are trying to add legendary items that can be used by all classes, this item heavily favors Wiz and makes Vyr archon even more ridiculous because Wiz is the only class that can generate a huge amount of shield that prevents player from actually taking damage (besides dodging attacks of course).

I’d say the “while not taking damage” part is not a well thought out design.

Edit: Wait, the amulet actually increases damage taken?

1 Like

I have a strong feeling that will make your hero a glass cannon.

like hunterkiller said it’s still a very solid choice for Vyr Wizards.
You get the same dmg increase as with the Endless Walk set and can wear unity.

100% incoming dmg + Squirts 50% = 150% incoming dmg

• 50% DR from unity = 75% incoming dmg.

So if youre not taking dmg (which is even easier now to obtain with a -25% DR buff) it’s a buff overall. On top Squirts always rolls with double crit as far as I remember, so it’s very easy to get a well rolled one of those.

Squirts is also very strong with the Demon Hunter UE set. UE6/Capt. Crimson’s3 with cubed RoRG opens up lots of options for the cubed armor slot.

I just preformed some tests in the Brawling grounds, and it looks like it performs the same as the Endless walk set.

Once you take damage, your DPS drops by half, and then slowly ramps back up over 10 seconds.

Video showing the test:

Spreadsheet showing the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LAlIX-cCHwbjf9ZVyEfQAdvtnJtSSSVb/edit#gid=1882875101

1 Like

Great job mate, albeit a little depressing. Makes the item much worse overall.

Agree that an indicator similar to the Endless Walk set is needed in order for us to test this further. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah, the 10 second ramp being reset constantly really kills this.

I like the idea of the risk and reward, but it would make much more sense as instant full 100% buff and 50% debuff. a 2 second cool down when hit where the item turns off, then back to full buff and debuff.

1 Like

I have been playing with this, and have been assuming it ramps similarly to the Endless Walk set (from the “up to”). An indicator / buff icon with the number like Endless Walk would really assist in being able to see how useful this item is when testing. Right now (no indication icon) I don’t know how often I have the 100% damage increase (with 50% more damage taken).

1 Like

Idk about this neck. I see the damage increase and I go meh. I see the damage taken increase and it varies from “Oh” to “wtf.”

Damage done increase is cool when it works. The increased taken damage is not cool because it always works.

Bliz could remove the up to 50% increased damage taken and I would think it was fine with it’s competition of endless walk/hellfire.

IMO this item change has a great concept, but would work so much better if it was “Always On”

By that I mean that while wearing it you should always deal 100% more damage AND take 50% more damage. Alternatively, getting hit could “turn off” the item for a short duration (2 secs?) but it would turn on again completely after the cool down if you avoid damage.

The current ramp up mechanic heavily emphasizes the 50% debuff in practice and makes the item FAR worse than endless walk set unless you are cheesing the mechanic with shield abilities.

1 Like

This item should be for t16 farm with goldwrap but you receive some dmg even being “invulnerable” looting gold. If 1 dmg makes the buff drop… It has to be changed to be a more usable mechanic.
I would prefer somthing like aquilas chest: when you drop from XX% life, you lose the effect ultil you are above again.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be if you get hit you are now taking damage then the 50 percent more damage taken will not apply. Looks like that effect will now do anything.

That makes sense.

Squirt’s Necklace

• New Legendary Power: While not taking damage, your damage is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%.

So, if you’re not taking Damage:

1. Your Damage is increased by up to 100%
  2. And Damage taken is increased by up to 50%.

Therefore, the first time you get hit, you suffer up to 50% more Damage. But, the Legendary Power resets. So, as long as you take Damage after that, you only take normal Damage.

This might not be as bad as I originally thought. But, only if that’s the way it actually works. (With Blizzard’s descriptions it’s hard to tell until it’s been tested). :wink:

I tested it extensively, but it has so many bugs currently that it is not clear what they intended.

2 Likes

Apparently this amulet will replace CoE in some Builds. But can be 100% for EACH element, ie 400%, that is the double of CoE.
It will be more consistent, BUT it will not increase diversity, it will be a MUST

This item must have its nerff damage to be close to CoE…

Currently, if you take any damage, you will lose the buff and it will slowly come back over 10 seconds.

Do you think that 90% of builds in the game can play without taking a single HP of damage during a GR, or even keep up the buff more than 75% of the time?

A few of them can, but it will be far from mandatory.

Even if you have Goldwrap in the Vault with 600T toughness, you will lose the buff if you get hit.

Don’t know where you are getting this from. The amulet does 100% more damage. CoE averages to 50% more damage in most cases.

Where are you getting 400% from? Are you planning on using 4 different skills with 4 different elements?

This is a very inefficient way to play, for many reasons.

Any build as long as there is adequate support, and depending on GR level obviously.

If the item is stronger, it is obvious that it will be mandatory …

Is this evident … or do you think I’m trying to balance Normal Rifts?

Assuming Squirts to be Mult damage.

I have 100 base damage.
4 Elements, 5 seconds each = 20 seconds.

In 20 seconds, who will do the most damage:

1st CoE = 200% for 5 SECONDS?
or
2nd Squirts = 100% for 20 seconds?

Okay, assuming I lose a few seconds, maybe 10 seconds (being too pessimistic), I would still be doing the same damage as CoE …
In addition, it is also common to lose CoE rotations.

Lot to unpack there…

First, CoE rotation is 4 secs, and most classes get 4 elements, so the cycle is 16 secs.

Second, if you can run a GR and only take a hit once every 20 secs, you are not pushing, and then the whole argument is irrelevant. For T16 and 5 minute GR 100s, it is fine to do double or triple damage, because you are one-shotting everything anyway. You will not be able to push GR 120-150s without taking occasional damage and then COE or Flavor of time is the better choice.

With CoE:
You do normal damage for 12 secs, then 200% for 4 secs.
Average damage is 50% more if you are in a long elite battle and can tank. For solo, most people run around and gather mobs while off rotation, then hit them hard and tank for the 4 secs, so they do a lot less than 50% more, unless they are playing mid tier GRs, and they are constantly hitting mobs in between their element. For party play they need a healer, which implies that they are taking damage, in which case Squirts is useless.

With Squirts:
You lose the buff any time you take damage, which means you have to have a shield active all the time, or you are super human and can dodge every attack. If you lose the buff every 20 secs, and it takes 10 secs to fully recover, then you average 75% more damage, but it also means that you can no longer tank because when you get hit, you take double damage.

So with CoE, you gather mobs off-rotation, then tank for 4 secs, but with Squirts, you can not tank at all. You have to dodge and hit the mobs when you get a chance.

I think you will waste a lot more time dodging mobs than actually doing damage if you try to push with Squirts. The only class I can see being able to push with this is Wiz. All the rest will only be able to use it for mid tier GRs and T16 where they are one-shotting everything before they can hit you.

What class (other than Wiz), and on what build, can you see people being able to push 15 minute GRs and only getting hit once every 20 secs? Possibly Necro in a 4 man party?

Still, your argument was that this would be mandatory for every build. I do not see that happening at all.