Spot My Necro: I want to graduate to gr120

Hi all,

Please spot my necro. I want to graduate to gr120 and would like your suggestions on how I can upgrade my old man to breeze gr 120. I just did 110 yesterday and have stayed there for the mean time for safety and to level up my gems and upgrade my augments. So far, I have no issues yet on survivability and if RNGesus blesses me with high density and good type of mobs, I can easily clear 110 in less than 6 minutes but not yet in less than 4.

I have a few questions in mind as well for upgraditis:

• Should I farm more paragon before gr120? What’s the minimum paragon level to safely and efficiently clear gr120
  • Which is better? Capt. Crimson or Aughild’s?
  • I am currently on unity set-up, if I go for Crimson or Aughild’s would it be safe to let go of unity? If not, which cube item should I let go of for RORG?

I know for a fact that I still need to find a good Haunted Visions amulet that rolls Cold, CC, and CD so I am grinding hard.

This is my old guy:

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/alunsina-1419/hero/129261048

I decided to self-PL because I don’t like the female necro’s voice so I did a gender re-assignment. I feel as if I’m constipated and need to expel a year’s worth of poop when she talks. I basically just transferred the BS set to the old guy.

Thanks guys <3

First with Capts you have to roll a lot of cdr, so in your case go Aughlids.
Cube Krysbin’s Ring and wear a good RoGR, reason you can get max multiplier off of Krys that way. Now changed all those rubies to topaz.
I would change your curse to Decripify-Rune Enfeeblement, this slows down everything alot.
Now change the skill overwhelming essence to either bone prison or spreading malediction.
Your bracer could use a higher multiplier than 325%, that number is more important any over for damage.

Wrote a few paragraphs of advice before I realised that you are playing hardcore… OK so my bit of extra advice, with hopefully also hardcore friendly:

I never ended up trying Aughild’s so can’t comment of that, did Brigg’s and Captain Crimson’s.

I was a bit lucky with my Captain Crimson’s crafts (got a perfect stat belt after 8 crafts and an ancient pair of pants pretty quickly as well) but the cooldown is probably not that hard to get?

For your helm: swap the topaz to amythest if you are staying with Brigg’s, don’t need the resource cost reduction and the vitality is the most useful. If you choose to go for Captain Crimson’s then use a diamond for the extra damage (maybe vitality is needed with hardcore?).

I believe Robray’s passive suggestion is the optimal, but I didn’t like that setup. You do need bone prison though. I tried not having overwhelming essence and rather spreading malediction but just didn’t like it. Point is you should be able to do it if you prefer.

I can’t remember what my paragon was when I got 120 but I am pretty sure it was around 1 100 like you are. But it wasn’t hardcore.

I didn’t notice you was hardcore either. I chose Aughild’s because you don’t have to roll anything special for it to work, where as with Capt’s you need to roll cdr for damage. r0xo is right about going amythest in helm and you may want to kept the rubies for armor.