Speed S22 Barb self-leveling 1-70 in 1h (VIDEOs)

For Those About to R̶o̶c̶k̶ Rend and Roll! ©
Hail and Kill, Barbros! VERY easy 5 ways for 1-70 SOLO leveling here. Videos attached.

I. DIABLO WARS. EPISODE 22. ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Brand new leveling method based on Season 22 Theme
Take the shrine and let your Clone one-shot everything @T6 for huge XP boost

Key words: “Shrine”, “Bovine Bardiche
(Playstyle similar to T6 Cleaver / S20_Kanai self-leveling)

Detailed by Bluddshed:

Detailed by Wudijo (:warning: DH, sry, Barbros!):

Don’t need weapon in Cube (useless @T6)

Tips & Tricks:
I. Challenge Rift for mats (after S22 start)
II. Seasonal DH / Craft 70 lvl Bovine Bardiche (1/3 chance; 1/4 for Barb) / Put in Stash / Delete DH
III. Seasonal Barbarian

1. Hello, Kaddy!

Use Kadala @lvl.1 for:
[Ring] Band of Might - BiS / Damage Reduction
[Ring] Leoric’s Signet - BiS / XP boost
[Armor] Leoric’s Crown - BiS / XP boost
[Armor] Lut Socks - BiS / avoid / escape danger
[Weapon] BOVINE BARDICHE - BIS / LEVELING (@lvl.34+)

1. Love is a Shield

Buy / craft a shield & HP-oriented gear

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead

Use Skills: Furious Charge (21) / Leap (8) for mobility (survivability as well), Threatening Shout (14), Ignore Pain (22), War Cry (28), Wrath of the Berserker (30) for defence

IV. “MU MU Land (Justified & Ancient)

If lucky with Cow-stick → Goto “Not The Cow Level” (6 shrines & 1001 Infernal Bovines for huge T6 massacre killstreaks / 34 Chests as well)

V. Else → Use well-known locations (like usually do for XP pools)

My personal funny “It’s Grim Up North” Route 66:
Leoric’s Manor Courtyard → N.Highlands 1,2 → S.Highlands / Moon Clan Cave 1,2
(with high chances for goblins (RBG as well) for legendaries / gems / plans and chances to open Cow level / Vault (Boon of the Hoarder + Custerian Wristguards))

BONUS: Master a Set Dungeon IK WWR < 1 min

=============================================

II. The easiest: MASSACRE killstreaks (SOLO)
Key word(s): “Pox Faulds” (the ONLY legendary pants available by Kadala at lvl.1 - so pretty high chances to get)
Farm route: Halls of Agony lvl.3 @T1, repeatedly
Run / leap from one (3+ mobs) crowd to another with any crafted 2H-Weapon, melting them with PF legendary affix to keep the massacre bonus alive
No weapon in Cube required since no Elites fights - just kill as much trash mobs as possible
Tips & Tricks:
1.Skills: Furious Charge / Leap for mobility,
Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash) for grouping,
Rend / Weapon Throw / Seismic Slam to keep killstreak active
2.Use common drop: bothering stuff (Band of hollow whispers, Nagelring, Sebor’s Nightmare, Golden Gorget of Leoric (B), etc) to keep killstreak active, AD stuff (Death Watch Mantle, Andariel’s Visage, Death’s Bargain (B), Mad Monarch’s Scepter (B), Scourge, etc) for faster kills (*B = bounties’ gifts)

III. The fastest: T6 CLEAVER kills (SOLO / party)
Key words: “Be Quick Or Be Dead” ©
Farm route: Halls of Agony lvl.1 @T6, repeatedly
Lead mobs to falling cleavers that kill them to reward you with huge (T6-based) XP
Some skill (mostly to dodge) required
No need ANY additional stuff - just use dropped / buyed / crafted HP-oriented
Tips & Tricks:
1.Skills: Furious Charge / Leap for mobility (survivability as well),
Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash) for grouping under cleavers,
Weapon Throw / Seismic Slam for distant fire,
Threatening Shout (Demoralize) to call mobs
2.Lut Socks for leaping, Band of Might (1 of 2 rings (wanted Leoric’s Signet as well)) all available by Kadala at lvl.1 for HUGE DR
3.Buy a shield
4.Be ready for multiple deaths - annoying a bit (repair required)

IV. The Holy Grail: VAULT gold (SOLO / party)
Key words: “Puzzle Ring” & “Custerian Wristguards”
Farm route: Town, Kadala, repeatedly
Main goal: do anything (Rifts, Blood Thief Gobs, keep Challenge Rift cache) to have enough shards to get Puzzle Ring (lvl.31 for gamble - 1 of 4 legendary rings available, x4 in party) and Custerian Wristguards (lvl.34 for gamble - 1 of 7 legendary bracers available @34)
Tips & Tricks:
1.When got both → goto @T6, wear Custerian Wristguards, put emerald in helm, cube Puzzle Ring → run thru opened Vault to take all gold piles @T6 → lower the difficulty to T1 → kill Greed to get Boon of the Hoarder with native 25% chance of explosion of gold on killing, so if you leave Vault still under lvl.70 → goto Ruins of Corvus @T4+ to reach lvl.70 in minutes fighting (t̶h̶e̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶o̶̶̶r̶̶̶l̶̶̶d̶̶̶̶̶) © insects
2.Totally 10+ mil XP/gold for lvl.50 / 93+ mil XP/gold for lvl.60 / 576+ mil XP/gold for lvl.70 needed

V. The funniest: GOBSBUSTERS (SOLO / party)
A kind of symbiosis of p.I & p.III with massacre killstreaks in holy hope for RBG / Whimsyshire (5%), Vault (2%), Puzzle Rings, Custerian Wristguards, legendaries, Imperial gems (lvl.20+ @T1+), shards, gold (with wristguards on), mats, recipes, resplendent chests at the areas with high Goblins spawn chances, repeatedly:
80+% A5 Pandemonium Fortress lvl 1 (always 0 or 2)
80+% A5 Pandemonium Fortress lvl 2 (always 0 or 2)
70+% A3 Caverns of Frost (lvl 1&2) / Bridge of Korsikk (if spawned)
70+% A1 Northern Highlands (map 1&2)
70+% A1 Cave of the Moon Clan (lvl 1&2) / Southern Highlands
60+% A2 Eastern Channel / Ancient Waterway (lvl 1&2)
60+% A2 Western Channel / Ancient Waterway (lvl 1&2)
Weapon in Cube required to kill Goblins

General Tips & Tricks:
Rubies in weapon for DPS
Rubies in helm for up to +41% XP, up to +82% XP with Leoric’s Crown
Broken Crown for double gems (chests, Gem Hoarders, Vault, Whimsy)
Born’s Defiance (lvl.21) for +20% XP
Cain’s Fate (lvl.23) for +50% XP
Leoric’s Signet for +20-30% XP
Hellfire Ring (lvl.61) for +45% XP

==================================================

I. The easiest: MASSACRE killstreaks (SOLO)
1.NO Kanai’s Cube, Rend to keep massacre killstreak (back to vanilla days):

2.Pox Faulds in Cube:

:warning: DON’T DO CHALLENGE RIFT (Monday) UNTILL SEASON START (Friday) :warning:

1. New seasonal character
  2. Challenge Rift for mats (35xDeath’s Breaths + A1-A5 mats + shards + gold)
  3. Gamble @Kadala (lvl.1) for Pox Faulds (1/1) > Bracers of the First Men (1/2) / Bracers of Destruction (1/2) / Girdle of Giants (1/5), Lut Socks (1/1) / Band of Might (1/2) / Leoric’s Crown (1/1) / Leoric’s Signet (1/2)
  4. Blacksmith to lvl 12 → craft [lvl.70] Rare 2H Mighty weapon
  5. Take Follower’s weapon (Enchantress’ Dagger better) → goto Ruins of Sescheron of A3 for Kanai’s Cube
  6. Upgrade rare 2H-MW in Cube (recipe 3) for Blade of the Tribes >> Gavel of Judgement / Fury of the Vanished Peak > Bastion’s Revered (4/6 = 67% chance)
  7. Cube Pox Faulds / legendary 2H Mighty weapon (recipe 1)
  8. If got (BotT+GoG) >> BotT >> (GoJ+BotFM) > (FotVP+BoD) → goto T1-4+ (wear mbelt (lvl.9) / bracers (lvl.15), lf HP gear)
  9. Visit Merchants for rings (lvl.8) / amulets (lvl.10) with “+average damage” for DPS
  10. Every 4-5 lvls craft new 2H-Sword (Axe): (8) 15 (16) 19 (21) 23 27 (29) 32 (37) 38 (41) 44
  11. @lvl.40 craft [70 lvl] 2H-Mace with crowd control secondary (e.g. chance to stun etc.) and reroll other secondary to reduced level requirement (Up to -30 lvls)
  12. Goto T1-4 to finish leveling

==============================================

II. The fastest: CLEAVER kills (SOLO / party)
Cleaver vs Massacre Leveling:

A little of Big Daddy on all of it:

Parting words (From the Valley of the Kings):

12 Likes

Nice, man. Totally using this strategy. Thanks for the FP pants tip, never would have thought of that. Hoping I hit the jackpot and get GoJ, BotFM, and BoM on my first go. T6 here I come :smiley:

Also, breaking news: Squirts necklace is 100% drop chance at lvl1 :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Hey Manowar, can you break down your guide with a little more detail? Some of the abbreviations you use are a bit confusing. Thanks

DB = Death’s Breaths
A1-A5 = Act 1 - Act 5
2H-MW = 2-hand mighty weapon
KC = Kanai’s Cube
KC/r3 = Kanai’s Cube recipe 3 (upgrade rare)
GoJ = Gavel of Judgement
FotVP = Fury of the Vanished Peak
BotT = Blade of the Tribes
KC/r1 = Kanai’s Cube recipe 1 (extract power)
PF pants = Pox Faulds
BotFM = Bracers of the First Men
BoD = Bracers of Destruction
LS boots = Lut Socks
BoM ring = Band of Might
T1-T4 = Torment 1 - Torment 4
dmg = damage
amu = amulet
2H-Swrd = 2-hand sword (seriously, why abbreviate this one?!? It’s only a single letter dropped haha)
[70 lvl] 2H-Mace with CC -> RLR = Craft a level 70 2-hand mace with crowd control secondary (e.g. chance to stun etc.). Reroll other secondary to reduced level requirement.
Custerian WGs = Custerian Wristguards

2 Likes

Yeah, but amulets cost 100 shards. So you only have 4 shots at 1/10 each.

That’s only a 1 - 0.9^4 = 34.4% chance for Squirt’s.

You can gamble PF pants at level 1? And the bracers? I thought the bracers you had to be like level 15? Maybe I am reading this incorrectly?

Very low level gambling at Kadala does not match normal item levels. You do have to reach that level to equip them, but you can gamble them and cube them at level 1.

I always upgrade yellows for amulets. If you decided to use your 1 KC/r3 it would be 100%. I wouldn’t advise it for Barb, but maybe that’s what you would do for a ranged class.

That won’t work, unfortunately. You can’t upgrade a level 1 item, recipe requires a level 70 yellow item. Means you have the full pool of amulets if you do a rare upgrade. You have to gamble to leverage the reduced low-level pool.

And the item pool for upgrade rare is determined by the level of the yellow item (i.e. level 70), not the character level.

Plus you need Marquise gems to craft a level 70 amulet. You can get lucky and get Imperial gems from a Rainbow portal or Gem Hoarder (T1 or higher), but I don’t think you get Marquise from that, only Imperial. Not sure if it’s possible to get Marquise gems before level 61, unless you go to town upgrading low level gems.

1 Like

Pox Faulds + Lut Socks [+Weapon Throw / Seismic Slam (to keep bonus alive while moving to next crowd)] = permanent massacre bonus (@ A1 HoA3 / FoM)
So actually U don’t need much most of skills - just Run’N’Throw (better Leap’N’Throw / Leap’N’Slam) thru the mob crowds

Don’t like to type a lot, even in my native language (moreover, in a foreign) :slight_smile:

Any Goblin could drop Imperial gems TO [20+ lvl] Char ONLY @T1+

This is correct
All list here:
www.d3planner.com/game/58666/kadala

Thank you Manowar for the expanded definitions . Great guide.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was referencing. Where it says level pox faulds are listed as level 11. I thought that meant you couldn’t gamble them before that. I didnt realize you could earlier.

Edit: I see if I change barbarian level to 1 though then search it still shows some low level items. I suppose that is how you see what level you can gamble them, even if you can’t wear them yet… for cubing? That’s cool.

You’re totally right. I guess I got greedy seeing squirts as the the only necklace that drops at lvl1, without thinking about the limitations of a lvl1 character. Thanks!

You do actually have a pretty high chance of getting it as a random drop at low level. I’ve definitely had more than a few drop early on while levelling at the start of a season. No guarantees, but I think there’s a pretty good chance you’ll see one. Especially if you’re just running rifts to level.

This has actually got me excited for season start. I usually get to 70 fairly fast but I definitely haven’t done anything this well planned out.

Thanks

1 Like

I felt free and translated it into german → German-Version

Thanks for the great guide!

1 Like

for the rare upgrade, think it may be better to go 1h MW instead of 2H MW now? With many of the 1h MW having nice multipliers and abilities now. If you’re lucky and get a fjord cutter and the SS bracer you will be golden lol. Worst case i think you end up with a BK sword to start with at 70.

5/8 to get a multiplier (I didn’t count Remorseless) but neither of them are really good except for Ambo.
Also you miss the synergie with the brassards, except if you get Fjord Cutter but it’s only 1/8 and worse than FotVP.

Back to the Glory of Germany! / To Germany with Love! © :wink:

Thanks for the guide, awesome work :slight_smile:

1 Like